[POLICY UPDATE] IP Bans and the Forums

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Krysyy, Nov 8, 2016.

1. I don't think I need to provide an example, you can just use your head.
  2. Forum bans are by the name of the account that logs in. Basically at the time of the IP ban (or retroactively in the first cases), all accounts that link to the main IP will be banned on forums by name.
    AnonReturns, 607 and legoace61 like this.
  3. Seems fair enough; cannot say that I was not a contributor to this action. (I know I was, and I feel bad about it... :()
    ShelLuser likes this.
  4. Was a very long process ;) lol
    We3_MPO, 607, Uber_Corq and 1 other person like this.
  5. That's water under the bridge now. We all make mistakes, but what matters most is to learn from them. In all seriousness: you often learn more from your mistakes than just dry theory. So now it's time to focus on the future instead :) I noticed we're almost the same EMC age, that's cool :)
    We3_MPO and 607 like this.
  6. Woooooooooooooooooooooooow Krysyy :/

Correct me if I'm wrong but it can't be a coincidence that you just shut down Fox's thread last night, and made up a rule outta nowhere to shut him up ey?

It's was a dang suggestion for crying out loud, he was trying to suggest something! But you and all the staff have to hate on him what is wrong with him!? He screwed up I get it. But you guys will NOT LET IT GO!

I bet you guys wouldn't have even done this had he not suggested something despite what you say I don't believe it for second.
    You all just wanna be jerks to him because he messed up.

It's just unbelievable. I've never seen a staff treat another banned member this way.

Just no words....
  7. I thought the spat between me and this other user was the one that triggered this advance in their server technology, I didn't know that something else was going on...
    Gawadrolt and ChespinLover77 like this.
  8. what thread?
  9. TBird1128 likes this.
  10. I always wondered why this wasn't a thing, but I'm glad it is now.
    UltiPig likes this.
  11. This was definitely needed. This will also make people who want to appeal do so properly. Appeal and apology threads are not the way to do it, and if people are interacting with the community, they aren't suffering as much punishment.

Thanks to Krysyy and any staff who approve of this.
  12. With all due respect, I think you're being unfair now.

I don't know the following players well enough to be 100% sure (this includes Krysyy) but having said that I am convinced that they don't "just" make up stories when they said (I emphasized it):

I can understand if you're upset, I can agree that Foxy's suggestion probably reminded the staff of the issue, but I refuse to believe that they hold a grudge.

I won't go into too much details but I butted into several perm ban issues myself in the past (I was somewhat out of line, but I don't regret it nor do I apologize for it because I was never disrespectful). Let's just say that when there's smoke there honestly often fire to be found. I learned more about some bans than I wanted (not from staff!) and yah...

And let's not forget the most essential thing here: this all started because someone broke the rules, not because staff leaned back and figured "Gee, who can we permaban this time?".
    We3_MPO, TomvanWijnen, Kytula and 2 others like this.
  13. This is correct. I think you will find that most staff actually don't find pleasure in banning people, it's just something that must be done to keep the legitimate players protected.
    We3_MPO, AnonReturns, Kytula and 3 others like this.
  14. Keeping out the unruly players is good! This is a good change.
    We3_MPO, Vortixin, kaptrix and 3 others like this.
  15. "IF YOU'RE BANNED IN THE GAME, YOU'RE BANNED FOR REAL!" :eek:

----------

Also,
    I know it's very easy to assume any new rule change is done in response to some event that happened to take place just before. I mean, someone does so every single time. But when you've got posts like...
    ...above yours, you can't say they just "made it up". Ya just can't.

Listen, if there's anything the EMC staff is known for, it's taking forever to implement stuff they thought of ages ago.
  16. *Flies over the thread and drops these words*

You break the rules, You suffer the consequences
  17. I honestly don't get why this thread had to be made (in a good way, not dissing the staff.). If you follow the rules, you wont get the consequences. If a thread has to be made about IP bans / forum bans, then that's sad.
    </tbh>
    We3_MPO and ShelLuser like this.
  18. In a way, some of this stuff is good news.. For example, those banned players cant bully people anymore... :cool: On the other hand, I still feel bad for some people. :/ But, for the server's sakes.. this is the right path to go. If the U.S. can survive the next day... D:
    We3_MPO and LBoss9001 like this.
  19. This is a new policy, so we inform the players. Before, IP ban ingame did not also result in a forum ban. Policy sets expectations.
    We3_MPO, 607, jkjkjk182 and 2 others like this.