Empire 1.11.2 Update!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Dec 28, 2016.

1. It does indeed. Don't know what it is about that one particular thing, but I'm certain it's the breath thing, because I'm fine seeing him and him flying around... But the moment the thing hits me, I crash. I'm almost 100% certain it's client side since of course others can handle it, and because I've had my fair share of client-side issues/bugs lately. Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one experiencing the issue though!
    commander_JS and 607 like this.
  2. I think I can come up with a cause: dozens of particles showing up. So my suggestion would be to check your video settings and reduce the display of particles.

Next I can also seriously recommend to consider using Optifine. It's already available for the latest version, you don't need any modloaders (like Forge or LiteLoader) to use it: even Vanilla works. And it can help reduce lag a lot.

If you're playing with Optifine you'll find these settings under: Options => Video Settings => Animations... I have my particle settings set to decreased and some even turned off (void, fireworks, explosion animated).

Maybe that can help?
    commander_JS and 607 like this.
  3. Sadly, this has not helped. I never have my particles on / showing ( My computer does not deal well with lag ). I have every animation turned off, for lag reasons, and particles to a minimal. I also use OptiFine. And still, with both of these, I crash when the thing hits me. I don't think it has to do with lag, at least for me. Thanks anyway, Shel :)
    commander_JS, ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  4. have you tried removing OptiFine to see if that salves the issue?
  5. I can certainly try that, but if it's an Optifine bug/crash, it's certainly odd that I've gotten it while most others haven't -- as quite a number of people of the EMC community tend to use Optifine, including some of my friends who I know have fought the dragon and not had issues.

I'll still try though, as well as trying to remove any of my other stuff, and see if it helps any. If nothing helps in the end, I just may not be able to fight the dragon. It'd be a shame, but it's not the worst thing that could happen :) .
  6. I know it seems like an odd suggestion. but as great as Optifine can be it also has its down sides. for me i didnt run into the same issue you had but it caused more lag for me. there are many online who have had different issues with it.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  7. One more idea... What Minecraft launcher are you using? It might help to download the installer from the Minecraft.net website and re-install.

I've been using the old launcher for ages now and it never really failed me. However; ever since EMC moved to 1.11.2 I have been experiencing more lag (this is why I resorted to Optifine which I've grown to like very much). However.. I still experienced lag spikes from time to time, right up to a point where I'd dig out several blocks, only to get reset and having to start mostly from scratch again.

There have also been stories about a new launcher. So today I figured that I should try and keep things up to date.

I reinstalled Minecraft which installed the 'new' launcher, which turned out to be the old one. But something did change: I used to have D:\Program Files\Minecraft.exe which launched the game, now I have D:\Program Files\Minecraft\MinecraftLauncher.exe which... you get the idea. But there's more: it also downloaded D:\Program Files\Minecraft\runtime\ which is basically a copy of the Java SE 1.8.0_25 runtime. Dated, but only used for Minecraft so I can live with this.

Guess what? I can definitely notice a change where speed and lag is concerned. In a positive way obviously.

So: all I did was download Minecraft again, which got me the MinecraftInstaller.msi (or something close enough). I ran that, re-installed and then I noticed positive results.

Maybe that's something to consider?
    607 likes this.
  8. I'll definitely try that. Thanks, Shel :)
  9. We have poked a bunch at that code. We have not found a reason that the gateways would not be spawning. We are still listening for any helpful details that may indicate a pattern when the gateways spawn or don't spawn. Everytime I have tested, the gateway has spawned...
  10. Just to be sure, you were respawning the dragon several times in the same world correct?
  11. Yup.
  12. Well I'll test it in single player and edit my post with my findings.
    Edit:Killed the original dragon (one that drops an egg) plus 5 player spawned ones and portals opened for each and every kill. On EMC, I killed a dragon, a portal opened, then I had to kill 2 more dragons to get another portal..
  13. And it spawned the dragon head every time?
  14. I killed the Dragon minutes before the new years ball drop on utopia and a head did not appear. I think I mentioned it to you in game.
  15. I amn't talking about heads, but yes on EMC every time I kill the dragon I get a head.
  16. So chickens and villagers? And just as my villager breeder started to improve XD
  17. I've been on some mining sessions now and I am loving the Shulker box! Which brings me to a question: is there any chance that we might get to see a container:shulkerbox flag some day?

When I'm mining with friends then I'd like nothing better for them to be able and place their shulkerboxes to sort out their goodies (they keep most of their stuff in /vault so it's just a matter of placing & emptying) but I don't feel comfortable enough to give them container:chest access (read: access to my entire storage).

Of course there is some motivation here as well: they need to empty their boxes before they can transport their stuff back to their own server. I know I can handle this with an access sign, but figured I could always ask :)

Some people really would like to use their shulkerboxes as full backbacks (place, sort things out and remove) ;)
    607 and lottie1664 like this.
  18. I found other solution!

place access sign 4 someone. if they have build flag they can put shulker box below their sign, then open & remove it. ^.^

607 likes this.
  19. IS this gateway problem on every smp? Just wondering, cause if it is I may have thought of an idea to try.
  20. Haven't tried any of the other smps