Share your...Desks!?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by synth_apparition, Dec 19, 2014.

1. let's post my desk, as I was planning to do over two years now :p

And there it is, far from clean, but you can see about everything going around here :)

This is my two screens, one is a samsung HDTVmonitor T22D390 22" and the other is a Iiyama ProLite E22D2Hs 22", The keyboard is one I alrdey have forever, a HP PR1101U, it's not the best in the world, but I'm quite happy with the way it types, and it also is the keyboard I learned typing at, so I can type quite fast at it. My mouse is a Trust 17177, I bought it because it fits perfectly in my hand, and it was the cheapest one that did so.
    Finally, the thing you probably waited for: my computer, a Informatique INhome power. I have to admit, it's not a game computter or annything near that, but it's just a nice, cheap-isch, computter.
    (have you seen my brilliant mousepad by the way? I love it.)
  2. Wow, I'm now both, bumping an old thread, and double-posting...
    So I guess that's win-win?

annyways, I just 'got myself a new keyboard, and am really, really happy with it, so I thought I's share it with you guys :p

So this is what my desk now looks like. as you can see, it's till just as messy and still has the same things going around, only now there is this fancy red blacklighted keyboard...
    That thing is a Corsair K70 RED with cherry mx brown keyswitches, It's not as loud as most mechanical keyboards, wich I like, but still typs around the smae way most typing-based mechanical keyboards do ( like the ones using cherry mx blue) I also bought it becuase it's not over the top gaming based, I mean, I'm the only gamer in my circle of friends (Tom is an exeption) and when they come to me I don't want to have that over-the-top gaming stuff... I mean, I want everything here represent me in some way (I don't know why actually) and I think this does best, I wouldn't call myself a gamer...

Something that still does REALLY represent me though.... (If you know me, you'll be able to confirm...)
    I'm quite in love with "bad" humor, so I have had a mouse actually shaped as a mouse for over two years, but since I've got this computter, and I'm sitting as much behind it, I want everything to be conforteble, so, instead of having that mouse, I bought (I also said that in my previous post, but I feel lkike it deserves an extra shout-out) a BRILLIANT mouse-pad, it's not back-liten like gaming ones, it's not plain black/white like by most people, it hasn't got an advertisment on it like "cheap" people, nope, here it is:

Here it is, indeed, it's a mouse trap. Isn't it lovely? It's even better: The little parts of cheese you see on there, well, they're not stick to it, nope, they're floating in a bit of water (I guess) between the print and the actual top, wich makes them move around as you move your mouse around, isn't it georgious? I love it, It's from the '80's I think, I bought it in a Circuit shop about one and a half year ago. I found it between the old computters looking for some cables to wire up my screens better. When I came there with my cables I asked them how much that thing costed. They didn't know it was there, and they didn't know what to price it, but they did understand I was way better with computters as they were, so I did get it for free for checking if all systems were still working, so I actually did get that one working for charity. Did I tell you I love it?

annyways, now this thread is bumped again... I wonder what the people who are active nowdays have as a computter setup, post your way :)
  3. This reminds me to show off my new Corsair STRAFE, in love with the thing. Too lazy to get up and get my phone tho
    Jelle68 likes this.

4. My small but organized desk ^-^
  5. As promised, here's my STRAFE. MX Reds, nice typing feel (I'm told blue and brown are both better, didn't like them as much when I tried them) and responsive.

While we're at it here's the view of my sweet dank 4+1 power phase and my CLC's block

Aaand my recent DIY project that I can call my own once again; had twin laptops with different faults, made one functional one from the two. I also have a beefier laptop but it's home with someone from the robotics team to use at present moment.
  6. You like the packers too ? :eek: :D
    TuckerAmbr likes this.
  7. Sure do. Think it will be a good year too.
    ChespinLover77 likes this.
  8. Yus ^-^
    TuckerAmbr likes this.
  9. My alt is PackerFan.
  10. Oooh I've seen that account around ^-^
  11. Dude thats a nice motherboard, I really like how the block looks so good with the mobo. Is your entire pc watercooled? I have been building my own pc lately and I haven't got to the cooling part yet. I have a great case with lots of space, Corsair 570x, and I am interested in watercooling. It is a pain to set up? How much did it cost you? Was it worth it?
  12. My entire rig is watercooled as of now, but both the CPU and GPU are on AIO coolers. Basically, they're preassembled liquid loops. All you have to do is put on thermal grease, screw it into the motherboard, and mount the radiator and fan to the case. For a normal CPU application it's easy, but my GPU was different as these are meant mostly for CPUs.

I originally bought a reference card RX 480 but I was getting tired of it overheating in Overwatch and I had to turn up my fans, so just a couple weeks ago I bought an NZXT Kraken G12 and a Corsair H55 to cover that too. I also used some out of a big box of Enzotech MOS-C1's for the mosfets because why not. This took a bit of time but I got it in 20 minutes.

It cost me $140 total, more if you were to buy the MOS-C1's new. The Corsair H60 was $60, the H55 was $50, and the Kraken G12 was $30.

I am satisfied with the Corsair H60 on the GPU. On my AMD FX I've made 4.7 GHz, 1.375 volts, and it never peaks 55 C under load. I was kinda forced into H60, as my tiny Corsair Air 240 can't support coolers over 120mm tall, but I like it anyways.
    I would advise that unless you plan on doing heavier overclocking, you stick to a 120mm fan as they are cheaper and you won't miss out on much. CRYORIG H7 is a nice one, easy to mount as well (can confirm, featured in my friend's build) and costs $35 USD. If you want to take your CPU for a ride overclocking it, a Corsair H100 or a Be Quiet! Silent Loop 240mm, or NZXT Kraken x52. The Kraken has a really neato block with some cool lighting on it.

I feel kinda forced on the RX 480's block, but it performs very well (65C on the core, Overwatch, Ultra) as opposed the stock cooler failing to keep the GPU from causing a system shutdown. I recommend a nice air based GPU, such as MSI Gaming X/TwinFrozr, ASUS Strix, EVGA ACX 3.0 (the kind with two or three fans) EVGA ICX is just as good, just has extra sensors and stuff and a heftier price tag. Since GPUs mostly cost the same, I would go from there if you're not satisfied.
    If you want to get a block on it from the factory anyway, MSI Sea Hawk X and EVGA Hybrid are both 120mm cooled GPUs for the NVIDIA side of things. MSI makes it for 1070, 1080, and 1080Ti, EVGA I think only makes it for 1080 and 1080Ti and theirs is more expensive.

I gotta agree with you on the aesthetic. Water cooling looks pretty cool in a spacious side window ;)
    TheCrimeLime and Sachrock like this.
  13. Love the chair! :D
    FadedMartian likes this.
  14. I've never posted here for fear of being publicly shamed. I'm currently saving to build a PC, but when you're a kid working 10 hours a week, this becomes difficult extremely quickly.

My VGA *shudder* cable got knocked partially out as I was taking that picture.
    My $20 Logitech keyboard *shudder* is what I use.
    My mouse is actually decent. It's a Cooler Master Devastator II.
    My 1366x768 *shudder* monitor is there as well.

All of this is hooked up to a laptop *shudder* under my desk.

It has a *vomits* Pentium *vomits again* 2020M that *vomits* runs at 2.4 GHz. (shudder)

*loses will to live* I also have the finest of integrated Intel graphics.

please kill me
  15. No shame, before my A8 5500M laptop I had one with a 2020 too :p
    I highly suggest checking out used stuff if you ever build a new system, in my town I can get stuff like a CORE i5 2400 for $35, an ASUS H61-M for $40, and a GTX 770 for $60 used. They're not latest and greatest but it's decent midrange gaming hardware today. Just make sure your GPU wasn't owned by a heavy bitcoin miner, as they generally go through a lot of abuse and will need some extra love, and your mileage will be lower.
    607 and Carbonyx like this.
  16. I'm actually really on the ropes as to what I'm going to buy. I'm preparing several builds and looking at desktops at well. The thing I know for sure is that my monitor will be no less than 28 inches :p
  17. Took me a minute to realise 'inches' isn't cm. Thought you were bragging about having a monitor the size of a standard ruler.

Might be time for me to sleep lmao
    TomvanWijnen, 607 and Carbonyx like this.
  18. 28 inches is something a little over 70 centimeters, correct? *googles* 71.12!
    synth_apparition likes this.