Empire has updated to 1.8!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, May 5, 2015.

1. I've got a DC of stone on me and I've been going backwords holding the mouse down to lay the slabs lol
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  2. RIP Nether Rail. Hello Nether Horse Road. #peaceinthenether
    ThaKloned and 607 like this.
  3. Well, what Thakloned is talking about is in the Nether. Yes, rails are a part of the problem and easily fixed, but they are an early indicator of something I've... noticed.

The pigman spawn I believe has... taken over all other possible spawns. I am 110% sure there is an issue with their spawning mechanism right now.

First, they are taking over all rail systems. Before, pigman could spawn on rails, this is nothing new, however the sheer frequency of it has... bloomed. You can't go more than 20 blocks without the path being blocked. I first assumed it was just what you were stating and shrugged it off because as Kloned posted later... easy fix... slab/glass the roof. Done

However, RandomZH approached me a couple hours ago about her wither farm. It's nothing but pigs. Pigs pigs pigs, and more pigs. I went to check my farm. Same issue. I know the fortress isn't broken because after about 10m of standing there, I got 1 blaze to fall through, and another 5m got a normal white skeleton to drop. So... the fortress didn't... change. It's the pig spawn rate.

Not how fast they spawn, but the priority, or chances of, a pig to spawn over any other mob. Also haven't seen ANY nether hounds in this time either...

I posted a photo below of my wither farm. This is sitting there for about 10m without killing a thing.

Something is awry, and it is far from, "working as expected".

4. On another note, maybe it's related, maybe it's unrelated. I have seen, multiple times, enraged mobs spawning in open water.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  5. Same here--it was really odd.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  6. Me too, its funny watching them try to kill hash while I am just standing there watching.
    Gawadrolt and 607 like this.
  7. I'd like to swing back around for a moment to discuss the anvils not having a 39 level cap on them anymore...

Several questions and comments come to mind with there not being an anvil cap anymore, the statement of additional info to lore if an item has a repair cost on it, the auctions, and the state of existing and newly created items.

First the comment... adding this information to the lore because they are not going to be auctioned brand new (without the 39 level cap anvil) will be turning every enchanted item(s) auction into the dreaded horse egg auction listing. Instead of saying we have 27 diamond pickaxes (Eff V, Unbreaking III) we'll have to list every single lore for each item. (at least the repair costs of each anyway) and you mentioned requiring a picture of each lore too?

Second... Questions for any currently enchanted items... I just won and split a DC or Eff III Unbreaking III Silk Pickaxes with someone else just before the 1.8 upgrade. Once this extra info is added to the lore in the 1.8 version we are in now... What should we be expecting to see in each or our SCs of pickaxes as far as repair costs go? Will they show as brand new or could we have piles of crap almost irreparable items in the chests? How is that also going to look when I see the lore on all my existing enchanted items that I've had from 1.7 that I've repeatedly repaired over and over in the past?

Third... Does how the way the item is enchanted affect it's initial "repair cost"? I have not had a chance to test this out but I figured you could tell me quicker from possibly looking at the code.

3 scenarios below...

I create 3 diamond pickaxes (EFF V, Unbreaking III)
    • 1st one was just straight off the enchanting table like that. (got lucky)
    • 2nd I combined an Eff V book and an Unbreaking III book first in the anvil then I used the resulting book having both enchants on the pickaxe in the anvil.
    • 3rd I used 2 Eff III books, an EFF IV book and 2 Unbreaking II books to make it in the anvil not combining any books. So the pick was in the anvil 5 times to be made.
    Will the lore show that all the picks are brand new and equal in value or will the 2nd and last one have an initial higher repair costs associated because they were in the anvil 1 or many times to be created, increasing in repair cost with each time they where put in the anvil for an enchant to be added to it?

Just thought of a 4th question before I pressed "Post Reply"... What about the sales of enchanted items in SLOT shops? How are we gonna be able to see the lore of an item before we buy it out of the box? Preview signs? *Looks in the chest* "Naaa. I don't want that next pick it's got a repair cost of 12 but the next one in the chest only has a repair cost of 3". ...Because craftsmanship, not pre-repaired items, may be a factor based on the info found out about the (third area) above as far as item creation for even initial sales.

Edit: Sorry for being long winded but I was trying to get all the info in at one time.
  8. Has there been a change as far as how long item remain on the ground before they disappear? I just died while slabbing my rail and when I came back ALL my items where gone. Before it was, what, 5 mins if your in the area? No one was in this area except me. There should have been many slabs and weapons on the ground. Now I have nothing.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  9. EMC actually changed that to 15 mins previously. I was in several wasteland areas (no nether areas) and dropped items only to find them there 5+ mins later, so the change should still be working...
    607 likes this.
  10. If I could make a suggestion, I would say anvil repair was better off frozen. Before this, a new player with only 10000 r could reasonably buy really great enchanted tools. Now, will that same new member be as likely to bus a 3000 r disposable pick? I think it gives the wealthy players a bit too large of an advantage over the new members, because I can afford god armor whether it's disposable or not.
    I'm not sure if this was the appropriate place for this comment, but Breezyman made a good point and I thought I would follow. :)
  11. After death and coming back, I wasn't in the area for more then a few seconds. Not sure what the range is but there's no way I was close enough to make them disappear.
  12. Did you happen to leave the death screen open for a while? That keeps the chunk loaded from what I know. Other than that I have no clue.
    607 and ThaKloned like this.
  13. Someone must have ran by and picked them up or they fell into lava. As far as I know, items will stay on the ground infinitely as long as the chunk isn't loaded. When I first started on EMC, I stupidly took a god bow into the nether with me and of course ended up dying. It was an incredibly rare coincidence since I was in the middle of nowhere, but my EMC neighbor and another person happened to find my bow 2 months afterwards because no one had been in the area to load that chunk.
    DubChef, 607 and ThaKloned like this.
  14. No I hit respawn right away. There was some lag (why I died in the first place) then died, hit respawn and made my way back. Nothing to be found. However there was piles of netherbrick from when I fist dug the rail. And that was a few days ago and also before the update. I don't really care about the other items, but I lost my good pick and god sword.. and my precious beef. I only have 4 DCs of beef left :(

Not possible here. This is at my base and they would have had to pass by me at some point.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  15. Based on comments and questions I think it will solve a lot of problems to freeze repair costs again.

And it won't matter about when you get the item ,itll simply go back to 0 regardless if it was repaired before or not.
  16. Edit: Confused enchanting with anvil. oops.
    I think we should still infuse the lapis feature of enchanting in some way. Put them to some kind of extra use or value (Probably not greater than vanilla though).
    New Idea: What if the level is capped, and if there is an overflow - the levels overflow into lapis required? I did not look at code to make sure that is possible, but sounds reasonable at least.
  17. So a 39 pick would cost 30 levels + say 3 lapis?
  18. There is no lapis slot in the anvil last I saw, so it would have to take advantage of some other system.
  19. Maybe. I have no idea what the formula would be for this new system, but I think it would be good for it to be scaled a reasonable amount (and makes sense).
  20. Oh, I was thinking of enchanting... oops. lol