The First Loser |S4:G2|

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Rhyblet, Apr 29, 2020.

?

How many rounds of The First Loser have you participated in?

None 6 vote(s) 27.3%
One 6 vote(s) 27.3%
Two 1 vote(s) 4.5%
Three 1 vote(s) 4.5%
More than three 8 vote(s) 36.4%
  1. Alternatively, counter-shenanigans
  2. Oh wow, I actually won. Thank you for the votes :D I'm actually surprised of well it worked out for me.

As I was fairly new to the server and forums at the time this game started, and since this is my first time playing, I really expected to go out the first round. I didn't really care anything about tacticts before, I think, round 5. At that round I had a feeling that Unoski would target me the following round, solely based on the "death to column 1" comment, so together with Uzack I tried to vote him out. Round 6 I told row two about my concern, in which Tom actually confirmed an alliance being formed. From that point I kind of just focused my tactic to eliminate Unoski and who I thought was loyal to the alliance, because I found the tactic being dirty and dishonest. So I conversated with a few of the other players not in the initial "final 7"-alliance, trying to focus at getting us as far as possible, in which I gave my honest thoughts and opinions. And like 607, I also cooperated with one person to become the last two, which was... Uzack. (I did something with the text here, but don't know what :p)

During the game there were some losses, but at least three of us got into the top :cool: I had fun, ngl, but was a little stressing because I've been busy with exams.

As a suggestion for future games, would a "battleship"-factor be a really stupid idea? In the start everyone is hidden (you don't know who is you even). The winner, first loser and ties should be revealed. This rids the early forming of alliances, makes it more interesting (and fair in my opinion), but alliances could still be formed later on. Everything else goes as normal.

Congratulations to Uzack with 2nd and Ender with 3rd. And huge thanks to you, Rhy, for hosting.
  3. You know, I actually really like this idea. I'm always looking for potential variations, so I'll have to think about this to figure out the logistics behind it. Some sort of info-obscuring round would definitely be possible though. :)
    wafflecoffee and TomvanWijnen like this.
  4. I was wondering why you had written that entire paragraph in bold. :p

I actually prefer the opposite, i.e. the grid being finalised and published a couple of days before the first round of voting opens. :p
    Temperhyture likes this.
  5. lol what a dirty move >:)

It's been a while since I played one of these, but I should have known earlier that the alliance was another superficial alliance to rely false information to confuse everyone in Row 2. I'm keeping my eye on you in future rounds ;)

That seems like an interesting twist - I wonder how alliances would actually form that way - more deception or actual common ground...
    Congrats on 1st, I remember you were like idc about this game anymore, but you pulled through in the end.
  6. There's a big difference between trying to get to the final rounds with another person and collaborating with people here and there for mutual benefits. ;)
    Temperhyture and EnderMagic1 like this.
  7. On mobile right now so I can't say my full story right now. I wanted 607 and I to be final 2. I thought of double crossing him and booting him when it came to final 2 to secure my win. But I dismissed that idea. A bigger part of me was more than happy to be 2nd to 607. That and the giant mess that happened with Todd. I knew I wouldnt have the votes against anybody to win this. I'll post more in a couple hours.
    Temperhyture and 607 like this.
  8. Todd?
  9. I get Todd and Tom confused all too often
    Temperhyture likes this.
  10. Alright, so it started with me. I private messaged 607 for final 2. I wanted him to make it far this time around. It didn't happen lol. Here was my goal, an excerpt from our private messages
    The plan would have gone swimmingly, and then Tom happened. When I wanted the vote to be 4-3 favoring Jay2a v Ozcar, Tom leaked my plan to Row 2. He intended to get as many votes for Ozcar as possible which would eliminate Jay2a. There was a bunch of confusion and some bad calls on my part which lead to Jay2a leaving.

After some deliberation, it was clear Tom was my target. I had to exact revenge after he foiled my plan. After some time surviving, I created a strategy with CarFryer, SkeleTin007, KandK22, and 607. I told them that if Tom stays in the game, they are sure to lose. My goal was to make EnderMagic1 and Ozcar think they are ruining my plans to get Tom out when they were really just securing his demise. I had 607 leak a fake conversation to them to make sure they voted for Tom. I then had the rest of the votes go towards somebody else so that Tom became the first loser.

After Tom got out, he made it clear that he was not for the way I was playing. That was a killing blow to my game. Nobody trusted me after that and eventually I was eliminated.

Looking back now, are there some areas I wish I did different things? Yes. If I could do it over again, would I still lie, deceive, and manipulate? No doubt.

Let's be fair though. You can't not expect retaliation when you leak plans to other people. You can't expect everybody to play an honest game. This game is about knowing where the votes lie and even manipulating them when they threaten you. All I did was cut the middle-man.

Having said all that, this is the first and last game I will play of The First Loser. I had fun for the most part and I look forward to everybody enjoying games in the future. It should be noted that I am actually not the creator of this game. All I did was bring it to EMC with a nice polish. I'm sure given some searching, somebody can find the original forums. I have had some trouble myself.

Another fun fact: The first game was cancelled because I had no idea what I was doing.
  11. Fun fact: I somehow managed to scroll over the contents of that PM, and only saw them after I was eliminated... :p

Either way, I never believed that anyways. :p

That was a simple case of good planning. ;) My choice of getting rid of you was really simple: getting revenge and helping ingame friends. :)

You played really well, so it's fully deserved! :)

That sounds very interesting! :D

That's interesting, as I'm almost a complete opposite of Todd. :p

That is very interesting, actually! If it wasn't for him joining you, I would've tried for him to accompany me and my "friends" and he might have gotten further that way, as now, instead of keeping him in, it was in the plan to actively try to get rid of him. :p

Revenge achieved. :)

Completely fair. :) Looking back at it now, I think I was mostly angry about the way you talked about me and some others on this thread, which made me feel quite bad. A bit of complaining back and trying to get revenge is then only fair. :p

Cut? Many times you created them, actually!

---

I already thanked Qwerty for hosting the game, but I'll do so again: thanks a ton for hosting the game! :)

And of course congratulations to Ozcar for winning and Uzack for coming second, you both played really well. :)
  12. My favorite part of this whole thing was that two of the three people you wanted to get out from the start made it to the top 3. ;)

Also, in case you ever change your mind about not playing again, we (well, I) would love to have you back. :)
  13. To be fair, I would have known even if Tom said nothing. And I would most likely contact all those not in the "final 7" to cooperate the way we did with Tom "leaking" the info. I was already teamed up with Uzack, so it was just because 607 could see that Tom shared the info leading to, in my opinion, undeserved negative comments about him. Forming a huge alliance (7/11 people) without contacting each and everyone asking if they wanted in individually first, and expecting everyone to follow, I would consider a little bit naive. To make it clear, I'm not giving an opinion about Unoski here, but more that part of the tactic.

I think Tom had all the right to share the info as he did as, I'm just guessing here, he never agreed to the plan beforehand? Oh, and a little funfact: the round Jay was eliminated, we almost eliminated me. I can't remember who was in on the plan, but I remember me, Uzack and Tom changing votes from me to Tom last minute.

I think this has been exciting to host for Rhy :p
    607, Temperhyture and TomvanWijnen like this.
  14. Correct, I hadn't said a word in that PM until afterwards. A plan was setup by Unoski, but the people he intended on us voting for became safe instead. It then took quite long until an alternative plan came. That plan turned out to be to eliminate you, which I didn't like, so I went against that. :p I shared the information with our row, as I wanted to protect us instead, because it seemed like a better bond.

Yes, that was quite an interesting change. :D Thanks to Unoski's change, we got me safe instead of whoever else it would've been. :p
    607 and Ozcar_97 like this.
  15. I gotta say, it was quite something to get 3 pms right before I published the round's results shifting the votes from 7/2 in Jay's favor to 5/4 in Tom's favor. That's why I made the comment about that being a fun round to watch. :p
    607, Ozcar_97 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  16. That got me thinking Row 2 basically turned the tide on the entire game

If people didn't know already, row 2 had a strong alliance for about the first 5 rounds (although I wonder if 607 was calling fake shots at the time since you were with Unoski already)

Oscar and I were targeted by Unoski's alliance for the latter portion of the game yet we placed in top 3. reverse card

Tom was voted out but then broke Unoski's alliance and outvoted 607. reverse card

607 well I don't know what you did but the double crossing of info made me vote randomly during one round and that actually helped?

So hooray for teamwork I guess? :p
    If you guys want some of the rupees, I would gladly share some - don't really have a purpose for them in-game too much
  17. I love all the aftertalk, I don't recall anything like this in previous games. :D (except congratulating the winners)
    Same to you. I can say I was quite salty, or even bitter, after getting out, and for a while did not talk about the game at all (I did send one message to Sky after I saw the news, I think). The first post I made again, private or public, was this one, four days later:
    Anyway, the reason I was salty is that Tom was already out, and then played an active role in getting me out. I did not understand this. However, I realised later that it is actually common to be involved with the game after going TFL: in one of the first games, if not the first (completed) game of TFL, I actually tried bribing people to vote for Dufne over Rhy for the winner (which did not work, as Rhy had more money at his disposal :rolleyes:) So why shouldn't Tom be free to try to get me out if he wanted?
    Still not happy with my loss, though. :p But it's the nature of the game. I'd probably try again later, but I need a break from this game first. ;) Maybe someone can host a third game a couple of weeks or a month from now?
    Temperhyture, TomvanWijnen and Unoski like this.
  18. It's certainly very interesting! :D

I actually didn't actively try to get you out - I actually suggested a different plan to a friend, but they then came up with one to try to get you out, which worked quite well. A draw occurred, in which I could choose between you and Ender. Ender has been a friend in this game (fun fact: I've not been in a PM with him, apart from the second row PM that you made), and you had been an enemy for a while, add me wanting to get revenge, and the choice was easy. :)
    Temperhyture, Ozcar_97 and 607 like this.