Empire has updated to 1.8!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, May 5, 2015.

1. DubChef likes this.
  2. I am sure this has been said but, when do name changes happen? I know it says on the top of the fourm page but I see my new name on my head. You updated to 1.8, is name changes going to be around the corner? I hope this will happen soon :)
  3. soon as things get stable i will try to return to that.
    607, ShelLuser and clan23 like this.
  4. I forgot how awesome Depth Strider enchant was. I can swim faster than I can run now...
    607 and georgeashington like this.
  5. One more comment / opinion on repair costs (I'll keep it brief).

I know Aikar already mentioned that it would probably be better to freeze repairs but I'd still like to add one more argument as to why I think there are some downfalls with fully going back to the vanilla gameplay: what about us voters, better put: our voters armor? May sound weird coming from someone who only uses his voting armor (so this whole thing doesn't affect me). But I still can't help wonder if vanilla gameplay wouldn't make our voting gear much too overpowered (in comparison I mean)? I don't risk losing it nor do I have to repair anything. It does come at the cost of less protection (in comparison to god armor) but these specs alone well make up for that.

So: Either I pick up my voting gear and fight. The fight is probably harder but I don't risk losing my gear. Versus picking up your god armor to make the fight a bit easier; you need to be careful that your armor doesn't get destroyed but in the end you can easily repair no matter what.

Take that last part away and I, as a voter, can keep on fighting and collecting while the costs for the regular player will only rise the more he progresses: First repair costs alone, then new armor + new enchant costs (which could be extremely high, esp. if you need to use enchanted books) and then back to adding more repair costs.

Bottom line (lets use ocean monuments as example): I can sell off all of my spoils while the other player will need to use some of his gathering to fund his gear.

I think this gameplay scenario is heavily outbalanced. And for the record: that's coming from someone on the "good side" of the equation.
    BreezyMan and PenguinDJ like this.
  6. That was more of a confirmation i'm going to do it, not a maybe :p
  7. What exactly will you be doing? I read all the posts and I am still confused... #DazedAndConfused.
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  8. fixed thanks :D
  9. Going to freeze the anvils so that they cap at 39 levels and nothing is "Too Expensive" to repair. Like they were before the 1.8 update.

Edit: Btw... I just wanted to say everything else in the world is great. Y'all did an excellent job with the upgrade and I wanted to say thank you for all y'all's work and dedication to making EMC so great.
    ShelLuser and AmusedStew like this.
  10. Never said that is all :p, looking to add additional cost for items that usually wouldn't be repairable in vanilla.

Also I think we can still have growing repair costs but make it per user so if you buy an item it's brand new for you.

Seems like a fair middle ground.
    Gawadrolt and BreezyMan like this.
  11. That can be easily exploited with an alt or a friend.

Player: Logs in
    Alt: Logs in

Alt: Purchased 32 repaired tool
    Alt: Mails tool to main

Player:*uses tool*

Rinse and repeat.
  12. That definitely sounds like a fair trade off. I just assumed... I shouldn't do that. I know what that usually means. :p
  13. You have little faith in me :p
    Very easy to make the data persistent over handoffs.
    Gawadrolt and AmusedStew like this.
  14. Can see that happening too. Whatever is done... It needs to take into account for the infrastructure EMC has built around that anvil not being to expensive for things or a way to make things "new" when created or something. Cause auctions, Slot shops, even the way you create something can affect it's initial value.

However, putting theoriginal back in place is not killing anything. Lava baths and other things still happen (often) and people need to purchase new stuff anyway. :p

Edit: Ninja'd

Edit 2: Not really worried about it much as to the final outcome of the anvil... Just pointing out issues with going with the vanilla here and I just found the anvil feature very unique here on EMC that really stood out to me when I made this place my home. :)
  15. Would it be possible to make OP tool repair pay levels and another material? Maybe make it so that the levels are capped, but then it transitions to a confirmation UI such as the Admin-flag, which lets you know how much, let's say, lapis you need to give up. Then the confirmation UI sends the user to a new window that has you place the lapis into it.

Probably not feasible, just an idea.
  16. Technically possible. Could be confusing since it is in a different window than the anvil
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  17. Maybe it could spit a link into the chat so if the person is confused and just quits immediately, they can head on over to a well worded (read: not explained by me lol) wiki tutorial?
  18. Noticed since the update that there is a small glitch when feeding baby horses to make them grow. When feeding them the first time, the baby immediately becomes full size but if you try to ride it to tame it, the horse reverts to baby size. If you feed the horse around forty times, the horse will not revert to baby size. This is not a high priority problem but thought you might like to know about it.

Just an observation, not a complaint: baby horses are now much more active than before, more like baby villagers.
  19. Barrier blocks, will those be used?