[Suggestion] Derelict Extension Supporter Option

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Lianail, Nov 11, 2021.

1. For a smaller fee (than $125) add an increases to the derelict timer start. Allow purchasing of the benefit multiple times with stacking. A good easy to use number would be 10 days.
    So if you buy 1, your derelict timer starts at 40 days instead of 30, buy 2 and 50 days,etc. This would be a permanent benefit, not a one time thing.

Potentially you could have some portion of this (50/100%) apply as a discount on a Permanent Derelict Voucher.
    wafflecoffee likes this.
  2. To fully evaluate this suggestion, what would your suggested price be?
  3. For $5 a month (iron supporter), you can be protected from the derelict timer -- which would cost $60 a year ($50 if you do the 6-month thing). I think it would be fair to price your suggestion at $40 and have the timer start at 90 days. Eventually, it would "pay itself off" if you don't buy a supporter subscription.

$40 - increase to 90 days
    $35 - increase to 180 days
    $30 - permanent protection
    ($105 total)

In the short-term, iron supporter is cheaper, but the derelict timer extension would be cheaper in the long-term.
    Lianail and FadedMartian like this.
  4. Would these be in item form or redeemed automatically?

If it was item form then it would be able to reach players that are like me who can't afford to spend irl money (as much as i would like to be able to afford it) but are able to spend in game money. By the sounds of the prices of other people it would seem like it would probably cost the same even a bit more than a diamond voucher in game (180k+)
  5. i vote not to add anything else that requires redemption until either the redemption of existing supporter vouchers is within the published timeframe or is able to be automated
  6. I personally was thinking lower prices than what UltiPg suggested. Part of this is getting more low cost options. Maybe $10 per 30 day increase? Kids might be more likely to get their parents to spend $10 to support a server than $40.
  7. I can tell you that at that price, there are already options available (iron supporter) to satisfy requirement of protecting your residence. $25 covers you for 6 months of time before you are even eligible for the derelict timer to start.

Derelict protection is something that means you don't need to log in. If you extend your timer for $10, that means you only have to log in once every 60 days, ~6 times a year. If you extend to 90 days for $20, that would be only 4 times a year. That's not a lack of activity EMC wishes to promote and will not happen at those prices. It's not good business or community-minded. If you need an extension due to personal reasons (such as boot camp, a long summer vacation, etc), we have the ability to put in a manual protection if you message senior staff.

HOWEVER, as stated by Aikar previously, the long-run goal with derelict issues is intended to go away with an ability to 'recall' a deleted residence. A timeline for this is not set, but it's a goal for the long-run.

Chicken Edit: We would be unable to retrieve already deleted residences before such a system would be implemented.
  8. I could see that it could be abused that way, but that was not the intent of the suggestion. I personally binge games for months, then go to something else for a similar time. If I rotate through a few games, it might be 6 months before getting back to a game. When I'm into a game, I'm usually playing 5+ days per week. I like the residence retrieval idea. I'd be more likely to overuse that than extended logins - lol
    UltiPig likes this.