Macros/Keybinds/Autoclickers Survey Community Discussion

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Krysyy, Jul 11, 2018.

1. This gave me the idea of everyone using such macros having to go through a click test... but that wouldn't work, I think, too much hassle, and too much cheating potential. :p
    FadedMartian likes this.
  2. I'm curious about this. Is this something that is done automatically when you enter the wild or is this just a 1 button press on your own thing? For example I use a marco on my PageUp/PageDown buttons to summon/store my horse.
    EDIT: Maybe you can PM me the details instead :D
    607 likes this.
  3. I apologize for stepping away due to my computer being changed out. Now the discussion thus far is doing exactly what I was wanting it to not do. The purpose of this thread is not to debate over macros use. The purpose is to specifically state if you agree with the proposed changes or suggest specific changes that we may make to appease your thoughts. you've had your chance to tell what you think in the survey. Now is the time to work to see from the other side of things and help us staff to make modifications to keep both sides happy. That is what a compromise is all about.

So please reread over this post. And respond with your thoughts regarding the proposed changes so that staff can actually get some feedback rather than the I believe my way is the highway ideals that have been presented so far in the majority.

For those that have commented, thank you for your input so far. Here are notes from staff on the changes proposed.

If you are using an auto Clicker in order to complete an action then the speed should not bypass what a normal person could do for sustained amount of time. More info is being researched into what is possible, for example if you tap out of a screen and leave it going. 5 clicks per second was specifically mentioned because multiple players in the survey stated as such being fair for sustained clicking. If a person averages eight doing so themselves over a 1 minute. Then five over an hour is still generous.

Regarding the event limit by time that I mentioned instead of a one-to-one situation with clicks. It was expressed in the survey that the one to one system explanation is confusing to some people and therefore better defining you can make 5 trades in 1 second or 5 crafts in 1 second Etc is what was thought of as an idea to solve this. Now that being said once again these are not final and therefore if everyone thinks that is just as confusing well then we can look at other options too.

I am typing all of this on my phone with voice, so I apologize if there are any issues regarding grammar and such. My overall point is that I need feedback on the specific proposed ideas and not your personal opinions on use of macros as a whole.
  4. Here is feedback on the proposed changes:

(1) Personally not sure on this one. I just did a clicks per second test, and somewhat tired me got 6.5 CPS there, which is more than 5, but not that much more. I do know, however, that there are many other people capable of getting much higher CPS speeds. I think we're fine with what it is now, but likely wouldn't complain if it was changed to max. 5 CPS.
    (after more thoughts:) How about something like a 2.5 or 5 minute max limit of 10 CPS, and if anything continuous more than that time the limit would be lowered to say 5 CPS? :)

(2) I personally don't farm heads (often), but seeing the size of the deco head market, I'm not sure what would be right, as either side has their positives.

(3) What do you mean with "a timed event limit"?

(4) What do you exactly mean with "Automatic clicking while AFK specifically defined to 3 minutes of no HUMAN response time."? (excluding the part that one of course has to reply themselves, not through a macro)
    purplebook163 and Jelle68 like this.
  5. I responded to 1 and 3 above.

As for 2, so do you agree or think this is OP?

To 4) if a staff member messages your account, you are expected to reply within 3 minutes. Not a macro chat bot.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  6. I haven't looked into/dealt with this before so I'm not sure how to answer this.

Fully agree with this.

Would this be something like you can only craft x amount of stacks a second?

IMO 3 minutes in order to respond is very generous. If you are following the rules and auto clicking you should be at your PC. Therefore you should be able to respond far sooner then 3 minutes. Now this also depends on how the player is being contacted. If it's just done through normal chat then it's very easy to miss even staring at the screen. If it's a PM then you should be able to respond right away. Maybe in order to have a set max, 30 seconds at most.
    TomvanWijnen and Jelle68 like this.
  7. Yes. We have no idea what the numbers would actually be, as we would research this, but the idea is to simplify the explanation for players since the 1-1 description has caused confusion.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  8. For 2 I'd suggest the following: a 2.5 or 5 minute max limit of 10 CPS, and if anything continuous more than that time the limit would be lowered to say 5 CPS?

3: ah I think I understand, sure that sounds fair.

4: Ah, (assuming this rule passes like this) so basically one would have to check chat every 3 minutes to be allowed to not have to look at your screen, is what you mean?

---

Actually, in general, I think staff should just PM a player to check if they're there, and if they are suspicious of the reaction they get, have a short chat with the player to see if the response comes from a macro or from themselves (basically, something like a complicated question), as one can obviously not make a macro to answer to that.

This is because chat in general is easy to miss: even when I'm normally playing, I often miss messages in chat, and therefore I think it would be fair to send a PM or mention the name of the player in question, so the chance of missing it while you are there is basically zero (as one should know to have the ping pm sound on to hear messages).
  9. 2) We've discussed this. For this rule, we are talking about sustained functions and never in PvP or other events. So the 5 CPS limit would be set for a 'sustained' period.

4) It means that you should be able to respond were your account to be interacted with in a set period. Chat, movements, etc. If you have a screen minimized, this would obviously not be possible, thus the account would be AFK. The majority of the community defined AFK to mean not actively playing Minecraft, so this is in response to such a definition. If you are multi-tasking, just keep Minecraft in sight and not minimized in the background.

Once again, these ideas are proposed and not final. I am explaining what the rule would be and you are more than welcome to suggest an alternate idea. Please keep in mind the survey results when doing so.
  10. Ok that clears it up for me. So then the proposed 'timed event limit' instead of the current 1:1 might line up more with the capabilities of the crafting book.
  11. 2) So for selling to a shop 10 CPS would be allowed? If yes, I'd agree to changing it to 5 CPS.

4) That is not the definition of the word AFK. AFK = away from keyboard, which you are not if you have minimised your screen and are still at your computer. Please use a different term for describing "not active", as many people, including me, have problems understanding what you mean by misusing the term AFK.
  12. Ah, I thought this thread was for discussion. I mean... it says so in the title. :p
    Tuqueque, Jelle68 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  13. 4) The survey showed that you are in a very small minority of people that do not understand the intention of the term AFK as it pertains to gameplay. As AFK is widely known with internet gaming, it is preferred to use instead of creating a new acronym.

I will work on creating a chart so that you can see the survey responses for AFK definition more clearly regarding this sometime later today.
    ShelLuser and FadedMartian like this.
  14. Discussion of where we go from here, given the data from more than just yourself, not to rehash what players put in their surveys.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  15. Gramarly: afk: abbreviation for away from keyboard
    It lets people know that you will not be at your keyboard for a while, or that you will not be online for a period of time. https://www.grammarly.com/blog/afk-meaning/

Urban dictionairy: Away from keyboard https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=afk

Oxford living dictionairy: Away from keyboard - used for not being online https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/afk

Techopedia: Lets people know the user is stepping away from the hardware device. https://www.techopedia.com/definition/17509/away-from-keyboard-afk

If you want to create a new meaning, create a new word, don't just add it to an existing one. If you have just invented a new way of transportation, and want to call it something, don't call it a "window" just because that alredey is a commonly used word. It's not a window, what you're doing is not windowing. It's annoying, get over it.
    FadedMartian, 607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  16. I actually really agree with these arguments and have to admit I've changed my views on macros to match this post. Great post Saz!
  17. Looking forward to that. I'm confused.
    Jelle68 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  18. The community sees being online as being actively online, with you paying attention to the screen. This is the definition difference that is called into question currently. Now while I am being very polite in my response to players, I would expect you to do the same.
    Kephras and SkeleTin007 like this.
  19. "The community" sorry but that's not true, not everyone came up with a new definition for an already existing term. What you are saying is not the definition of AFK, so could you please use a different term or describe the exact definition, as otherwise many people will be confused.

Terms should be used with their official definitions, as otherwise one could bend many rules by coming up with new "commonly thought" definitions of words in many locations. I can only assume that in the law everything is also written down exactly how it is, using the definitions of words as how they are described in dictionaries, and since we're basically discussing the law of EMC - bannable offences - we should do the same here: use the exact definitions of the words, and if the desired effect doesn't fit with a word, either use a different word, or describe what is meant exactly.
    FadedMartian, 607 and Jelle68 like this.
  20. Take in mind some of us (Tom and I anyway) are autistic and do have problems understanding things that are not exactly defined.
    Next to that: I am studying filosophy: I am very much used to using the exact, I mean exact, defenition of a word. That also is the reason I tend to avoid slang terms and other such words that do not have a exact and labeled defenition.

To be honest: I currently find you being rude to me with your not using terms as how they are defined. AFK is an abbreviation of "away from keyboard". As your keyboard is a physical object, the only way you can be away from it is by being phisically away from it. In other words: not sitting behind your PC. Any other way of using the word is just plain rude to those of us who have problems using not specifically defined words in general, as they are going to have problems understanding you, no matter what.

I now kind of get what you mean, but the only reason I do so is because I read the entire thread, and found out by reading people's responses - nothing you said helps anything to me so far.
    FadedMartian, 607 and TomvanWijnen like this.