The Struggle is Real

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Unoski, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Just when I thought I was safe in town.

2. 10 minutes before launch. It'll be fixed, but the struggle IS real.
    NuclearBobomb, 607, triphora and 6 others like this.
  3. Mood

Just kidding, I'm actually enjoying working on my thesis most of the time, and this isn't going to be a hard problem to fix. I just thought it was funny. :p

Edit: Well, maybe not as easy as I thought... this doesn't look quite right either.

The problem, for those curious, is that the emoji in question was considered in my research but has not been implemented on all platforms yet. Thus, I have to show it as an image instead of using a proper way of displaying emoji.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  4. Maybe adding a bit of extra blank space in the image, so it sits higher, would help. :) (Smiley, happy face :p)
    607 likes this.
  5. I tried that, but it wasn't enough. :p I think I'd need to figure out by trial and error how much it needs to be. :$
    The table was adapted from Wikipedia, and I actually edited the description you point out. It said 'Smiley or happy face.' before, which I thought was a weird formatting deviation from the other descriptions.
    Me being able to just change something on the site itself before adapting it is one of the reasons why I would really rather not have used Wikipedia. :rolleyes:
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  6. I can't remove my work-related university account from Outlook... I've even deinstalled Office and reinstalled it, and it is still in there. It is also really hard to use the app like this, as every time I open it it asks for my credentials for it (which I don't have anymore), and gives four requests for permission that I need to click 'close' on (there is a "don't ask again" checkmark but that doesn't seem to do anything).
    I'm a wizkid, so I'm sure I'll figure something out... but what do people who aren't so good with computers? Get a new laptop? :rolleyes: I guess they'll need to ask for help... quite ridiculous, to be honest. :p But Office is ridiculous anyway: such a varied suite of items, and you can't install any one of them individually through any normal way...
  7. I ended up using \raisebox{-1pt}.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  8. Is there an IT point at school? Just ask them, maybe they can help. :) Yes, it may seem weird to be the one asking the questions, but they're there to help, and they'll probably notice it's hard to do themselves too. :p

And yes, the Office suite has many inconveniences... I had once unintentionally installed a 32 bit version, and then later had to insfall another Office program, but it didn't let me do it in 64 bit because there were 32 bit programs as well... Sigh. :p
    607 likes this.
  9. There's an engineer somewhere at MS having a chuckle right now
    Tuqueque and 607 like this.
  10. When I was uninstalling it, I had to uninstall it twice, because apparently I had a Dutch and an English version installed. :confused:
    UltiPig likes this.
  11. I had a digital test scheduled for today. There was a lecture an hour before it, which I attended. There were also quite some people who came to uni for the test, though.
    Then the teacher put up the wrong test, with 5 questions about a different subject. I was trying my hardest to remember what the notion referred to in the first question was about when the teacher said they weren't the right questions. :p So then, with some effort, he put the right test up. Except it was only 1 question, instead of 10 as we were supposed to get. I answered the question and got it right, though. :D So then after some more fiddling around (almost 10 minutes had passed by now) he put up all 10 questions. But anyone who had already started or completed the one-question test, still only got the one question. For me it showed a score of 1/10 now. :cool: So the teacher fiddled around some more... and then announced he would cancel the test, and anyone that had got in successfully could quit. :rolleyes:

PS: Before I started studying AI, I had supposed that in this field perhaps people would be more capable using IT services. I very quickly found out that that is not the case.