Empire Newsletter: May 2023

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by MoreMoople, May 3, 2023.

1. Out with the April showers and in with the May flowers! Read on to learn about what's happening around the Empire. ;)

Community Team Updates
    • Build Team
      • Last month, the Build Team released the Steampunk Spring event. The event is officially closed, but we hope you enjoyed it!
      • The Build Team is working on plans for the next major event build!
    • Contribution Team
    • Think Team
      • The Think Team is a group that will help developers with the design of various projects. To learn more, check out the announcement thread!
    • Media Team
      • Work is being done to finalize the video creation section of the Media Team guide, as well as to obtain access to existing EMC social media accounts and create new ones. Stay tuned!
    Do you want to help the Empire? Consider joining a Community Team! Click here for more information.

Staff Updates
    • The new tutorial will be taking priority this month, as well as splitting the new player guide into smaller pages to make it less overwhelming for new players. This thread contains a summary of the plans. Please feel free to share any feedback or suggestions there!
    • The staff team finally contacted the silly leprechaun who left a surprise at town spawn for St. Patrick's Day and asked him to clean up his messy footprints. The town spawns are looking squeaky clean!
    Use /report to let staff members know about activity that breaks the rules!

Developer Updates
    • Fred was released again on April 1st for April Fool's Day! This year, he also dropped Fred eggs when killed. Fred is no longer available, but we hope you had fun!
    • Summer break is right around the corner, which means that chickeneer (a teacher) and MoreMoople (a student) should have more availability to work on projects. Woohoo!
    Please remember to report any bugs to pmdev.emc.gs!

7th EMC Wallpaper Contest
    The EMC Wallpaper Contest is back! Let your creativity flow and submit your designs for EMC-themed desktop wallpaper for a chance to win up to 250,000 rupees and the 2023 Empire Artisan's Palette!

Check out the contest thread here!

Blog Post Writing Contest
    Thanks to everyone who participated in the Blog Post Writing Contest last month! The winners will be announced within the next week, so keep an eye on the front page of the forums.

Event Schedule

Week 1:
    • Saturday, May 6th (2:00 PM EMC time): Build a Base
    • Sunday, May 7th (10:00 PM EMC time): TNT Run
    Week 2:
    • Friday, May 12th (10:00 PM EMC time): FireFloor
    • Saturday, May 13th (2:00 PM EMC time): Netherspleef
    Week 3:
    • JNightwind and crystaldragon13 may be hosting this week! Events/dates to be announced.
    Week 4:
    • Friday, May 26th (10:00 PM EMC time): Build a Base
    • Saturday, May 27th (2:00 PM EMC time): Art Class

Thank you for reading the newsletter! I hope you all have a wonderful May. Best of luck to everyone who has final exams coming up!

How did the picture end up in jail?

It was framed! :eek:

How did the barber win the race?

He knew a shortcut! :D

Why did the ballet dancer stop arguing with her instructor?

He had a fair pointe! ;)
  2. Just an extra little note: I am happy to announce that I have a full-time internship teaching game development to kids this summer! However, this means that there will be some adjustments to the event schedule as I undergo training, temporarily move to another state, and get in the swing of my new schedule. I will try my best to keep you all updated. Thank you for your patience! :D
  3. The jokes are always the cherry on top, Ty for the update

And congrats on internship :)
  4. WOOHOO

I like build a base - and to have two in a month is a treat :)

thank you moops
    We3_MPO, MoreMoople and UltiPig like this.
  5. cant wait for week 3 i hope they choose a good event and hope fully in my time zone
  6. i
    havent seen efry event but im a big fan of the 1 last saturday becouse it is high risk high reward ther tons of bosses that take a wille to farm little bit to muchts bosses
    FadedMartian and UltiPig like this.
  7. i know its a shocker, but i am excited for build a base this friday c:

oh, and art class!
    MoreMoople and UltiPig like this.
  8. Moople cursed me with that image - weather where I am for the past 2-3 weeks has looked more like popup thunderstorm season back when I lived in Georgia. :p
    FadedMartian, Tuqueque and MoreMoople like this.