Minecraft 1.12

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Unoski, Feb 8, 2017.

1. They should stop announcing updates and snapshots until they are 100% sure they can deploy them, this has happened several times before and it's quite annoying when you come home after a long day looking forward to the snapshot. It's no the end of the world I just wish they'd stop creating expectations within the community of when things will be released until they know there will be no delays.
  2. Doorfne and ForeverMaster like this.
  3. Cool, the new snapshot 17w13a) is out!

But now I fear for the worst because...

Code:
    java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'SAPIWrapper_x64': Native library (win32-x86/SAPIWrapper_x64.dll) not found in resource path ([file:/C:/Users/Peter/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/libraries/com/mojang/netty/1.6/netty-1.6.jar, file:/C:/Users/Peter/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/libraries/oshi-project/oshi-core/1.1/oshi-core-1.1.jar, file:/C:/Users/Peter/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/libraries/net/java/dev/jna/jna/4.2.2/jna-4.2.2.jar, file:/C:/Users/Peter/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/libraries/net/java/dev/jna/

I can't even start it, and it almost looks as if that's caused by running a 64bit application on a 32bit PC.

Time to investigate.

(edit)

Investigation has learned that this happening with several people and there's also plenty of bug reports on the Mojang Minecraft bug tracker.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  4. This new snapshot is a bit unstable, compared to the previous one. I figured it would be, because there's a lot Mojang is working on. Jeb did apologize in his latest snapshot post on minecraft.net for having as big of a time gap as it was between the first and second 1.12 snapshots.

Parrots come in four different varieties. They're tamed with cookies. When a non-parrot mob is nearby, the parrots will semi-mimic the mob's ambient/standby sounds. For example: sounds of the Illagers made by parrots are more higher-pitched and are of different tone/vocal.
    They have 3 hearts of health, and drop features when killed.

But the only change/feature I would take into the previous snapshot is the texture changes to some of the glazed terracotta, for cultural reasonings.

But I can say that one big thing coming up from this latest snapshot is Dinnerbone's advancements system. No longer you'll have to keep looking up crafting recipes on the MC wiki! The game now provides you the recipes, once you acquire any ingredients for them. The MC developers have been spending a long time in meetings on designing this advancement.

Colored beds have actually not been added in 17w13a, as Jeb said on Twitter this morning. This is probably because Grum is still finalizing a new data system for blocks, alleviating the current block ID limitation. They have to resolve this, before they can add more blocks into the game.

So, overall, I'm not freaking-out as much as I've thought, for now at least. There are lots of things in the works, and the rendering bugs introduced will likely be fixed.
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  5. Man, really excited for the recipes part, and now cookies have more of a purpose, because, they are so inefficient for food. Anyone know the color changes for terracotta? As I am at school, and Minecraft is blocked ...
    ForeverMaster likes this.
  6. Parrots are a thing now in 1.12
    ForeverMaster likes this.
  7. Something new in 1.12... maybe a crafting guide in vanilla?
    (Accessed by clicking the book icon under crafting area)

And I've already gotten myself 2 colorful feathery friends! :D
    jkjkjk182 and ShelLuser like this.
  8. White, orange, magenta, and cyan terracotta had changed, from what I can tell.
  9. Parrots are SO CUTE!! ^.^

u tame it with a cookie and it makes really fun noises, even whistles at u lol! かわいい ^.^ (Kawaii!). if u right click it goes on ur shoulder, if u jump if falls off but flies 2 the ground. when u keep walking it flies after u, soooo cute!

i want one when emc gets 1.12! ^.^

theres a recipe book!

is really cool b/c u can now see recipes in the game. now i finally know how 2 make a boat ^.^

red means i cant craft it but got small bit of stuff 4 crafting. normal is stuff i can craft. it changes when u use 2x2 or crafting table screen.

and no more achievements :confused:

is now called advantages.

all 4 parrots:

they can swim! ^.^

10. Hm... interesting.
    Jelle68 likes this.
  11. *robot voice* Also, try hitting CTRL + B then typing a message in chat :p
    ShelLuser and ForeverMaster like this.
  12. I'm a little dissapointed that the crafting guide isn't like a vanilla version of 1cc so you can craft a stack at a time :(
  13. It took me a while but I can finally fire up the Minecraft snapshot as well. I got a little jealous when Aya could play with the snapshot and I couldn't (I'm not kidding you). BUT, all solved now.

Small sidenote: Thanks for your question Taken! It was because of your question that I tried to create some visible evidence and that led up to me using structure blocks (one of my favourite features). I installed a server in the mean time (Aya & me are online there at the time of writing, and I can hear a lot of whistling noises right now :D) and copied this structure over. Then I noticed: structure blocks no longer show outlines in the latest snapshot (MC-115009).

Previous snapshot:

Current snapshot:

The changes are very subtle.
    607 likes this.
  14. When did mumbo become a crappy clickbait youtuber? Last I checked (2-3 years ago) his videos were descriptive and original.
  15. Or like JEI, I hope Dinnerbone adds that in... WE SHOULD SPAM HIS TWITTER
  16. Wait a sec. You have a server? Can I come and do some tests as well with the pros?
  17. Erhm, no, sorry.
    607 likes this.
  18. ShelLuser likes this.
  19. xD Figured it'd be a no :p
    ShelLuser likes this.
  20. Wait... There's only one problem ... I don't have a twitter xD
    NuclearBobomb likes this.