Windows 10: EMC's Recommendation and Win10MC

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Jul 30, 2015.

1. It's a port of the pocket edition so I don't think it will ever support multiplayer. I might be wrong though.
  2. Yeah, the only multiplayer it will ever have is with pocket edition and the holozens. Could possibly be compatible with xbox version as well when the xbox one gets an os update
    Edit: but they would have to update console Mc to ha e the same blocks and features as W10 mc
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  3. Pocket edition does have multiplayer; lan, realms, and servers.
  4. I mean PC servers, such as EMC.
  5. Yeah win10 version is just a pocket edition for windows devices
  6. Being a beta tester for Windows 10 since Late October/Early November (via the Windows Insider Program), I do have to say that I have encountered my fair share of bugs, and even the occasional B.S.O.D. (Blue Screen of Death) mainly caused by "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA" which was fixed by simply updating my graphics drivers. I do have to say one thing though, it is a MAJOR improvement from Windows 8/8.1.
    Lachlan61 likes this.
  7. 107th. MAC FOR THE WIN!!

In all seriousness, thanks for warning people about this stuff.
  8. It's only 107th if you count the original post... if youre talking about replies then you're 106th :D
  9. Has anyone seen a way to do a fresh install of windows 10 after upgrading? I hate just simply installing a new version over an old one. I must rather have a fresh install. Can this be done with Windows 10 without a key?

EDIT: And if you do not like Windows 10 and do a format, can Windows 7 still be reinstalled or will that key no longer be any good?
  10. to just wipe your old windows 7/8 with install of windows 10 you can use this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 pretty sure you cant reinstall...
  11. Well, not complete happy with windows 10, it also give some problems with software. i don't like the upload tool.

For ThaKloned, you can use the media creation tool to download the iso and burn that to dvd. after you have done the upgrade and activation first you can do a clean install with the dvd

https://www.google.nl/search?q=windows 10 media creation tool&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=eRTJVZHOKMT3aI3KiNgF

Again:

Always do first a upgrade on your existing operating system and make sure it's windows 10 is really activated. before you do a clean installation of windows 10.

This is needed because microsoft is using your hardware as identification to activate your windows after a clean install. you don't get any key !
  12. Ya that part I get, the upgrading. I mean after that. Will my windows 7 key still let me activate windows 7 if I format and get rid of windows 10.
  13. I don't see why it would not work. never got problems with that in previous windows versions.
  14. This doesn't answer your question, but if you can't find an answer, you can use Windows Loader 2.2.2 by Daz. It will auto activate any version of Win7. You can find it on any torrent site. I used it after Windows "forgot" my key, and I am still able to get a free upgrade to Win10.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  15. Well I upgraded from 7 to 10, created the bootable disc and did a fresh install. It's saying that windows is activated so I guess it worked :p
  16. If your computer came preinstalled with Windows 7 then you just need to make sure you use an oem copy of Windows 7 which is the version manufacturers use.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  17. Make sure you ever made a recovery disk on your windows 7. if it where preinstalled. Problem is only that it works every time different to create one.
  18. Updated a few days ago, Display driver keeps crashing - I will eventually figure out the problem but any tips are welcome - I use a laptop HP Envy touchsmart 15 - it all worked fine with 8.1
  19. Have you tried downloading the latest drivers from Nvidia's website (I think that is the card in that laptop)
    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=en-us