Empire has updated to 1.8!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, May 5, 2015.

1. Only one word at the moment... still... Anvils.
    ChrisFlareon likes this.
  2. Anvils.

I know this is how vanilla minecraft does anvil mechanics but...
    Aikar, if you wanna make it so simply naming something is the ridiculous 5 levels again, we'll happily trade back to that in exchange for being able to repair infinitely.

>clutching my silk touch pick that i've repaired only once since 1.8<
    >i dont want to lose this<
    >and i know others have way more enhanced bows and swords that they took pains to get and named and do *not* use in pvp so to have those die... >.>....<
    BreezyMan likes this.
  3. Something iv been noticing that hasn't been fixed yet is 2 tall plants such as sunflowers, or the other 2 tall flowers don't render the second tall block at times unless you destroy them and replace them. However after a while if you leave and come back they do it again. Not sure if this has been brought up or anything but just figured id mention it.
    kevmeup likes this.
  4. Not sure if this is a bug, but aren't netherhounds supposed to despawn when the chunk is unloaded? I have a netherrail I use to haul items to town from the frontier, a pack killed me and I died and got sent back to my outpost in the overworld. I immediately hopped on a cart and headed back to get my stuff, and the hounds were still there! This happened 3 more times this morning. Not sure why this is happening. I did /c who in the local channel, and no one was near, so there wasn't anyone else around keeping the chunk loaded.
  5. OOHH. I thought that was happening because I downloaded optifine... (My thought when i saw them: "huh, optifine makes bushes look so different... (So tiny and cute...)")
    But, like with my own horse bug, this could be because i'm running 1.8 and not 1.8.4
  6. The times hounds got me, when I've gone back they've been gone. This was before the most recent bug fixes though.
  7. Is little eveiltoad sad he looks lonely
    f_Builder_s likes this.
  8. Spelt eviltoad wrong
  9. Ok... I don't know if this was an issue before the 1.8 update or has to do with it but...

I have the admin flag on another person's res. I built up an iron stack and placed a beacon on top however,
    I cannot turn on the beacon. It seems only the res owner can turn it on and select its powers.

Is there something I don't know about? I'd assume with the admin flag that I would be able to control a beacon I placed there.

Please let me know if this is an issue or I am not doing something I should.

Thank you in advance.
  10. Beacons are messed up. They work 50/50 for me, on my own res and in the wild... usually I have to have another players set the buffs for me, which sucks.
    BreezyMan likes this.
  11. Okaydee then...

I've never had a problem with them working on my own res(s). I haven't set any up yet at my outpost so I don't know how they will work for me out there in the wild but like I said in the original post. I am an admin on that res. I don't understand why the beacon will not turn on for me. It does not even acknowledge that I place an item in the GUI interface to select a power for the beacon.

Sincerely,
    Still confused :p
  12. Sometimes it helps to click cancell a few times. I've ran into to this problem in the wild, but usually the interface closing and reopening a few times will fix it for me.
  13. Are you saying the beam isn't turning on in the first place? Nothing can be done in the GUI until the beam is on. Was this beacon placed and working before 1.8 and stopped working, or is this the first time it's been placed? If the latter, it may just be because the iron pyramid is hollow, or because there's a solid block directly above the beacon, at some height. If you can open the GUI at all, then it's not an issue with flags.
  14. For me, the beacon beam is on, with a full pyramid (9x9 base) but the buffs options are grayed out and I can't select them.
  15. I get this too, once in awhile. I found that if I teleport via /home and try again it usually allows me to select again. Strange.
  16. I don't use any mods, and im all the way updated so I think its EMC.
  17. Thanks Aikar! :D
    1.8 is here!!! I loved the updates, principally the Armor Stand! :D:D
    But the Infinite Trade Villagers continue working?
  18. Patrons, the old inf villagers are gone but there are still ways to get emeralds from the villagers and I think they are better in the end.

Having collected 100 dc's of flesh over the last 6 months I'm really happy.
    PatronsGamers likes this.
  19. Thinking now, the new trade sistem is better, I got 4 stacks of emeralds from the "New Villagers"
    Thx Bara :D
  20. Currently looking into:
    • Updating XP/Enchanting mechanics
    • Investigating Item changes that breaks [slot] shops and enchant shops(?) - May need to do the work for a major shop overhaul for item id's :/
    • -- when possible: investigate the 1.8 memory leak
    607, PatronsGamers, khixan and 2 others like this.