Game Over

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Artzious, Jul 7, 2017.

1. I've been banned for using fake alts from McLeaks to get promos:
    http://imgur.com/a/vatab
    and I'm not going to try to appeal or try to get back on. It was never a server I enjoyed that much anyways, just a past time server I can do something on. Plus the friend I have that also did the same thing as me and the same thing happened to him. You win some you lose permission to play on a server. I'm done anyways. I'm sorry, but my greed got a hold of that. Good Bye!
    Getting reported feels pretty good anyways, I just wish it was a PVP server though since people think I'm hacking. You know what? Since The_D1rt_Lord keeps telling me to appeal, I'll appeal.
    _Rem__ and benthebobjr like this.
  2. D: Adios lukario. It is too bad you broke the rules, you and D1rt were good people. It was really nice coming back after being unbanned and meeting you guys and you had nothing against me like so many other people.
    The_D1rt_Lord and FadedMartian like this.

3. All the best dude xxxxx
  4. Best of luck outside of EMC
  5. How can one check if an account is "compromised"?
    According to description there it's an account sharing service where people share legitimate accounts.

Still, using that to get promos is, well, a bit different than asking all your friends to log in and fetch promos for you.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  6. There are a few major ways to check (i.e. databases), but the rules cover it. We generally see a small jump in the bans related to this around the time a new promo is released because greed gets the best of people, as it does with xray use, fly hacking, etc.

For reference:
    Do not use compromised/hacked accounts.
    • The use of compromised accounts is disallowed on the Empire. Any IP associated with compromised accounts will be banned along with possible individual account bans.
    • If your own account becomes compromised, please report it to a staff member to be temp-banned for your own protection.
    • Be wary when utilizing any accounts that you did not purchase directly from Mojang/Microsoft. Accounts gained from MC account sharing sites may not be used.
    We3_MPO, 607, FadedMartian and 5 others like this.
  7. I don't understand one part, for me it says you may not use any accounds that techniccaly aren't yours, but I have been using my sister's accound, and a friend's accound aswell. (wich makes them shared accounds, they don't like emc, I don't like pvp servers, so it works like this) I have always been open to it and nobodey seemed to care, but if I read this, it makes me think that I amn't allowed to do this... Is that true, or am I reading it the wrong way around? (I think the second one / I hope so :p )
  8. No, you got banned for using those compromised accounts. Not because you tried get your hands on more promos. There's a huge difference there.

Dude, seriously, be careful with using the services from those <bleep>hats. Because you may think to be smart and getting your hands on some extra help to get things done (more accounts in this case) but using their services makes you a liable target for them as well.

The only reason lowlife sites like this still exist is because people like you use them. No... please hear me out....

What do you think will happen when you have their authenticator active and you log onto your regular account? How long do you think it'll take them to put your account credits into their usage pools as well? Ever stopped to think about that part?

Free on the Internet doesn't exist, they always want something back. Free give aways, they "only" want your e-mail address (and you do realize that there are dozens of advertisement agencies who pay good money for a collection of valid e-mail accounts, right?), you get a free item but only if you buy another (that's not free). And you get to use "free" Minecraft accounts, but the only problem is that they'll also come after you, sooner or later.

I'm sorry that this happened, but I'm 100% behind staff on this decision. MCLeaks is bad news, they cause more trouble than their worth. Good riddance to them.

Seriously dude... Watch your back. Better yet: dump all that crap before you lose control over your own accounts.

Simple: MCLeaks does not share legitimately shared accounts, why do you think you'll need to install a special home brewed authenticator to use instead of Mojangs? They share compromised accounts. By definition a compromised account is legitimate but its use certainly is not.

But to answer your question, look into this Spigot plugin: SayNoToMCLeaks.

MCLeaks has ill gains written all over them. They're a bunch of <bleep> who abuse the ignorance of some younger Minecraft players by promising them "free alts" while in fact they'll go just as hard after said fan accounts as any other.

In case you haven't noticed: I have no love lost for those <bleeps>, and I think it's a very good thing EMC staff steps in against this shit. Not just for EMC's sake, but I honestly hope it also sends out a clear signal to other players as well.

MCLeaks = bad news. It'll be lots of fun to use "free alts" until you suddenly lose control over your own account for no apparent reason.

* PS: In case anyone wonders, I applied self-censorship. Simply wrote it all out then bleeped out the parts which I think were over the top. Thought it made more sense than trying to find milder terms for them.
  9. Great question. Here's a bit more clarity.

It states to be wary when using accounts that you did not purchase directly from Mojang. Then goes on to say that use of sharing sites is not allowed.

So with regards to your use of your sister's account, we'd like to warn you to just be wary. If she were to decide that she no longer wanted you playing, then she'd be able to change the password and lock you out, thus cutting you off from anything you built on EMC with that account. If that happens and you cannot prove ownership of the account through Mojang, then you can't get your items. So that's why we use the term 'wary' when discussing this, because when it's a local case you can generally gain access, only a real issue 5% of the time when your sis refuses to give you access back.

When using a shared account website, these are accounts that are attained in some fashion, illegal or otherwise, and put onto a global sharing site. Sometimes you pay a small amount of money to access the use, and sometimes you don't. We have disallowed the use of these accounts because you have thousands of people with access to the same account, and we cannot control the issues that arise as a result of that. Imagine logging in and playing in-town and biuilding a small shop, then logging in the next day and finding that someone else had logged into the same account while you were away, saw your nice little shop, and destroyed it all to build a giant dirt tower. This sharing of accounts leads to issues 99% of the time. In addition, the abuse of those accounts to gain items on your main is exploiting the system and therefore bannable in itself.
    We3_MPO, 607, TomvanWijnen and 7 others like this.
  10. You didn't compromise nor hack those accounts to start using those. I'll bet you simply asked for the logon details, got them, and then started using them.

You don't have anything to worry about here. The main thing: your usage of those accounts is done with consent. You're allowed to use those accounts, and there's no risk that your sister will someday start causing a ruckus at Mojang because someone stole her account.

This is mostly about using accounts without consent or approval from the original owner.
    607 likes this.
  11. Thank you both very much. For the problems you pointed out: I have not only just asked for the datials, I'm a legitemet owner of the accounds (as I own half of both) so I really don't see a problem with it, thank you very much again :)
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  12. This is not completely clear to me.
    What is "the system" that is being abused? What exactly makes it an abuse?
    What if someone asks classmates to log in into EMC and fetch promos for him or her?
    What if it happens on a LAN party where all share the same IP address?
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  13. While that might be the case, it doesn't have to be, because sharing of accounts very well makes sense. Having a sharing site that gets some revenue from ads would also make sense, without a need to do anything illegal.

Many kids have no other opportunity but to share accounts, possibly in an organized way. When my family (including cousins etc.) started playing MC, we have all shared one account. I think we now have over 10 all together and we still share, often with close friends as well.

BTW, technically, I thought that a sharing site needs to tunnel token requests in order not to have to share account passwords.

That's very true, and it's something that deserves some serious thoughts ... perhaps in another thread?
    ShelLuser likes this.
  14. Only commenting because I can answer some things (or so I think)... Obviously I'm no staff :p

Then technically they're not doing anything wrong. It wouldn't be ethical (in my opinion anyway) but it should be perfectly ok to do so. Keyword here is consent. If those classmates agree to do this, then yah..

Then I'd imagine that those would technically be considered ALTs. Therefor some limitations apply but it wouldn't be a major issue if that group decides to share their promos (or any other possessions) with another player from that same group.

As I said in my previous post, I think the main trigger to initiate the ban was the use of a compromised account. Not so much the promo swapping. I know some players who have alt armies and therefor gain access to several promo's at once. Never seen any of them getting banned for promo swapping ;)
  15. The EMC promo system is designed to award one promo selection per player account. When you use accounts that are not yours and not someone's who gave you specific permission to do so, and you gain the items, then that is abuse of this system because you are stealing the item from the original owner of that account.

If a classmate gives you permission to use their account for this purpose, no foul.

LAN party with all legitimate accounts, no foul.

Let me know if you need any more clarification.
    We3_MPO, 607, Jelle68 and 3 others like this.
  16. Tired of seeing people get banned for this.
  17. So I have come back from a 4 day trip and it seems that my friend has made me part of this discussion as I had got banned with them. First of all I don't see this they way he does...
    I feel neither of those as I had always loved EMC and personally I was very sad when I got banned not happy. Though my story wasn't that different. A friend had told me about this this website that makes alts for you to use and soon showed me how to use it. And then ideas hit me...
    While building I could see how it looked from different angles,
    Some accounts can resource collect and pretty much I can be in multiple places
    And trolling friends (I promise I only trolled friends ( it was only 2 people( I don't have many friends :( ))) as they would not know it's me

Of course apon logging in I found out you get new items and you called it by now,
    Greed hit me and I went crazy. I do feel as I deserved to get banned as now I see how bad it is but at the time I actually didn't know that 3rd party alts weren't allowed as I had assumed all rules are on the tutorial therefore meaning no reason to look at the forums but BOI was I wrong.

So Krysyy just as a suggestion when people complete the tutorial add something to mention to look at the forums for more rules so they don't end up like me. That might already be there and I missed it when I completed the tutorial but of course I have no way to check XD.

Whether I appeal I'm not sure, If I do I don't know if i'll be accepted and if I am accepted I heard it can take months which brings back to should I appeal?

P.S. Toade I was hoping you wouldn't find out but looks liek you did.
  18. Dirt, my friend! Why would you do this! D:
  19. Why do all the people I know have to find out I'm banned. *sigh*