Community Brainstorming Session 101

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Krysyy, Apr 21, 2014.

1. I'm working on something that might be sorta interesting if it works right. Will post more in a week or so...
    Equinox_Boss and hashhog3000 like this.
  2. You've never failed us before! :) I'll look forward to it. Thanks for the feedback!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. -What do you want to see on the Empire?
    I want more events! I would love to see more things as the EMC games. You know, competing events. But also more events like drop-partys and such.
    I would love to see Dragon Tombs being released, it has been underway for so long now, and i think it's great both for the dev team, and for the community to get it released. I would love to see a way of claiming 120x120 residences on SMP1-9, as that often is a problem when creating large projects.
    Another thing I've seen being a huge success is making diffrent team, as the contribution team and build team. We should create more like those. I don't have actual suggestions for any groups, but I am sure we can find groups that would be an awesome addition to EMC.
    -What do you want to see on the Forums?
    More forum titles! We currently have Member, Active Member and Well-known member. We must add more of that. Perhaps new possibilites on the forum, like now we can follow each other and such, but maybe do a bit more. Also if we could personalize our profile page to be more of our own, like a background and custom colors and such.
    It would be awesome if we had a wall, like new feed from people we are following, almost like Facebook?
    Goto like "News" and all the stuff the guys you are following have posted/liked/shared etc will be shown there.
    -What contests do you want to see hosted?
    We need more voting contest being hold by the staff. I've lately seen a regular player host one, but if a staff host it with special rewards and frontpage post and such, many more will vote.
    We need to use the Boss Arena on SMP6 ;)
    More events like EMC Games
    More events like the refer clicks ones... WE NEED TO SPREAD EMC!
    -What buildings do you want on 120 x 120 residences?
    My starting point is that we're talking events, etc.
    I would love to see a huge "The Wall" map on EMC, that's basiclly the only other game map I've ever enjoyed (other than EMC)
    A huge parkour arena
    A sandbox (a sandbox where we have all ressources available and we can construct whatever our heart desires)
    -What else did I not mention?
    http://empireminecraft.com/threads/suggestion-enable-reports-for-v-shop.38544/
  4. And 120x120 residences?
    Mega malls and museums. Also more shops especially if the 120 x 120 residences is utopia because UTOPIA HAS FREE VAULT.
    Saves vaulting money a 10 rupees each time for those who don't have 5 vault pages and who go other servers for most shopping.
    And you forgot to add questions about promo ideas or dragon tombs :p
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. I was pretty disappointed on how to get the eggs. I liked last years where things were more interactive.
    607, Equinox_Boss and AliceF3 like this.
  6. We have it already but it's pretty unknown
    http://empireminecraft.com/account/news-feed

--

Gonna add my thoughts and edit this post later
    607, Equinox_Boss and Faithcaster like this.
  7. I have a few ideas:

-Events: Things like Death events or scavenger hunts in the wild are nice, because everyone has a chance to participate and you don't need expensive items to have a good time. Even the simplest thing, like the latest "Dancing with enraged skeletons" that krysyy ran is something the community loves.

-Contests: Simple things like "Best dirt building" or "Best Easter residence". We used to have contests like that, and everyone loved to participate. Possibly have weekly, monthly and seasonal ones. For the prizes, besides rupees or a few items, I have an idea: Give the contest winners trophy points. Currently, most of the active forum users sit at 218 trophy points, so adding more of those (maybe even have a leaderboard) would add a taste of competitiveness that people like.

-More "Megathreads": "Show yourself" or "Random screenshot thread" are threads that most people like to post on or at least see what's in them. I'd love to have more of those. Some examples would be "Share your singleplayer worlds", "Show your art" (it does exist, but not many people post in it/know about it).

-The 120x120 residences: In my opinion, they should be more looks than minigames. Aikar mentioned the minigames world a while ago, so I'd rather have parkour/races/spleef on this world than around EMC. Now that we have the build team, creating nice looking big residences is a lot easier. Maybe have contests or polls to decide the theme on each residence.

-Make new and old players closer to each other: I mentioned "adopt a newbie" on mumble, and you guys said it's coming eventually. That would be a great way to help the new players with any question they might have and for people to make new friends.
    607, Olaf_C, kevdudeman and 6 others like this.
  8. I love these
    But maybe not trophy points? Not sure what else, but I feel like trophy points.....aren't suitable for that?

I love the Adopt a Newbie idea, really
  9. I like the forum mod idea. Although the current staff team do an good job at moderating the forums, having a few separate forum mods would be a good idea. The forum mods can 'fill in the gaps' of when staff aren't always on the forum (e.g. in different timezones) and just generally take the work of the other in game staff. This would be a good role for people who don't play in game as often but use the forums a lot and have had a lot of experience on the forums. :)
  10. I'd agree for this, but only for very limited powers, like moving posts, etc. Editing should only be left to Staff really.
  11. Krysyy. You Could Have Players Submit You A Set amount of Qualification Pictures (or you could get them). Then Post them on a thread, the poll would each outpost and you could vote for the one you liked.

Also... As for what I want to see for events. I want events that work with large amounts of players and you dont have to wait forever and a day (emc games).

Maybe a Larger Grab Fest. Same amount of promo's and rare's. But throw in more common blocks and items. This way everyone gets something... Also, It could be done monthly. And you could leave a donation area open all month for players to donate.
  12. I partially agree, editing posts can be a very tricky subject. However, if you were to only give them limited powers, then you've already limited them to do very little things and therefore limiting their effectiveness and usefulness. I know this is just an idea, but if this were to become a feature then I am sure they would be given some kind of 'training' on how to deal with situations, then I think they would become very useful in moderating the forums and they would be able to deal with situations (which are pretty rare) to edit or delete posts. :)
    607, Ark_Warrior1 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  13. What I want to see on the empire:

I want to see some sort of alternate PVP world. There should be at least one world where there is pvp (like PVP wild).

What I want to see on the forums:

Like button on comments.

What contests do you want to see hosted:

Contests like my GSA Award and AlexChance's CRAFTA Awards

What should be built on the 124x124 (they are not 120x120)

Something that can be player operated. PVP arenas are great because staff do not have to host an event for them to be used. Have reses that have some sort of function (like pvp) that do not need staff hosted events (like mobarena of koth).
  14. -What do you want to see on the Empire?
    I want to see the ability to claim land in the wild, and set perms for build, use, move, and make shops. I also want to be able to have a location in the base that you can teleport to by using a command. I also want to be able to choose the 4 corners of the size and location I want to be able to use.
    -What do you want to see on the Forums?
    I want to see more updates and more progress on upcoming updates, related to EMC and just Plain MC, and stuff that is about to be patched and and stuff that still works.
    -What contests do you want to see hosted?
    I don't really go to many contest because i lag way too much and sometimes crash. I like to see the Drop Party events, but ones that are more even.
    -What buildings do you want on 120 x 120 residences?
    On the 120x120 residences i want to see some stuff such as, when it is say Christmas, the res's are decorated to fit it, and there is Deals on Special EMC items, only for a limited Time. This would be for any big Holiday.
    -What else did I not mention?
    I want to see some improvements to shop signs with Enchanted Tools, and EMC items Added. I also want to be able to make a shop to where you can make a sign that makes it so only one item can be sold to each person, the same type of way the /promo is setup.

Anyone else think any of these ideas are a good idea?
  15. I don't like the land claiming in the wild, it seems like factions too much...

The 120x120 themed residences sounds nice though, would take a lot of work and people though *looks at the Build Team*
    Ark_Warrior1 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  16. -What do you want to see on the Empire? I would like to see some more "French Vanilla" themed stuff. Minibosses are fun to loot but ain't for regular minecraft. Also I would like more ways to earn rupees like a achievement system where you get rupees to do challenges.
    -What do you want to see on the Forums? Some changes to the names of the categories. For example is it really necessaryto put Public Member Events? You should put Non-Official Empire Events instead
    -What contests do you want to see hosted? Daily Trivia Questions for a Prize :D

-What buildings do you want on 120 x 120 residences? I would like to see the build team to do some more impressive build and show it there.
    -What else did I not mention? Not that I can think of...
  17. Responding to one of the request - We honestly do not have enough problems happening on the forums to warrant forum moderators.

We've never really had an issue with too much moderation needed on forums for moderator team to keep up.

Heck, mods use to not even be mods on the forums! I don't think we have a problem there needing to be solved by adding players as a moderator.

Plus, it would confuse some of our stuff that displays Staff material to moderators :p
  18. As with all things on EMC, if you do not like a feature, you do not need to use it. I have heard that in the difficulty update aikar is working on Custom Mobs will be optional to attack you
  19. I agree. I think this is taking the "French Vanilla" out of the game.
  20. As for contest ideas I enjoyed Contests with Holidays themes or any themes actually would be great to see! I haven't seen much of those for quite a while. New events for player to participate, I don't really know what events but I'm sure people have ton of ideas! Drop party are good but how about something new? and fun than jumping :p. Maybe you guys can plan something (because I don't know). I really would like to see auctions on a different box (that's more of another issue) but just coming to the forums and see sometimes only auctions is kinda :/.
    Maybe in the 120*120 reses you guys can make minigames like the capture the creature one for example.