18200 Empire Minecraft Museum!

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by FDNY21, Apr 10, 2014.

1. gladranger7 and FDNY21 like this.
  2. Update #63! :p
    • Cupid's Bow information updated
  3. Update #64! :D
    • St Pat's Promo Items put into preview chest (Pot of Gold and Lucky Rabbit's Foot)
    • New information book written for St Pat's items, still awaiting the release of the Lucky Rabbit's Foot Wiki page however
    The R0bbieJo head has been returned to Hashhog now, big thanks to him for loaning the head to the museum for all of this time! :)
    Nickblockmaster and 607 like this.
  4. If I may ask, who is RobbieJo?
  5. If I may answer: she's a very early member of EmpireMinecraft, and former staff. She hasn't been active in a while, though. Her name is spelled as R0bbieJo which is probably why you weren't able to find her profile. (Fendy spelled it correctly but in the font he's using the difference between o and 0 is very small)
    Nickblockmaster and SirCue like this.
  6. Update #65! :)
    • Independence Day Firework 2017 added to the preview fireworks chest
    • Empire Firework 4th July 2017 Firework added to the preview fireworks chest
    • Meteor Bow information edited to accommodate recent releases
    • Added link to the Lucky Rabbit's Foot wiki page
    • Moved Easter items to one preview chest
      • Addition of the Chocolate Bunny
      • Addition of the Carrot Juice item
    • Moved St Pat items preview chest next to other preview chests
    • Moved Max Head item away from preview chests
    • Added Declaration of Independence book and information book
    • Slight adjustments to the showcase room, now open
      • Displaying the 16500 Diamond award from Hashhog
    Big thanks for the Diamond award from Hashhog, owner of the 16500 museum! It's brilliant to have recognition for an amazing museum from an amazing museum, I highly recommend you all check out museums to learn more about special items and see them in person :)

Slowly the museum is starting to rely on more preview chests. This is not my overall plan for the museum look and I will not be transferring most the items to previews but in the future, the promotional items floor may mostly become preview chests. The reason for this is that with a number of years going by, the number of different promos is vastly increasing, which makes it a lot harder to keep it all contained to one space on one floor. The promotional items floor has always been the most populated and with recent additions it has come to my attention that one side of the floor is at full capacity and it won't be long until the other side is. When this is the case, more preview chests will be used on this floor because we do not want to extend the floor or make a new floor as this would require heavy modficiation and it would take away from the original museum look in my opinion. I am sorry if this is a change that people won't like as much in comparison to the normal way of displaying items, but it may be needed in the future...

I think we're up to date! Until the next one! :)
    607 likes this.
  7. I am but a newcomer to the promo arena, although over the last (nearly) 2 years I have amassed a decent collection!

This place was really special--I loved the helpful descriptions and the easy layout. Not to mention the 100M+ worth of items.

But alas, things don't last here, do they...

8. Some people just want to watch the world burn and destroy history. RIP Museum :(
  9. Just no respect for history. Beyond sad. Ive spent alot of time there when I was getting started in the promo game. Something like this should never had been allowed to happen. Former staff and well liked member and now all for nothing.
  10. Oof. :(
  11. I suppose it's about time I addressed this thread! As many of you know, 18200 is no more, force claimed and now just an empty derelict lot. It's certainly sad, I thought my votes were covering it but appears I had a small issue blip with voting just on my FDNY21 account for a few extra days in early October which caused the drop off of just long enough to lose the res. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I probably should have had derelict protection on the account but ultimately what has happened has happened and I don't think there's a lot that can be done for that unfortunately! I could go on about it forever, but it is what it is.

I just wanted to say a massive thanks to those that have helped with the museum over the years, the construction and the items and the donations and the heads, everything. And of course a massive thanks to all of you that actually visited the museum too. I've had so much positive feedback from those visiting the museum and while the museum may be gone those memories will truly last with me and 18200 was the making of me on EMC. I've not been truly active for a few years now as my life has busied up massively and I became a homeowner a few months ago so juggling a big house project with all my cars and work and personal life has been a struggle but onwards and upwards! While my life has progressed so much I still appreciate all the happy memories on EMC, and as they all say, all good things must come to an end... so with that, #RIP18200

Gone but never forgotten! All of those that need to remember the true 18200 will always remember it so thanks to those people :)

Thanks for the kind words Dras, I'm glad you liked the museum and I hope the memories of the museum do stay with you! The museum had a good run and I'm glad it helped as many people as it did over those years!
    :rolleyes:
    There will always be one! I hope you remember the museum for all the good it did, while it may be gone I still want it to be remembered in a positive light :)
    Thanks for your comment, I agree it's beyond sad and I am so saddened to see all the history disappear. I am happy you spent a lot of time there though and I hope you remember it for all the good it did. It's gone but not forgotten <3

---

And to the one that force claimed it deliberately, cheers

If anyone wishes to see what has had me busy over the last few months then here is our first house video, there are updates on the channel beyond this video. Thanks everyone. It has been a pleasure.
  12. Oh man! I can’t believe that it’s gone. Fendy you had a beast of a grand museum! That was a champion build full of history and architectural beauty!!!

I had the honor of attending events held at the museum long ago and I must say that I am sad to see it is a loss. It was an irreplaceable piece and a great foothold for many of us amongst the community.

All the struggles, the long hours, and the heartwarming memories, were only possible because it started with you.

Thank you for making that possible and I’m grateful to have been a part of it. Congratulations on your house as well. I hope that everything gets better while you get situated with your own life! Cheers 🍻
    607, FDNY21 and ThaKloned like this.
  13. This very thing is why I always felt the need to keep my items in my vaults. I've been collecting since I won a Rudolph egg at my very first Fire Floor way back in Dec of 2014. It's places like yours, hashhogs and many others that was a source of knowledge, wonder and some wishing :p

Not all is lost though. If wanted, a download could be provided to restore the building itself (maybe some extra promos I have too).
    607, BlockHead_56 and FDNY21 like this.
  14. You have an awesome home, plenty of character and projects, but the way I see it that is a big part of the enjoyment of owning an older home.
    607, BlockHead_56 and FDNY21 like this.
  15. Thank you Nick, I'm glad you got to enjoy it too! It has been so long since we held events here but I'm glad the memories are still strong!

I cannot even begin to imagine the amount of time it took to build it up with help from everyone involved and it's a shame to see it go but I'll always remember it! Big thanks to you and everyone else that were part of the epic journey :)

Onwards and upwards, the real life house can be my museum now!
    A download would be great please, it would be awesome to remember it like that! Promos wise I feel like a lot of it was irreplaceable, I do actually have a very extensive promo collection at my home res still but the one of ones and the mega rare items are sadly something I'll never really be able to replace! I'm glad you enjoyed the museum and I don't blame you for vaulting the items, admittedly I should have had derelict protection but we are where we are!

---

I know the chances are basically nil but I have put it forward to staff that if somehow the building could be restored then I'd be happy to pass the baton to another owner to run it, but ultimately I think it is all gone, my fault at the end of the day! I did try to claim the derelict 18200 res back with my alt but the new 6 month forceclaim rule means I cannot take it back anyway, so for now, it's over and out. Thanks again everyone!
    Tuqueque, datNilex, 607 and 3 others like this.
  16. Thank you, it keeps me busy! I love the character of it too, it certainly tells a story and now it's something I can make my own :)
    Tuqueque, 607, farmerguyson and 2 others like this.
  17. Great to here from you here, FDNY! :D
    FDNY21 likes this.