Windows 10: EMC's Recommendation and Win10MC

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Jul 30, 2015.

1. IIRC, she uses a Mac, so it doesn't make sense in any way lol:p
  2. It's still free!
    MegaSwifty likes this.
  3. That you for the very useful info as for a mac user as i HATE windows i still find the need to know this info
  4. Aside from auto update. *Shivers*
  5. You can turn that off now.
    MegaSwifty and boozle628 like this.
  6. I d
    You see, I'm good with the MC I already have.
  7. Cool. But what happened to Windows 9?
  8. The team that was working on Windows 9 was cancelled and added to the team working on Windows 10, because Microsoft found that Windows 10 was simply better in every single way, and that way they could release Windows 10 early.
    Mayoman100 likes this.
  9. Lol. Microsoft decided that windows should jump to 10 for marketing reasons (macs are on 10 and people might think 10>9 so they get a Mac) although it was also discussed that it could be because some programs will check if the windows version begins with "windows 9" to identify 95 or 98 versions of windows. This would create some problems.

Also, both windows 10 and Minecraft beta 10 are FREE so not really sure why people are saying "Microsoft is going to take all of my monies because microsoft!!!!" they are actually starting to embrace open source and not being a business jerk. As for updating, you should be fine for the most part. Unless you specifically asked for them to deliver to you first, you will be at one of the last waves anyway.
    ShelLuser, 607 and PenguinDJ like this.
  10. Updated from Win 7 to Windows 10 yesterday. The update was seamless and it kept all of my previous software & files. I was able to update through a Windows Update but I read that some users where having issues in having it pop up for them. Those users ended up just going to the Microsoft website & upgrading from there.

Anyway, I like the new layout and features. I haven't had any issues yet. There is a Windows feedback app where one can suggest new ideas & report bugs. There is one thing I noticed, I'm unable to play DVD's or Blu-ray's. I read that Microsoft will add the ability to play DVD's in the future. I'm not sure about Blu-ray's though.
    MegaSwifty likes this.
  11. You should download VLC. According to their website, it has the ability to play from DVD's and is an all around great Multimedia player.
    607 and Slip_Stream like this.
  12. That's free too if you log into your mojang account it gives you a code to redeem windows 10 mince after for free...
    MegaSwifty likes this.
  13. Thank god.
  14. I just tried out the minecraft windows 10 beta and I realized I will never use it. Why use it when you have pc? I do like Windows 10 so far but thats because its not really that different to an average windows user like me.
  15. I'm still using Windows 7. But I don't care really... As long as Fallout 4 works I'm fine.
  16. That's not how you count to 10 silly.

It's: 1, 2, 3, 95, 98, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10.

Hope this helps.
  17. .... been running dev versions forever... It's pretty stable..
    Gawadrolt and GloriousKoch like this.
  18. well I think at this rate it might be a month before I even get to download it. reserved it like 2 months ago... it came out 2 or 3 days ago and i'm still not able to get it haha, taking forever
  19. Sounds fun, that was just what I heard from an earlier report on Microsoft. I must say, the Windows 10 Beta Minecraft was almost a waste of my time to download since its the same as the Xbox MC, but I guess I cant complain about free haha.
  20. pssst... you forgot ME and server 2k3.. :p
    dresden72 likes this.