That moment when....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by WayneKramer, Jul 11, 2015.

1. That moment when...
    Minecraft seems to know its circular reasoning:

For the people that don't read books about filisophy on a regular bases: Decarte, the one who said that ("I think, so I am") Was trying to find a way to proof that what we see actually is real. the first thing he managed to "proof" was that he was real he wrote something like "There is doubt. there is something doubting. there is something thinking. I think so I am." He thought he hhad proven he was there... but the "I" part gets misteriously added before the conclusion. (wich is way less obious in latin btw) so it is a circular reasoning. I still wonder why it is such famous, my filisophy teacher doesn't know either...
    TomvanWijnen, 607 and PhoenixAffinity like this.
  2. It's a quote easy to understand, and it seems really wise at first glance. Also, it is easy to turn it into something else, which lends for variations and parodies. Enough reason for it to be one of the most well-known Latin quotes. :)
    Jelle68 likes this.
  3. Also, it is just a part of the global reasoning of Descartes, who was trying in fine to prove the existence of God, using logical reasoning (and quite forcing it, to my opinion) against the sceptics. He took their arguments and systematically applied -biased to my opinion- logic to prove them false, from an assumed initial position of total doubt.
    So we can understand why using logic against logical people to prove the existence of God, and doing it -apparently- successfully was really pleasing to the believers still in power at the time.
    607 and Jelle68 like this.
  4. Ah, I didn't know he was one of the people doing that! Thanks for reminding me. :)
    TheBidule likes this.
  5. moment when u get the feeling that ur being followed ^.^

6. That moment when you realize you're back on SMP8:

I got this helmet last year and I have no idea why I did that but... I'm wearing an iron helmet which I cannot take off on SMP8 :D

Can it get worse? Of course! Because why stop the curse with only one item :D
    607 and NuclearBobomb like this.
  7. I had my 136 in the nether with me, taking a horse highway. it must have been greifed or compromised, cuz all the sudden we were falling to lava below. I splashed my fire res potion, and somehow that helped my horse, too. I let myself fall into the lava abyss with my horse, stabled him and swam to safety.
    Good ole Cody.
    BreezyMan, Jelle68 and 607 like this.
  8. That took an unexpected turn! :)
    BreezyMan likes this.
  9. Right? I'd like to say it was my quick thinking.
    607 likes this.
  10. Ugh, thanks for quoting me, I have no idea how I failed to type the letter 't', and didn't notice. :p
    Slip55 likes this.
  11. What APC said:

:D

When I saw that I knew I had to share :)
  12. When a creeper explodes on you, and now you can't find your nearly-broken diamond pickaxe with mending.
    When you're first learning how-to-elytra, and discover kinetic force.
    When you can't find your equipment because it's in your offhand slot.
    When the moments get too real and hit too close to home.
    When Momentus has your cool trophy sword now, and won't give it back.
    When you die minutes within joining Empire to a Blizz Ard.
    derp_duckie, 607, Jelle68 and 4 others like this.
  13. When you jump off that end island with your elytra and realize you forgot to get the rockets out of your enderchest. It gets you a little panicky.
  14. that moment when

"lemme through, lemme through, i need 2 blow her up!"

lol, that creeper was jumping up and down and moving around 2 get past the endermen but it couldnt ^.^
    NuclearBobomb, _Devuu__ and Jelle68 like this.
  15. Camouflaged creepers? What's that good for? :p
  16. Death, pain, and suffering. :p
    Jelle68, 607 and _Devuu__ like this.
  17. That moment when...

A (not so much) abandoned mineshaft meets ravine:

The abandoned mineshaft is my all-time favorite generated structure to explore because there's no telling what you will find. You can be fairly sure that you'll come across plenty of rails, wood, optional loot chests in a minecart and finally a "dirt square" somewhere in the center. But anything beyond that...

I've seen these twist and turn into cave systems, "merge" with a stronghold and in the example above cross with a ravine (and a rather extensive cave system).

What makes this cave so special (in my opinion) is that you can access it from the surface and then travel all the way down to at least y 20 without any required digging.

If you're interested:

I did some mining on my own (obviously) but there's still plenty of loot left. Note: this is not an extreme hills so don't expect any emeralds, but it's still a really fun place to explore. I suspect that there's still a spider and zombie spawner somewhere which I haven't found yet.
    BreezyMan and 607 like this.
  18. That moment when you believe SMP1 doesn't take kindly to Dark Angels looking to take clay outta the swamp! :eek:

Then you decide to add up the tokens you got...

SMP5 is nicer to this angel :rolleyes:
    We3_MPO and MoreMoople like this.
  19. If you look at both our screenshots then I fear something is up. Are the custom mobs revolting against us (obviously innocent) players?

I smell a mob conspiracy! :D

(maybe I should try and turn that into a story angle, been a while since I've done that)
    We3_MPO, 607 and Raaynn like this.
  20. As I had surmised, it is only a matter of time until the magical barriers fail, and mighty Resik the dragon breaks through again to our dimension with her horde of evil minions...