Misc Updates / Bug Fixes - 5/28/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, May 28, 2015.

1. really? again? :eek:
    607 likes this.
  2. Could you be more specific?
    Gawadrolt, 607 and f_Builder_s like this.
  3. Did the change in monument spawning somehow affect the probability of sponge appearing in them? We raided a bunch of monuments last night and none of them had a sponge room. Maybe just unlucky.
    DubChef and crystaldragon13 like this.
  4. The regen corner in the blue arena is gone now, so there will be no more campers there.
  5. No. The only thing that changed was "is this biome Deep Ocean"
  6. They were placed heads. Some player heads and some mob heads. I don't care about the slime heads or other mob heads that are gone, but I'm a little sad about the player heads.
    Ultimamaxx likes this.
  7. Okay cool, guess I'll just have to look harder.
    DubChef likes this.
  8. Can you be a bit more specific by what you meant when you say abuse? I would like to try and make an automated wood/cobble farm powered by a named wither, would this be allowed?
    Gawadrolt and 607 like this.
  9. I managed to miss this thread for a day..

Anyways, thanks Aikar and Chickeneer for the awesome updates!
  10. For example intentionally keeping tons of entities loaded on the server (ie trying to bypass the 5 limit), or anything that you think might get you in trouble or trigger us to make a change if you were to tell staff... Like if something clicks in your brain that "you better not tell anyone"... then you likely shouldn't do it.
    ShelLuser, 607 and ChickenDice like this.
  11. Just FYI I've seen sponge rooms that didn't have any doorways open to them. So I've seen situations where I ran into a monument out in the wild that appeared to have been raided already since lanterns were taken but I found sponge still there.

Also it's quite possible that someone went to a monument, took all the sponge, and then left everything else as-is.
    Gawadrolt, ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  12. Sorry but with my limited time I try to ship code quickly. With so much work to do, I sometimes miss testing ALL angles of a change, and with Minecraft.... there are sooo many ways to play this game its impossible for us to test every angle anyways.

Then combined with the fact doing a full test for every single change would take so much time progress would be inhibited - so I try to give my best effort at testing the fundamentals of a change and sign off when it functions as intended.

Not to mention our online staff count at those hours are lower, and lot of times I'm in a "I really need to get these changes out" setting and can't stay up till 5am on a work night to find staff to help test.

Last night just simply changed some important code that I could not leave the servers in a bugged state, so we had rapid reboots as my error logs showed issues.

So around 1-2 am during update nights, just be prepared for more reboots after an update.
    jkjkjk182, 607 and wkramer79 like this.
  13. Yeah, we tried digging through walls, but never could find anything. Also, the area we were in was way way out where no one has been in the frontier. The monuments were no more than 500-1000 blocks apart, so we thought maybe that somehow messed with the probability, but I don't know. I guess it's just lack of luck.
    DubChef likes this.
  14. Is the vault enchantment issue just a local issue - i.e. you had to be signed on at some point after the update to get hit - or did it impact every vault in the game?
  15. Vaults are a saved package, so if you don't open it, nothing will change. This holds true as long as the bug is now fixed. This isn't an 'expert' opinion, but I do recall it being coded that way.
  16. So, does re-naming monsters prevent them from despawning?
    DubChef likes this.
  17. Yes.
    georgeashington likes this.
  18. That's amazing.

Does anyone know if they work on enraged mobs?
    DubChef and wkramer79 like this.
  19. I believe enraged mobs are already protected from despawning, but I'll double check on that now.
  20. I guess the main purpose for renaming a mob is so people can do the new Enderman farms since they have to rename one of those annoying little things that scurry around the nether.

I can't think of another purpose.
    georgeashington likes this.