18200 Empire Minecraft Museum!

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by FDNY21, Apr 10, 2014.

1. It is the lure of the Golden Apple, you can add it to the details of the item if you wish.
  2. I can only add a small sentence per item using my current button system, I'll think about what to put in when I put the item up soon. Thanks again Foxy, adding you to the loan list on the main page now :)
  3. Update #56! :)
    • Added FoxyRavenger's head to the head floor!
    • 2016 New Year Aikar Head added to the Event Items floor!
    • Added UHC Golden Apple to the Event Items floor!
    • Added all three Blizz Ard items to the Mob Drops and Misc. floor!
    • Renamed the 60k items and starter set floor the Celebratory Kits floor!
    • Added the 100k member items to the Celebratory Kits floor!
    • Reduced price of the ex-museum book in the gift shop to 29,999r!
    • Removed Labor Bench in the gift shop and added another ex-museum book!
    Remember, you can request sentences under your head still if you like. The ones that were there previously were wiped when we did that museum upgrade last year!
    I was thinking of perhaps adding my head to the gift shop some time too, but I'm not sure yet - I've probably said that lots of times by now... :p
    Enjoy the updates!
  4. I like musea. In real life. As such I'm also intrigued by musea in-game. Esp. on a server I like as much as EMC.

I'll be perfectly honest: I play favourites in this case. Well, that and your museum is on the worst possible location ever for me because it's on SMP9 and Aya and me are waaaay out in the Frontier on that awesome server.

BUT... I have an alt! :cool:

Why I respond? Because you earned a major respect point with me: "Respect the "competition"". That post you did wasn't just a post to me, it was well meant. Well, the other requirement / pro point is that just like that "other museum" you've been around for quite a while as well. So yeah, I'm definitely going to check yours out through my alt at first and yah... I'll probably come out myself too, maybe even bring a friend we'll see.

But one way or the other: kudo's to you as well!
    607 and FDNY21 like this.
  5. I treat the museums on this server as a joint effort to show others custom EMC items, rather than treat them all as "other opposition". I'm not running a mall, I'm running a fun place for people to go and learn and I'm happy that other people make museums too - I couldn't possible pick a favourite museum myself, all of them are great!

I believe my museum was the second to open, after Mman's museum on SMP7, Faithcaster and Hashhog are two notable players with great museums that built after me too. What's great is that they're all on different servers, so we have a wider spread, and more players can experience what we all have to offer!

Thank you for your reply and I hope you enjoy the museum when you check it out! Let me know what you think when you visit and if you have any, feel free to give a little constructive criticism - I feel like the museum isn't just "mine", not even just "SMP9's", but I'd say that it's one of the server's museums, and everyone can come and enjoy it!

Tl;dr: I wouldn't say museums are a competition, but I'd say that we're all working together to help other players learn and experience other items that they wouldn't experience if they were locked away in a chest - I hope you enjoy the museum when you check it out!
    607, ShelLuser and Hashhog like this.
  6. Amazing work Fendy!! :D
    FDNY21 likes this.
  7. Thank you very much, plamy! ^_^
  8. Did some more updates to the heads floor :)
  9. Bumping for those that haven't seen the update yet. Should be all updated now, but I need to check on the description of the Pot of Gold later to see if it's still alright!
  10. Just checked and the Pot of Gold information is okay - enjoy! :)
  11. Bump :) If I've missed anything then let me know, but all should be added now! All new promos and information updated!
  12. I can't like this post enough. All of this was very well said. :) To support your point, when I find out another museum owner has managed to display an awesome item (such as the UHC Golden Apple) I don't feel jealous or competitive; the way I and other museum owners see it, we're just happy to see it displayed somewhere rather than being hidden from view. And the more museums that are out there, the more items, rare and not, that are going to be displayed, and that's awesome. It's so cool to me that EMC's community is tightly knit and friendly enough to support so many museums with such enthusiasm, and I think that we as museum owners make it our business to return that support by working together to create the greatest displays possible. :)
    Acemox2k, 607 and FDNY21 like this.
  13. Thank you Hash! It's a view I've had ever since I've opened the museum! Super rare items should be showed off just as much as other custom items and having them tucked away in a chest is nice for the owner but I wanted people to learn about the other items too and having them somewhere is what's great :) Each museum has its own special items that are exclusive to it - you'll have items that I won't, Faith's museum will have items I won't, I'll have items that you won't too, but at the end of the day, we're all doing the same thing and giving other people places to go to see items that they wouldn't usually see and giving them a hub for information! I've never met a museum owner that thought that their museum had to be better than anyone else and had to have it make them money, all the owners I know do it out of their own pocket and just want to do it to help people and that's why the community is so great! :D
    607 and Hashhog like this.
  14. Truth
  15. Your museum included, another great one in the chain that people can attend to and enjoy, and another museum with items that others won't have too! Lots of friendly owners that support each other is what makes the museum chain so great! :)
    607 likes this.
  16. I've reduced Vault Vouchers down to 10.5k for now. Go grab yourself some cheap Vouchers from 18200 Gift Shop today! Before I change my mind :p Lots of other items in stock too, recently restocked so take a look! :)
  17. Reduced ex-info books down to 25k, almost half the original price! Get them before they go, I plan on getting another item in the shop soon! Head on down to the 18200 Gift Shop today!
    Eviltoade likes this.
  18. Restocked the map art and restocked the 2014 cakes in the gift shop! Come on down and take a look at the museum today! :)
  19. Updated the heads section :)
    wildbeast23, SirTah and Eviltoade like this.
  20. Restocked Dragon Egg Guides and lowered Vault Voucher price to 9,999r a piece! Super cheap now! Get them before I change my mind! :p