Share your...Desks!?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by synth_apparition, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Over a month ago, I changed the layout of my desk (and my computer, but that's beside the purpose of this thread ;)), so I decided to share it with you guys~

Compared to my older setup, my desk is now rotated 90º from what it once was for many months. This helps a lot for me to shield the displays from the insane amount of glare that my window produces during the daylight hours. It was so hard to see what was on the monitors when it was up against the wall.

A better closeup of my desk here.

Here's a "desk" in my closet for my Linux data server. Not really a desk, it's just my keyboard stand with wooden planks on the top supporting a monitor and a few other things. I do not actively sit in front of this monitor and use it on a day-to-day basis, rather maybe once a month to check in on Linux and make sure that ZFS hasn't encountered any bit rot.

----------------------------------------------------

I'm much more happier with my desk setup now than I was with the old one that I've posted on this thread many times before. :D
    liamwill, Decay_ed, 607 and 4 others like this.
  2. Might as well share my desk/setup too...

The desk is the main piece. Most of the other peripherals there are generic. I got annoyed with exclusively sitting down, so I got this standing desk. It makes it impossible to play FPS games while it's raised, but it's nice to stand up, stretch and be able to browse online, or play lesser intense games. I also try to keep the theme of colors black/white, (except for the keyboard, I should customize that...) the PC tower is out of frame, but it is white too.

liamwill, 607, Joy_the_Miner and 2 others like this.
  3. Congrats on the standing desk!
  4. Wires… everywhere… :O
    Decay_ed and pewdiepiggy like this.
  5. the only way to game, c'mon!
    607 likes this.
  6. Same general setup, new house!

(I should probably take a better picture when it's not pitch black outside. :p)
  7. Here's my new setup! The desk is new -- I upgraded to a much wider one. And I got the third monitor almost two years ago.

Most of the cables are hidden under the desk and/or behind the monitors.

Next up on the list is to light up the inside of my computer... this is the first setup I've had where the window is visible...
    I may also get another desk to make it L-shaped to the left...

Tuqueque, 607, FadedMartian and 2 others like this.
  8. What does the mug say?
    Tuqueque likes this.
  9. It has some kind of generic phrase on it. I just use the mug as a mug.
    Tuqueque and FadedMartian like this.
  10. you’re a mug ☕️
    Tuqueque likes this.
  11. This is extraordinarily unhelpful :rolleyes:
    607, triphora, UltiPig and 2 others like this.
  12. I just got home. It says
    "fill my cup
    let my love overflow"
    607, Rhycicles and Tuqueque like this.
  13. Making a mug-themed Geocache? :p
  14. i saw some messy desks and some good 1s still at page 15 with looking but i used to have a desk messy 100% of it filled with random stuf soda cans and stuf note i reached thr all time lazy est person i can be basicly got a coutch than big pillow in my back half laying down siting pc on my leggs mouse to the side since its a cinda flat coutch wires up the pillows table to the side of me were i put food for the hole day so 1liter mug with size maters printes on it than i have a tv to the side so i can grind and wachts tv its all mend to be as lazzy as possible so i can do extra long gaming sesions

also have a hp pc with low power consumtion upstairs thar has mostly parts that can be pasife cooled so no fans no noise only 1 fan so not that muchts sound its 1 of those hp system pc's medium dont know the exsact type but u probely have them at school or work since u can swap parts real easy
    i migt want to step over to a phone a teblet since they dont use alot of power but i tink u need to install a cliënt side mod that alows you to join java servers but thats rilly complicated and those are mainly open source projeckts
    607 likes this.
  15. Was bored so I took apart my whole PC and desk since I added a new Samsung Odessy G9 49" Ultrawide Curved monitor thanks to Prime Day :D

Ignore that grey cable on the floor. That's just for my work desk to the left. It will be hidden :p

I need more wall things and better speakers but love how it turned out!
  16. It looks good! That monitor is the reason I got my wide desk, but it’s going to be a while before I actually buy one.
    607 and ThaKloned like this.
  17. i like your style but the qestion is is that a ikea table if so dit the hole buged go to the water pc
  18. Yes IKEA table top and I drilled 1 hole under monitor for keyboard cable and one behind the tower for the cables to come up.
  19. ikea is cheap but i most of the time hate it u normaly put pins in your wood and glou most tings so u have strong vonections that wont go any where

ikea hamer the pins in and hamer the side on it xd

i get the idea of some of the closets but tables i dont trust at school we hadsome standing to the side gor storage those leggs died rilly quik
  20. Girlfriend’s gamer station that I’ve been using more than my actual desk + PC for the last 6 months 💯💯

607 and MoreMoople like this.