Misc Updates / Bug Fixes - 5/28/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, May 28, 2015.

1. Minibosses are protected but enraged mobs are not. I have seen the despawn while in the same chunk and relogging despawns them as well if the chunk is unloaded long enough.
  2. Hostile (non-enraged) mobs are spawning in ocean monuments. According to the wiki this should not be happening. This is a recent phenomenon.
    tuqueque likes this.
  3. hmmmm, recent as of today? because as of last night I didn't see this happening. The only thing that would spawn inside was bats. Now enraged who spawned above could fall into a monument if it was drained and opened up but that's all I've seen unless something changed since last night.
  4. Within the last couple days. It's particularly interesting as there are creepers (as well as zombies and skeletons, no spiders) and when they explode they do not cause any damage to the surrounding blocks. Riddle me this one Batman.
  5. I could be wrong here but I think that they made it so that Creepers cannot blow up certain blocks in the Frontier, to help avoid griefing.

Are you 100% positive the mobs didn't spawn outside of the monument and fall into it?
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  6. Creepers and TNT will only blow up natural blocks (dirt, stone, etc) and not player-placed ones.
    cadgamer101 and wkramer79 like this.
  7. In regards to named hostile mobs, will they teleport to the player on difficulty 10? And if so, is it possible to remove this fuction?
  8. tes
    Tested, and named mobs definitely teleport to the player on diff above 8, might want to fix this or you may have named mobs running everywhere. I have one on the loose already, ill try and kill it.
  9. I see no reason to remove this mechanic on a named monster. a named monster should be treated just the same as a normal monster, just with a name and doesn't despawn.
    607 likes this.
  10. Also, any invalid spawned monument could possible that it will be broken.

If your monument is NOT in a DEEP_OCEAN biome (check F3) then it was invalid and shouldn't of been there, and there's nothing we can do about that (we WILL NOT bring back the bugged behavior, as that bug causes people to have their creations wiped out)

You will need to move farms on broken monuments to a valid monument
    607 and cadgamer101 like this.
  11. fire aspect does not work on town nor flame works
    ScrOcraft likes this.
  12. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Beacons should be able to freely roam!
    What about if you have two residences side by side?
  13. If you have admin or own the res next to the one with the beacon, the effects carry over.
  14. I have no real problem with this, I just thought that over time it could hurt server performance:)
  15. Confirmed. Unovawarriorx and I mentioned it to Dramanya.
    ScrOcraft likes this.
  16. Is it safe to open my vaults with enchanted books and enchanted tools and armor now ?
    Thanks.

Edit:
  17. I dont know how long it has been since I used a bucket to pick up water on my res (from my 2x2x1 infinite water pool),
    but I just did, and the water did not flow.
    I scooped one more block to confirm, no flow, so I placed a new water source, no flow.
    So, I did /res set flow true
    Now it works.
    I don't think I have ever had to do that before, so is default now False ?
    This is on more than one res.
    Thanks.
    tuqueque likes this.
  18. I just now noticed. Some of the heads I placed before the update disappeared! From what I can see, I have lost a Purple Aikar Head (again), Krysyyjane9191's head, Aikarias' head, Altimamaxx's head, a ghast head, and a pig head. Nobody else has the flags necessary to be able steal the heads. I have been less active this past week. I haven't destroyed/placed anything since the update. Help me!
  19. I don't remember what it was like pre-update. But permissions check starting with the residence you are in, then the world you are in, and then a global default. Town has flow false, so the absence of the flow flag set for your residence, it will default to the world state of false.

And yes, it is safe.
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  20. as someone who has never used F3 to look at biomes, the monument I'm working on says just "Ocean" when I look at F3. Does that mean it isn't valid?

it has guardians all over the place and i haven't noticed anything non-monument like around it

edit: nevermind. when i go underneath the monument it says "Deep Ocean" but inside the monument it says "Ocean". i'm assuming that's ok.
    607 likes this.