[CONTEST] EMC Wallpaper Contest

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by MoreMoople, May 3, 2023.

1. Pull out your pencils and prepare your paper! The EMC Wallpaper Contest is back in business. ;)

Guidelines:
    • You must create your own wallpaper. Please do not submit others' work. This includes the use of public Novaskin-generated wallpapers, AI-generated images, etc.
    • You may not use wallpapers from the 6 previous contests.
    • You must feature the EMC Logo in the image you are submitting.
    • Multiple entries are allowed. Please fill out the form separately for each entry.
    • Your wallpaper should be a horizontal rectangle. i.e. Width should be noticeably longer than height.
    Logo:
    https://imgur.com/0C7X7hY

Prizes:
    • Empire Artisan's Palette (2023 edition) + 250,000 rupees
    • 2nd Place: 100,000 rupees
    • 3rd Place: 50,000 rupees
    • There is potential for additional prizes for high-quality entries. Details to be determined.
    Judging:
    • The entries will be judged by the SS+ team.
    • Entries will be judged based on the following:
      • Creativity
      • Craftsmanship
      • Visual appeal
    2018 Contest Winners: emc.gs/t/77477/
    2016 Contest Winners: emc.gs/t/68686/
    2015 Contest Winners: emc.gs/t/55489/
    2014 Contest Winners: emc.gs/t/39053/
    2013 Contest Winners: emc.gs/t/24358/
    2012 Contest Winners: emc.gs/t/7216/

Submit your Wallpaper: CLICK ME!
    Deadline: May 31st, 2023 at 11:59 PM (EMC time)
    FadedMartian, Sefl and Runningrhino like this.
  2. ima compete in this one - thanks for all you do for EMC, Moops :)
    MoreMoople likes this.
  3. Is there a pixel preference in height and width? I know it says noticeably longer in length but I just wanted to know if there was a good standard size format you prefer or even a ratio. Thanks!
    MoreMoople likes this.
  4. i would assume 1920 x 1080 as i think that is the modern normal resolution :)
    MoreMoople and KingJarre like this.
  5. I would imagine so, I just wasn't sure if it was a wallpaper for desktop for a wallpaper for a specific area. If it was a banner I wanted to make sure it was in banner ratio, or whichever. Thanks as always, my favorite Martian.
    MoreMoople and FadedMartian like this.
  6. sorry, not to be that guy, but there is no deadline? :p
    UltiPig and MoreMoople like this.
  7. Whoops, my bad! Thanks for letting me know. The deadline is May 31st, 2023 at 11:59 PM EMC time. I have updated the OP to reflect that. :)
    FadedMartian likes this.
  8. Hello everybody! I hope your wallpaper designs are coming along smoothly. Friendly reminder that there is only one week remaining in this contest! :D
  9. im looking forward to seeing all the pretty wallpapers :D
    MoreMoople likes this.
  10. You and me both! I gotta do some editing but I actually recorded the process of making mine in case anyone was curious how I did it. I'll have that uploaded soon here, just been trying to recover from being sick.
    MoreMoople and FadedMartian like this.
  11. Haven't had time to finish mine this time round, looking forward to seeing everyone's work!
    FadedMartian and MoreMoople like this.
  12. I finally finished the video, sorry it took so long. I hope people find is informative and/or fascinating, because I do things probably a bit differently than some people. Good luck everyone! I look forward to seeing all of your work. https://youtu.be/NAsihM9CAPk
  13. After discussing with staff members and a few outside judges, the winners have been decided! *drumroll*

KingJarre!

FadedMartian!

Tuqueque!

Thank you all for participating! Prizes will be sent out later this week. Great job! :D
  14. Wow, you guys did great! Put a lot of time and effort into this because this server is worth it. Thanks Moops, and all the other staff as well. You're all underappreciated :)
  15. congrats everyone. :)
    KingJarre, MoreMoople and Tuqueque like this.