The First Loser |S4:G2|

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Rhyblet, Apr 29, 2020.

?

How many rounds of The First Loser have you participated in?

None 6 vote(s) 27.3%
One 6 vote(s) 27.3%
Two 1 vote(s) 4.5%
Three 1 vote(s) 4.5%
More than three 8 vote(s) 36.4%
  1. We have another tie. Sending a pm to the most recent loser.
  2. I prefer, "Almost Winner"
    Temperhyture likes this.

3. Winner: Uzack (3 votes)
    First Loser: KandK22 (0 votes)
    Second Loser: EnderMagic1 (0 votes)

Congrats to everyone who's still in; you're all officially in the top 3. :)
    TomvanWijnen, Ozcar_97 and Uzack like this.
  4. I wonder if that's the first time the first loser got 0 votes. Probably not, but I don't recall another time. :p There've been so many games, though...
    Temperhyture likes this.
  5. Well, now I know what you're doing today :p
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.

6. Winner: Ozcar_97 (2 votes)
    First Loser (3rd Place): EnderMagic1 (1 vote)

Because this is the final round, all of the previous losers get to vote for the winner. A pm with the final form will be sent out shortly. Good luck to Uzack and Ozcar_97! :)
    607, Unoski, Ozcar_97 and 4 others like this.
  7. I was gonna vote EnderMagic1 to win. Now this is interesting.
    Temperhyture likes this.
  8. Rip I voted myself out oops I guess it didn't really matter tho.. gg
    TomvanWijnen, Ozcar_97, 607 and 2 others like this.
  9. 3rd isn't bad tho. Congratulations, and well played :)
  10. Congrats to you as well. Its clear who the winner of this game will be :+1:

Also wdym by "well played" :p - half the time I was reconsidering my life choices and then feeling confident and then messing up the next round after that which placed me in 3rd? *confusion*
    607, Ozcar_97 and Temperhyture like this.
  11. Well, you still got 3rd, which is better than 13 of the 16 players in this game this round, so I'd say you did pretty good. :p
    607, Temperhyture and Ozcar_97 like this.
  12. I'm rooting for Ozcar, although I would not mind Uzack winning either. :)
    Ozcar_97, Uzack and Temperhyture like this.

13. First Place: Ozcar_97 (9 votes)
    Second Place: Uzack (2 votes)
    Third Place: EnderMagic1

Note: wafflecoffee donated 3 stacks of iron blocks to the prize pool, so those will be arriving in the mail to the top 3 in addition to the money. Thanks waffle! :)

Thanks for participating in this round of The First Loser! Stay tuned for more rounds in the future, either hosted by myself or someone else. Hope you all had fun! :D
    AmusedStew, Uzack, Ozcar_97 and 5 others like this.
  14. Congratulations and good game everyone! :D

I will try to participate in the next round :)
    607 and Temperhyture like this.
  15. Will also be mailing several stacks of emerald blocks to the winners tomorrow~
    Uzack, Ozcar_97, 607 and 2 others like this.
  16. gg all - anyone want to share their 4D chess plans from earlier rounds now? :p
  17. I second this, I would love to hear all the madness that went down this game
    TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  18. Alright, so, for those who somehow weren't aware of it, Sky and I, on Sky's request, were trying to get the both of us to become the last 2. :p
    It was very interesting to collaborate with another person in the game. :)
    As I was in on Sky's strategies I know that he deceived people more than I would have done, including lying. But I don't mind. "You may play dirty or clean", right? Probably written by Sky himself years ago, but until now nobody knew what playing dirty was actually like. ;) There was one thing I helped Sky with that I did not feel comfortable about, which was sharing a screenshot of a fake pm (the pm was real, but it was made to be 'leaked' and mislead the people it was 'leaked' to). Still, in my opinion this is a totally viable game tactic.
    To me, the thing that's important is that these tactics stay within the game. And by the game (oops, I just lost another game) I mean this thread and any pms started for this game (I have almost a dozen :p). In these places, anything goes. Inside Minecraft, on other forum threads and in pm's that were not clearly intended for TFL purposes, your behaviour should not be affected by The First Loser, in my opinion. And I haven't seen that being the case. :) Of course, Sky wasn't active much besides TFL, but I was. :p Even during the game, when both Tom and I were still in, we exchanged some messages about the game in our regular pm, but in here no misleading or lies occurred (of course, until we were both out, we didn't share everything either :p).
    I even got a pm from Ozcar while we were both still in the game, that was about the game. However, it seemed to be completely upright, so I decided I would be honest, this time. I think it would not have been okay to deceive him there and then, because of the intent by his conversation. What I could've done if I wasn't willing to share information was say something like "I will not discuss my reasons behind choices until the game is over". Instead, I bet on being able to trust Ozcar and we had a bit of a private meta-discussion of the game mechanics. :)

My conclusion: In the TFL thread and conversations clearly made for game purposes, anything goes. Outside them, you should not do any deception, although you can politely decline any conversation about the game until it is over. As far as I'm aware, while Sky played very rough in conversations for the game, this did not extend to other interactions between him and other players. So I think there's no problem. :)

... except maybe that if people keep playing like this, nobody will trust another in the game anymore. :p I think I will play a bit easier next game. I mean, I didn't even win now anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  19. My takeaway from this is don't trust Sky again :p
    I was planning to try to mind my own business most of the game until his shenanigans got me eliminated

I'll just come back stronger next time I guess :p
  20. Good game and congratulations to Ozcar, a worthy winner. :D
    Also, thanks for hosting Rhy. :)
    wafflecoffee, 607, Ozcar_97 and 2 others like this.