Windows 10: EMC's Recommendation and Win10MC

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Still slowly if you ignore the pile of problems that windows 10 is nice. and offcorse you replaced the menu for classic shell. the tiles are terrible... useless.
    Perry_Stahlsis likes this.
  2. Afraid i need to skip windows 10 for a while. it gives problems with some software.
  3. I've had no issues yet. Kind of like the new start button. Once you customize it to what you wanna see your all set.
  4. So a little while ago I tried to download the Windows 10 ISO through legit channels and all I ended up with was a useless error message. Microsoft has a way with weird error messages, but I had a hunch that I knew what was causing these problems for me. And sure enough: it was partially my own doing, though I still stand by what I wrote earlier: the error messages could have been much more descriptive.

Keyword: administrative access.

When I was using the previously mentioned MediaCreationTool.exe I did so using my own (unprivileged) account while using the "Run as administrator" menu option. That failed. So this evening I simply switched accounts and logged on using the administrator account, used this tool again and this time the ISO downloaded without any problems.

Figured I'd share this too ;)
    Keliris likes this.
  5. For my problem with some program, it looks i can work around it for now. it's because my system is usig 125% dpi setsting. and some program i use really don't like that for years. and more people reported problems but that company keeps ignoring it.

So, mabye i can finaly do clean install very soon of windows 10. still need to decide.

And ShelLuser, i know soemone else that have hugh problems with activating windows 10. your not alone.
  6. I upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 last night. I couldn't be happier. No problems with any programs, even VPN. All games, even minecraft, play faster. I use a SSD for games and loads are almost instantaneous. With 8.1 there was always a second or two wait.
  7. How do you get the update, anyways? I am using8.1, but cant find the place where you can innstall the update.
  8. W10MC is just a port of pocket edition lol. So basically a minecraft that looks very bad, has very few blocks and features compared to the real game, costs $9.99, and is basically only good for people with bad computers that cannot possibly upgrade that only want to play single player.
    Penguinub, 607 and Keliris like this.
  9. It's intended to takeover the main Java version. Don't doubt it too much. Microsoft are putting a lot of money into it.
    EntityAI and 607 like this.
  10. I am experiencing no major problems. Only problems I have is Microsoft Edge missing some nice features. I said screw that and moved back to chrome.
    Keliris likes this.
  11. 607 and SkyDragonv8 like this.
  12. It is supposed to be a port of pocket edition which will be able to run on windows phone, xbox, tablets, and computers. It is free for anyone that already bought the Java version and is really made for those people. In the long term they are hoping to have it be nearly identical to Java version and be compatible with all other versions. Performance wise, it is amazing considering normal version gets 30fps on tiny with optifine while that runs incredibly smooth at a crazy far render distance.
    607 likes this.
  13. I am thinking of upgrading, is it time yet? Or should I wait a little longer? I have a tiny little lenovo, and I am afraid windows 10 is too much for it. Should I upgrade or nah?
  14. As far as hardware - you should not be worried about being able to run Windows 10 if you can already run 7 or 8. 7 is the most intensive, 8 can run on lower spec hardware, and 10 is even lower than that.
    FluffeMarshmallo and 607 like this.
  15. Phew. I had canceled my reservation last night, but it updated anyway :/ That's good to hear.
  16. i figured i could put my two cents in here, i've been running windows 10 for the last month?

.... its so beautiful, its so fast, its so everything very perfect <3
  17. For those wondering, you all have until July the 29th, 2016 until your Win10 reservation becomes invalid so you all have a while to decide. I personally will probably get it some time later on this year but I thought that might be useful to some of you ;)
    607 and battmeghs like this.
  18. But, you can also safely keep Windows 7 until January 14th, 2020. If you already got Windows 8, you can even keep that until January 10th, 2023.