Share your...Desks!?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by synth_apparition, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Ooooh! I love the drumpad you have there~

I assume that you are a musician?? :D
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. That sounds like his problem, yeah? Until then, let's pretend he doesn't have one. ;)
  3. I have a lots of bleeps and beeps and such, but that's probably not very interesting ;)

Somewhere last year a friend and me did start a hobby project in "enhancing" the Bolero of Ravell (one of my favorite orchestral performances) because we believe that it could go a bit louder & bigger than the original. Unfortunately that project has been put on hold due to some nasty personal issues on my end last year and now this whole corona crisis.

But who knows :)

Nah, I consider myself mostly a sound designer and/or sound engineer. I can play the keyboard, and the other controllers, without much issue and even get some good soundscapes and general stuff out of it but... when it comes to composing and stuff then I still have a lot to learn.

I mostly enjoy sound creation and programming my own instruments & effects to do all sorts of crazy stuff.

Synths & digital audio have become a passion of mine over the years :)
    607, Joy_the_Miner and UltiPig like this.
  4. My deepest apologies for not holding the camera steady enough, I tried to make it look nicer but I didn't do a good job. Here it is:
    Just a heads up all the previous images I shared are gone.
  5. Ooooh, the red light looks nice~

I should ask, is it a red LED array behind the monitor or do you have a red light lamp lighting up the entire room?

6. I don't play EMC anymore but here's my desk anyway, featuring a messy pile of Economics revision and gamemasters desk.
  7. Reminds me of what my bedroom and "desk" looked like in 2016 haha:

Back in 2016, I was super stressed, so my bedroom reflected it.
    MoreMoople and Lukas3226 like this.
  8. Ooh, that does sound like a nice project! Consider sharing it in The Jukebox if you continue (or finish, maybe) it. ;)

Should've waited a minute. :p
    How come the images are gone, by the way?

I did tidy up my desk, yesterday!

9. Here's my current setup! That's only a temporary place for my longboards... and one of them is electric! I passed 1,000 miles on the odometer recently (I have an electric car as well). I have 144hz monitors. Everything is super smooth on them!

Also, I'm getting rid of those curtains... I'll post again soon!

10. Want to share your Switch friend code? :D
    UltiPig likes this.
  11. It's about 4 different RGB bulbs Lighting the room. One of them being a flood light that's RGB.
    Joy_the_Miner likes this.
  12. Awesome setup, I like the Switch (nice color) and those longboards looking good. The entire setup looking cool and cozy at the same time! :)

Truly deserves that title. God tier.
    UltiPig likes this.
  13. Older setup with picture of updated setup

Oh the nostalgia...
    Joy_the_Miner and MoreMoople like this.
  14. Which do you prefer?
  15. Newest one (04-20), because it has a xbox one and a PS4 along with my beast PC. I used to have 3 screens but had to downgrade because there wasn't enough space.
    607 likes this.
  16. Wow, this thread is a blast from the past. Hell, this forum as a whole is a blast from the past for me.
    I posted on this bad boy aged 8, an age where frankly I shouldn't have been on the internet at all. But I digress.
    Here's what the desk is looking like at the moment. It's a bit makeshift to say the least (just a few pieces of plywood bolted to 2 sawhorses), but it'll have to do until I can get something better. It's currently the home of my computer parts which will be put together once my case arrives, as well as my Logitech G29 racing wheel (which I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a good wheel).
    (Apologies for poor photo quality, as of late my phone has decided to do this thing where it has a seizure every time I open the camera app, resulting in bad quality images)

17. While waiting for my hard drive to be wiped in the living room, I decided to contribute to this thread~

I had to color correct the image because the original image looked "too blue". Mainly due to the poor lighting from the window in my room. The power of RAW image formats!! >:3

All in seriousness, I think the only thing that will change from here and into the future is replacing the speakers. They are quite overkill for my setup that I have... (the subwoofer is on the ground below the table... ._.)
    607 and MoreMoople like this.
  18. I've been meaning to put a picture in here for literally years, but haven't done so yet as it's always been a mess on my desk.... but when I took a picture to capture my working space of today, I realised it wasn't that noticeable on the picture, so I might as well post it. :)

So, what lead to this: today I had to do something that I had never done before... video chat with multiple people while working on a project! Normally at home, I would just do things that require multiple monitors on my desktop. Today I also had to have the other group members be able to see and hear me, and I sometimes had to do stuff on my laptop as well! The solution: just put my laptop a bit to the left! It worked even better than I could have hoped! :D

And, to those who may wonder, did I really use all my monitors today? Yes, yes I did! :D

I really love my setup. :)
    Egeau, ArkonXT, liamwill and 5 others like this.
  19. I really enjoy the 4th monitor peeking out of the top, haha~

"Don't forget about me!" :D
    607, TomvanWijnen and wafflecoffee like this.
  20. :D

I still need to pickup the mount for that monitor I bought second hand months ago, whoops. :p For now, it's been sitting there with about 5 inches of the bottom being hidden by the other monitors... :rolleyes: it's still more monitor that what I used to have there, though. :p
    607 likes this.