Empire 1.11.2 Update!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Changes going out now:
    • /v +tag now supports more than 1 using a comma, and will choose a random res out of all of them! example: /v +shop,mall,store,bulk
    • /shop has been replaced with an alias to /v +shop,mall,store,bulk - making it an easy command to buy items
      the previous shop is now /shopworld - See https://empireminecraft.com/threads/the-empire-shop-is-closing-in-2017.69524/ for why.
    • Those 4 shop related tags now also check that you have shop Residence flag. So if you're unable to shop there, it will skip it.
    • Added glide:boost subflag
    • Messages generated by Custom Mobs (Minibosses) that have a custom name (Staff Spawned Special Mobs) will use their custom name instead of their default name (IE: Machine Gun Marlix has summoned assistance!)
    • Mules will no longer let you store them with Inventory stored. If you accidently (or intentionally stored one), you will need to get it out of the stables.
    • Fixed a bug where you could put an item in an itemframe right as it was dying, causing you to lose an item.... (a player shot the frame and put his bow in at same time heh)
    • Fixed Vanilla Bug that did not allow you to rename items if more than 1 item is in the left hand side.
    • Vanilla has changed Item Renaming to only do one at a time, which is what caused that bug
      So we have removed our changes to the cost that limited it to 15 for an entire stack. You will now need to rename the items 1 by 1 at the cost of 1 level per rename, just as it is in Vanilla.
    • Shulker boxes are now allowed in the Vault and Mail if they are empty
    • MiniBosses spawned in the Mob Arena will now automatically attack without waiting for someone to attack them
    • Pot of Gold and other usable items with cooldowns have been fixed.
    • Donkey/Mule eggs from before the update that still had the yellow Horse color will now convert to their appropriate color in chests. - Nevermind apparently still isn't working right
    Faithcaster, Tuqueque, 607 and 6 others like this.
  2. There's a glitch with Zombie Viruses, some are blue and some are pink
  3. Thanks Aikar :D
  4. Awesome news! I'm especially excited about the option to bring my loot box with me to SMP4 tomorrow (mining session). Thanks a bunch for all the hard work!
  5. Yeah im not sure why that's happening. Filed a ticket.

And apparently something changed with my horse variant fix in chests. Will have to look into that more still.
    607 likes this.
  6. This is gonna hurt when having to rename large amounts of items. Is there anyway to make it allow larger quantites of items to be renamed at once while still keeping it in a 1:1 ratio of items to levels required? Having to rename each item indiviually is going to take forever, especially for decoration head shops.

But nonetheless, still a great update. Good job Aikar. :)
    ShelLuser, Tuqueque and 607 like this.
  7. There's a similar color changing thing with Love Potion Number Nine; mine started off pink, then went to blue, and is now pink again. Could this be related to Zombie Viruses changing?
    607 likes this.
  8. Yay!!!!
  9. I have several zombie viruses that are red (like health potions)
  10. Thanks for fixing the "cannot mail shulker box" I got them send today to the right server. :):cool:
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  11. *cough* still waiting for pistons to break shulker boxes *cough*

"ahem" sorry, got a frog stuck in my throat there ;);)
    Allicanto likes this.
  12. Could it be you somehow broke rail stations that use activator rail to get player out of minecart?
    The player was teleported to a useful position next to rail before. Now he is teleported onto the rail.
  13. Us no, Mojang maybe. We haven't touched anything like that.
  14. Will fix soon as we can... that was quite a lot of fixes in that release. one thing at a time.
  15. ugh...right when I go to start playing again...lol :eek:
    Now I am just waiting for a few mods to update to the new version and I will be returning to play again.
    Work has finally stopped being insane... :):cool::confused:
    frostyminerpete and 607 like this.
  16. First of all I'd like to thank you again for your devotion and all the effort you put into this.

But I'd also like to say once again how impressed I am with the Empire as a whole. I've been experimenting with 1.11.2 for a while already but it's obviously a lot different from being able to play for real, where real obviously means playing on EMC.

I think you're doing an awesome job by making EMC even better than vanilla in some cases. For example: the ability to get a treasure map and then only use when & where you want to is brilliant and very fitting. I also think the added prizes for those are more than fair as well. And when I make comments like these I also keep things in mind which most of us probably take for granted by now, like being able to do /dispose in the waste.

So yeah... felt like sharing. And I even managed to keep this relatively short as well, amazing :D
    GildedSoul248, AlexC__ and Baradar67 like this.
  17. I apologize, that was uncalled for and I shouldn't have said anything more about the glitch:oops:. I really do appreciate all the work you do for the server, so please keep making this server great you've already done so much and I can't wait to see what's awaiting in the future.:D
  18. I have the same thing going on, PM'd devs and chicken said it's got to do with the way potion coloring is handled now.

Also, is there any news on new end gateways not being opened when you kill a new dragon even if the maximum number of gates hasn't been reached?
  19. Well I can tell you from experience being out in the End. Though the gateways are not appearing on the main island they are definitely out on the other islands. Though I would advise not using them to get back as they will drop you off over no island and you will die.
  20. That has to do with the breath thing he shoots at you. Probably client side (I can't fight him either, I lag out and crash).