Misc Updates / Bug Fixes - 5/28/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, May 28, 2015.

1. Bye 10k :/
  2. That's better than the, what, 150k for nine more beacons? ;)
  3. Yes, but still, it worked fine before. Now this ruined it :p
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  4. Now I can honor some players usernames with the 16 characters! Thanks Aikar! :)
  5. And saved lots of other people from that annoyance. :p

PvP with no other buffs! Celebration time!
    607 and ElfinPineapple0 like this.
  6. In one of my replies I stated we will change it so beacons can cross over to your own res's. Essentially if your res owner is admin of the res with the beacon itll bridge.

Maybe will get it in tonight. Theres a known bug you can't set namedtp flag right now I have to fix tonight.
    TomvanWijnen, ShelLuser and jkjkjk182 like this.
  7. RIP beacons beyond your res border :'(
  8. Oh
    I got ninja'd lol. Sweet! I like my beacons buffs inbetween my res's.
  9. The terror of Black Arena has finally come to an end. :)
  10. Yes! Thanks for the birthday gift, Aikar! :D
    tuqueque likes this.
  11. Going to re-use this thread

Changes tonight:
    • Fixed namedtp flag setting
    • Improved emc.gs rewriting to shorten it to smallest possible form (emc.gs/t/####)
    • Stopped Beacon effects from spamming on/off while in town. Town is now always considered difficulty 5
    • If on Difficulty 10 and a buff lasts less than 5 seconds, it's now straight out cancelled.
    • Beacons effects can now cross Residence lines if the res your own is an admin of the res the beacon is on.
    • Enchanting Armor / Tools with Enchanted Books will no longer add a repair cost. This bug was what caused the [slot] signs on shops to not work. It's because the item looks repaired and is therefor now a unique item.

Any REPAIRED item is considered unique and cant be sold in [slot] shops with other items. You will need to use the hopper style feeder to sell these items.

Any item created during 1.8 before this update will be buggy in this aspect, but newly crafted items should be considered the same now.
    • Order of Enchants on an item no longer considers it a different Item ID for /iteminfo - *WARNING* This may have changed some ID's of existing enchanted items! Please test your enchanted items shop signs that use the special enchant codes and replace them with what is on /iteminfo
    • You may now name tag up to 5 monsters in an area out in the wild. Please do not use this to abuse game mechanics in any way that will affect server resources. We reserve the right to change any mechanic that this feature enables.
  12. Awesome! Glad to see the Enchanting books/repair bug issue was fixed :)
    tuqueque likes this.
  13. ok, but I was putting books from trades into a vault page right before tonight's fix. When I got back on, they were all nameless books with a number. Now they appear enchanted, but are useless. Any way I can get that solved?
  14. Oh! The force economy chat sounds interesting, and I really like the tag 5 hostile monsters thing! :)
  15. I see the error... This didn't trigger a normal hard error so didnt see it. Looks like vault has wiped out some enchants.

Anyone who lost enchants on an item please PM SS with info and leave the broken item in vault so they can repair it.

I've reverted the enchanting order portion of the update until I can fix that.
    607 and ChumMiner like this.
  16. Sorry, who is SS? I'm slow.
  17. 607 and ChumMiner like this.
  18. Oh, also. Sorry. I've lost a bunch of heads on my first residence tonight. Just disappeared. 1 was floating around, but the others are just gone.
  19. Ok adding it back now, it was an easy fix. I changed a line I didnt mean to...
  20. Please check around, because nothing in this update messed with player heads. Was it a placed head or a dropped item? Dropped items will despawn.

Placed is a bit harder to pop out due to how they work (Tile Entities)
    607 and f_Builder_s like this.