Empire Newsletter: August 2023

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by MoreMoople, Aug 6, 2023.

?

Which contest would you like to see on EMC later this month? :)

Poll closed Aug 16, 2023.
Shoot for the Stars: Build an Elytra Course! (New contest) 11 vote(s) 50.0%
EMC: The Movie - Movie Poster Contest! (New contest) 2 vote(s) 9.1%
Sand Sculpture Extravaganza! (Previously hosted in 2018: emc.gs/t/77070) 9 vote(s) 40.9%
Something totally different! (Comment below with your idea/how it would work) 0 vote(s) 0.0%

1. August already!? We have a fun month ahead, so let's get into the newsletter! Make sure to vote for which contest you would like to see later this month. ;)

Community Team Updates
    Staff Team Updates
    • EMC's 12th birthday was on July 25th! To celebrate, a special Birthday Cake promo was released and can be claimed with the command /promo bday12. In addition to the special item, chickeneer hosted a birthday party on August 3rd! For a summary of what happened during the party, check out chickeneer's post here!
    • Last month, EMC celebrated the 4th of July with the release of the Boom Firework, Freedom Steak/Sausages, and the 2023 Independence Day Firework! Those items are no longer available to claim, but we hope you had a great 4th of July!
    Developer Team Updates
    • To celebrate EMC's 12th birthday, a small update to the Games server was released. This update changed the Snowball Fight event to be player-hosted through a host-claiming system that the Developers hope to eventually add to more events. Rainbow Runner is now up and running again, so make sure you go and give it a try! (Note this is bugged and disabled, but will be re-released soon)
    • chickeneer also wrote code to allow for claimable chests. This was used during the birthday party so players could claim their gift chest and it would automatically put their name on the sign and allow them to open it once the chests were filled. If you claimed a chest during the event but haven't received the contents yet, make sure to return to the /v bday2023 residence on /utopia and grab your gift!
    • The 1.20 update was released last month. The update also featured some changes to signs, so make sure to check out the update thread here!

A Day in the life of EMC Staff - Creative Writing Contest
    Hmmm, what could those silly staff members possibly be doing!? Write about a day in the life of EMC Staff and submit it to win a prize! Check out the contest thread for more details and information on how to enter.

Mini Game Contest
    The community vote has concluded and the Mini Game Contest winners have been announced on this thread! Congratulations to the winners, and great job to everyone who participated. Prizes will be sent out within the next week. :D

Event Schedule

Week One:
    • Friday, August 4th (10:00 PM EMC time): FireFloor!
    • Saturday, August 5th (10:00 PM EMC time): Build a Base!
    Week Two:
    • Friday, August 11th (10:00 PM EMC time): Miner Mania!
    • Saturday, August 12th (3:00 PM EMC time): FistFight!
    Week Three:
    • Thursday, August 17th (9:00 PM EMC time): Something Fishy with Raaynn!
    • Friday, August 18th (10:00 PM EMC time): Build a Base!
    • Saturday, August 19th (10:00 PM EMC time): Mob Arena!
    Week Four:
    • Friday, August 25th (10:00 PM EMC time): TNT RUN!
    Week Five:
    • Friday, September 1st (10:00 PM EMC time): Netherspleef!
    • Sunday, September 3rd (3:00 PM EMC time): Harvest Day!

Thanks for reading the August newsletter! For those who are back in school (or starting school again soon), have a great semester! :D

What do you call a laughing motorcycle?

A Yamahahahaha :rofl: :lmao:

Why was Cinderella so bad at soccer?

She kept running away from the ball! :eek:

What do lawyers wear to court?

Lawsuits! ;)
  2. man what a treat - 2 build a bases in a month again. wooo
    We3_MPO, UltiPig, StgbtL and 3 others like this.
  3. I thought that was a laughing piano! ;)

Thanks for the update!
    We3_MPO, UltiPig and MoreMoople like this.
  4. Gotta love the 10pm events they are always good ones
    Thanks for update moople 👍
    We3_MPO, UltiPig and MoreMoople like this.
  5. jay my favorite event mom arena
    i cant wait but im also in
    mourning my children the codfather fishes were realeasedin a war zone so young so dangerous so scared
    i tryd saving them and putting them in my vault and save them to let them free in my plot
    but then i looked and all my cod fathers were gone they got eaten by a frog
    she dit even eat the buckeds do u know how exspensife those buckeds were
    xd
    UltiPig, FadedMartian and MoreMoople like this.
  6. I received my rehearsal schedule today (I am returning to semi-professional ballet as a guest artist for a company), so there have been some changes to event times/dates! I will try to host more afternoon events in the future for the folks in different time zones, but it might not work with my schedule for the next few months. There is also a Something Fishy event with Raaynn this month. :D
    607, farmerguyson and Tuqueque like this.
  7. im disapointed u are putting irl before comiting war crimes forbiden by the jeniva convention including burning humans alive putting hostile animals and beast in a earea to Slaughter player figt club 2.0 but u openen anounce it breaking the rule no 1 talks about fist figt club im not angry u returning to dancing im just disapointed u put irl infront of us 😉
  8. I just read this and the first thing that came to mind when I saw... Build an Elytra Course! ... I thought of a Quidditch Match. Alas, you cannot hover with an elytra or throw and catch things. However, with bright young minds, anything is possible.
    MoreMoople, 607, Raaynn and 1 other person like this.
  9. Hmmm, can you not?.... is it not possible to drop items while in flight? ... this needs to be checked out.

Catching also may not work, but grabbing off the ground would...
    BreezyMan, MoreMoople and 607 like this.