(Suggestion) Remove derleict policy

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by aletrisrex, Apr 22, 2022.

?

You like to remove deriect policy?

Yes, just do it! 3 vote(s) 13.0%
No. Just keep like before 20 vote(s) 87.0%
  1. So, that feature is bit outdated in emc, it encourage us to play emc but that's major issues when many plot which have move perms disabled.
    Res force-claim can destroy any of these, leaving these builds vanished for new owner and sound horrible those who want break in emc for a while
    For new players, that's major issues when those read wikis and saw deriect policy. They would not dedicate more on town plot as well as emc anymore
    P/s: Town plot haven't expand in recent years
    The soultion is:
    Town plot will countine to expand, while existing derlict plot will turned into preament plot(except banned players) . Preament derleict voucher existing player will have extra 1 res instead as offer
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. First off I wanna say how awesome it is how you're coming up with suggestions! Granted with the -move perm it is a pain to see if you have the ability to claim a res. Most people who want to take a break either 1. Make sure to log in every 30 days to keep it, 2. Vote to keep or or 3. Spend the money for a perm derelict voucher. As for the banned players, they lose their plot along with the ban so that's no issue.

I think that right now the derelict policy is the least of the issues for retaining new players, just because the general state of Java MC is wavering because of Windows minecraft.

As for the perm voucher resulting in 1 extra res is not a fair trade off because iirc the voucher that you could get that offered 1 additional res was significantly cheaper than the perm voucher.
  3. Max res Vocher is no longer sold by Emc.
    Permanent Protection vouchers are still available.

There are way, way too many really old and derelict residences. Some are 2 years or more. Might make more sense to adjust the res that are taken by the computer, manually if necessary.
    Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  4. Thanks for the info! i will open another suggestion about that
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. I don't think that this is necessary, because it is pretty easy to make sure your residences don't go derelict, in my opinion. I also think the sale of max derelict vouchers is a pretty nice extra for EMC (not sure how many are actually sold, though). Also, I don't think having more derelict residences would be nice. Although town is already not very nice to navigate on foot (or in any way other than teleporting :p).
  6. I like that you're coming up with ideas, but I think the derelict policy needs to stay. With less people playing EMC, and still only seeing about a couple dozen open plots per SMP, we need to keep it. The cost to expand town will increase due to servers needing more power/memory etc, and that's something that probably can't be sustained with the current activity level.
  7. To add to this, I cannot think of a single time since I've been here that town needed to be expanded to make up for players. There has always been plots available for new folks without a problem. Only time I saw people fighting over allot is when it was a highly desired one
  8. I could have sworn that we already had a thread discussing this same topic...
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. I could swear you say this on every thread...

For the record though: no, there isn't one. We've had someone suggest purchasable dereliction extensions; on-site dereliction warnings; increases to the derelict timer; as well as suggestions to make logging into the site reset your derelict timer and to make logging in with an alt reset all of your account's derelict timers. There's people asking for heaven and earth to be moved for them so they don't have to take five minutes to log in and deal with the feature, but quite surprisingly outright scrapping the dereliction policy is completely novel.
  10. Open plot are very few, like 10-20 scattering across plots. Mostly are derleict plots which no builds or owner disable move perms to protect their plot
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. Yep. we should expand our plot instead just keep it too small. Most new peeps saw "you will lose your plot after 10 days" or sth like that will concern about emc
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. I am so proud of you for making suggestions for EMC. For selfish reasons, I am pro-suggestion. In the grand scheme of things, it is probably better to keep the derelict policy. The server would quickly succumb to residences with signs on them.
    Equinox_Boss and W1therRex like this.
  13. Yeah, and the derelict plots become empty, right? So we don't need more new ones, I feel like.
    What do you think the advantage would be for new players? Do you think people are afraid they'll lose their work?
    Maybe you would be right in that... although it is not justified, as EMC has stood for over 10 years while lots of other servers have gotten closed, players losing everything in the process. Residences don't get lost unless you go derelict, which is easy to prevent, and the Frontier hasn't got reset in very many years, and is intended to never be reset again.
    crystaldragon13 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  14. I disagree with open plots are very few. I think you are confusing "empty plots'' with ''open plots''.

Disabling move from your plot does not prevent the plot from being reset by the computer or from being able to be forceclaimed. Only requirement for claiming a plot is that the plot has become Derelict.

And there are plenty of active plots that have no or few items built on the residence. EMC doesn't tell you how to use the residence or even that you MUST use the plot for anything.

still a -1 for your suggestion to remove the derelict policy
  15. I am def in support of this suggestion. There have been times when I am gone from EMC for months at a time (or times right now where I lost my account due to migration issues :/) but I always have a mini heart attack that everything I have is lost. Maybe there can be a way to unlock a Permanent Derelict Voucher by being on the server for a long period of time? Perhaps something you have to earn.
    W1therRex and 607 like this.
  16. Once in a while I force claim an "empty" res (for example: player played for 3 hours 2 years ago, never came back after) and immediately unclaim it, but the hour or so cooldown on this is prohibitive to do this in bulk.

Perhaps instead of earning a derelict voucher, make "large builds" less likely to be reset, and more expensive to force claim?
    Equinox_Boss and SoulPunisher like this.
  17. I can explain.
    Open plot are plot which are claimable without loss of rupees, and can be visit by /v open
    Example of open plot:

Empty plots, however is a abadoned plot from player but turned derleict, and it costs 5k to claim it(unless you're new player from 3 hrs ago)
    Example of derleict plot:

Okay. i tested with res with move perms disabled. Big thanks for map to enable res forceclaim easily
  18. I'd actually back this rework because it encourages people to make large builds and thus invest time in the server, and if they ever do leave they can come back safe in the knowledge they don't have to start over.

Then again, could be open to abuse etc. and EMC's player count health is tied to feature stagnation and the fact the Java version of Minecraft is practically a legacy edition at this point, rather than the derelict policy lol
  19. Good idea, costs more like 50k to charge if builds are large or 10k if little or not builds. This may reduce chance to forceclaim if most of emc ppl still want to keep old stuffs but still encourage others to make builds on town plot
    Yea, and i'm trying to rennovate emc with new, fresh ideas to suite after 12 yrs of active
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  20. I'd go with an increase based on blocks used on a plot, as well as a modifier based on plot importance (like, is it close/next to spawn?). That would make immense plots prohibitively expensive to force claim, but not impossible (and would make a bit of a rupee sink as well).
    Equinox_Boss likes this.