The Struggle is Real

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Unoski, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Ugh, I had written a post in reply to this, but then I accidentally closed the tab, and of course EMC doesn't have drafting... <.< Oh well. The struggle is real. :rolleyes:

In any case, if anyone in the future doesn't get what haastregt meant, here is a screenshot of how it used to look.
    UltiPig and MoreMoople like this.
  2. When you find something after some searching, only to lose it again seconds or minutes after... in my case a Micro SD-card, and I still haven't refound it. :$
    Edit: Yay, now I did. :D
    TomvanWijnen and Unoski like this.
  3. Micro SD card are pretty much the tiniest things on earth, I still wonder how I haven't lost my many micro SD cards yet. :p
    607 likes this.
  4. Yeah, I was honestly surprised when I found both that I was looking for! Then when testing the first, I lost the second, which prompted my post. They both work without issues and I now don't need to buy any new ones whereas I thought I needed to buy two. :) They're both only 8 GB but that's enough for the purposes I need them for.

5. My USB 3.0 flash drive has a write speed of around 20-30 MB/s, and a read speed of just 40 MB/s. I've been using this for 5 years, and I have no idea why I haven't gotten a better one sooner...

Recently I found a flash drive that utilizes USB 3.1 speeds, and actually saturates the bandwidth. I will be getting that one soon! :D
    UltiPig and 607 like this.
  6. I keep applying to the build team and they always say the same thing

"You need to use more block variation in your builds"

I have no clue what they mean.
    h7a, ConductorConduit, Burki and 8 others like this.
  7. Btw y'all, I was paid to put those lanterns in. :D
  8. Voting

607 and wafflecoffee like this.
  9. Sheeps be sus
    Joy_the_Miner likes this.
  10. Actually, it's not just voting with negative times, it's also the last seen time:

:confused:

EDIT: lol ingame it says 31 days... interesting... :p I think it probably has something to do with us being on winter time again, and the US still being on summer time, but I'm not sure.
    EDIT2: oops, I thought that the US switched back two weeks after us, but apparently it's already after one week. :p Then, no clue. :D
    607 likes this.
  11. Nope! We switched 4 days ago :confused:
    Joy_the_Miner likes this.
  12. The struggle... I half heartedly tried to open a 12 pack of canned Arizona Tea and i failed at it so i just left the pack outside in the cold to suffer for its insolence.
  13. I dislike that site since it removed the CAPTCHA. Half of the time it tells me it's timed out or something. It's also the only site that does not autocomplete usernames.
  14. Maybe it's just me, but that site also doesn't allow you to press enter to submit the form. You have to actually click on the button to submit it. Otherwise, it looks like the vote goes through, but it doesn't.
    607, Joy_the_Miner and wafflecoffee like this.
  15. Definitely not just you...
    Joy_the_Miner and UltiPig like this.

16. It did it again... :p

Yeah, it's inconvenient that it doesn't work sometimes, but you just have to refresh the page. Generally that happens after it's been "too long". TopG does the same, but doesn't even give you an error, which this site does give you an error. If I know I waited some time between opening the pages and voting, I'll automatically refresh it and TopG. I mostly dislike that 4th site for letting you vote every day, instead of every 16 hours or so. If I vote after midnight, I can't vote the next evening, because it says that I had already voted. Very annoying. I have 8 accounts to vote for and 9 sites to vote on, so I vote on the 9th site with the same account as this one (4th), so it's easy to just leave it out when I voted after midnight.

The 5th and 6th site do something similar, but only when you vote after 1 AM or so. Still frustrating, but not as often, fortunately.

The site I hate most is the 6th site, with its stupid Hcaptcha that you always have to fill out. I also dislike the 2nd site for not working with my touchscreen laptop, and not working on mobile (especially because it COULD work with mobile, as one time I've had it somehow work...).

I just have my username filled in automatically, and then generally click the vote button with my finger, or sometimes with my mouse - I didn't even know that most sites allowed enter to vote. :p
    607 likes this.
  17. hCaptcha has grown on me to the point that I actually MUCH prefer it to reCaptcha, and I've even written to multiple voting sites to switch to it. No matter what it always takes me 3+ minutes to complete each reCaptcha recently, meaning I've considered stopping voting entirely (considered, not actually followed through :p). hCaptcha, despite its out of focus pictures, takes me under 15 seconds...
    Plus, an accessibility token can be set daily, meaning you don't actually have to end up completing a puzzle, and it takes me 5 seconds in those cases.
  18. Eww please no!! If other sites would switch to hcaptcha, I think I would stop voting. Hcaptcha takes me 15 seconds, recaptcha takes me less than 1 second. Just click the box, and it's automatically checked. If it asks you to do a thing (happens to me fewer than one time per day), just refresh the page.
    607 and UltiPig like this.
  19. Refreshing the page has never worked for me. No matter what I do I get the "whack-a-mole" panels that take 6.4 seconds (I timed it) to appear back, each. And on top of that, I get 6 of them each. That just isn't feasible for me, it always thinks I'm a robot because I apparently can't distinguish a truck from a bus... :|