Empire has updated to 1.8!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, May 5, 2015.

1. OK... I built one of those new villager wheat farms on the my 2nd res next to me... It was the 18X18 type from youtube.
    The villagers would stay against the back wall closest to my other res where I had a villager building on it with like 40 doors. They would only harvest the first 3 or 4 row away from that wall. I went over to my other res and broke all the doors out of the building and they are now harvesting the entire farmland on the opposite res and not hugging that wall anymore. Is this an issue cause I own both res's or will a villager wheat farm break or not be fully utilized if my neighbor's res has a village on it?
  2. It is due to how village mechanics work. Nothing you can do about it other then make sure there are no villages near your farm.
  3. What if my neighbor has a village on their property? Is it going to make my wheat farm not work correctly like stated above or is it just cause I'm the owner of the property next to it?
  4. It appears pigman behavior is a bit different, they arent tracking me the way they should, they wont always try to attack me when i hit them
  5. I would suspect that a neighbor's village would have the same effect whether you owned the res or not.
    607 likes this.
  6. Wow. So if I had villager wheat farms setup on my res(s) then someone could grief my/their productivity by building villages on their res next to mine?

I hit a pigman the other day and expected to get annihilated by him. I wasn't prepared to fight.... He ignored me after I hit him. I was like... "Huh?"
  7. The new pigmen mechanics are weird, to say the least...
    I don't know "Nether" or not I'll get used to them :p

...Speaking of which, something happened with me and Qkazoo07 a couple of days ago involving them:
    Apparently, she aggro'd a Pigman on accident while trying to shoot a Ghast down, and of course, the nearby Pigmen came after her. However, the baby, after killing her, started to attack me when I hadn't done anything to it - meaning they have the ability to change targets now if they're upset...!!??!?!?

Additionally, at a gold farm I use in the Frontier, the spawn rate of these things is horrendous - they're literally "hogging" the entity limit of 250 at a much faster rate than before. Every time I kill one, 2 or 3 more drop down in its place - fortunately, we have a lever we can toggle on/off at that base that kills them via fall damage, but if it weren't for that then they spawn faster than me (or any of us) can even hope to kill them all. ^^;

However... I don't think this is a bug. I think this is intended in 1.8 somehow, strangely enough... Idk why...
    (I also noticed that once a Zombie Pigman is aggro'd, it makes anger noises forever and almost NEVER shuts up with them ._. --unless you leave that place for a good long time, i.e. a full night's rest irl, so like 8 hours or so. x_x)
  8. cant connect to emc...
  9. Very helpful. What error are you getting?
  10. cannot connect to this smp already connected...
    edit kicked whilst connecting to smp5: sorry you can only be connected to one smp at a time
  11. Try connecting to utopia.emc.gs. If that doesn't work, try connecting directly to the server you were last on. If that still doesn't work and after 15ish mins you still can't connect, ask a mod to manually kick you.
    607 likes this.
  12. I'm getting same thing, smp1 it says.
  13. okay thanks.
    edit seems to be a server issue if kev cannot and no utopia didnt work.
  14. Uhm, it says you're on SMP4?
  15. Getting this while trying to change servers in game..

EDIT: Direct connect is putting me on SMP1..
  16. I was before this happened.
  17. That was already the case. I'm not always warning people I'm in the Nether with not to hit any pigmen for their sake; I'm doing it for my own sake. :p
    607 and Gawadrolt like this.
  18. ...Oh. Dear. Lord. :eek:
    Good thing I never attack wild Nether Pigmen that appear... ^^;
    I always run away, and I ALWAYS get away safely.
  19. It appears to me that in vanilla 1.8, aggroed ( wrong spelling for sure ) will give xp from a fall death, regardless of whether a player has touched them. They will only attack a player if he/she was the one to aggro them. I was at my gold farm last night, and the 1.8 mechanics were working properly. I angered one, and every one that fell was angry and dropped xp as well as gold. My son's account was there as well, and the pigmen did not attack him at all. In one hour, I went from 20 levels of xp to 90 or so, didn't time it so I can not be sure. It was a 100% afk xp farm.
    I tried to duplicate the effect this morning, and the pigmen would only drop xp if I hit each one, even if they were angry. They also tried to attack my son's account, going back to the same patterns I noticed from before the update. I am guessing Aikar changed pigmen mechanics back to 1.7 sometime predawn or shortly after, going by Central US time. I may be wrong about this, but I've tried to duplicate this effect several times today with no success.
  20. The only thing I can suggest is making a village under your farm. As far as I can guess is that even if it is your neighbors village your own villagers will react to it.