[POLICY UPDATE] IP Bans and the Forums

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Krysyy, Nov 8, 2016.

1. All IP bans will now extend to include the Empire Minecraft forums.

The staff vote concerning this change has concluded and this policy update is retroactive. All currently IP banned players will be banned on the forums once Senior Staff work down the list. If you have a problem with this change, then send Krysyy a private message.

All IP banned players will still have the ability to access the forum to APPEAL their ban.

This is a longtime and ever-recurring issue that Staff have discussed implementing multiple times, but held off. While I understand that some of you have personal issue with this change, I do hope that you can look at it from an outsider's point of view and understand why such changes in policy are necessary.
  2. Thanks for the info. Point blank, those that are not willing to follow the rules shouldn't have the same access as those that do follow them.
  3. Good.
    We3_MPO, Hashhog, kaptrix and 2 others like this.
  4. I have no words. None at all.
  5. Should or should not? I think you might be missing a word there if the rest of your post's context clues fit.
  6. Oh my xD Thanks will change that now.
    We3_MPO, MissFable, Kdrama and 4 others like this.
  7. What was the point.
  8. Good News :)
    We3_MPO, kaptrix and WolfInAction like this.
  9. Wow. What news. :/ This is what we get before the end of the world...
    Harp4Christ, Zrugite, clan23 and 5 others like this.
  10. This is great.
    We3_MPO, Sgt_Pepper4, kaptrix and 5 others like this.
  11. Tbh.
    I'm honestly glad. Anyone who is IP banned already,(if they desire) should not be allowed to continue hate on the forums. Go do it somewhere else.
  12. Example?
    ESSELEM likes this.
  13. I can fully understand the need for this and I also support the decision as well (for whatever that's worth :D). I think you guys (staff) are lenient enough when it comes to rulebreakers and you got to draw the line somewhere.

What I also would like to stress out once again: to my knowledge an IP ban isn't handed out "just like that". I think us players need to realize that these things happen very rarely and when they do "something really bad" is up.

But most of all: gang... Don't do the crime, then you also don't have to do the time :D

(multiple edits):
    Maybe keep that to a PM? I'm afraid it could turn into a drama fest, but there are examples of this out here.
    ILTG, Patr1cV, 607 and 5 others like this.
  14. Hmm..

Never saw the appeal of being able to visit the forum of a game I couldn't play.
  15. we were talking about this way back when i was a mod haha. im glad yall worked it out
    We3_MPO, Gawadrolt, 607 and 3 others like this.
  16. are u ip banned?
  17. Please don't discuss mine or any other person's punishments in threads like this. Doesn't belong here. If you want to know, PM me.

I'll be reporting further posts about any punishments.
    Jadzz, Tuqueque, BenMA and 3 others like this.
  18. how do you get around dynamic addressing?