The town is growing!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Krysyy, Mar 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeah, more room for people
  2. While I sympathize with your position, it is a gross exaggeration to say it is "screwing over tons of people." There are 4 corners per server, x 10 servers (counting Utopia). That's a grand total of 40, who may potentially feel slighted - out of several thousand active and over 200,000 registered players.

I don't fault you for your opinion, but please try to keep some perspective in your arguments.
  3. Regarding more servers or bigger towns, it is not that another server needs more hardware / computing resources, it is much more per player thing. An idle server without many players consumes very little computing resources. A player with large farms and/or redstone contraptions consumes processing power. Towns consume a lot because there are numerous flag checks / entity checks for every move that a player or a NPC makes.

I think res claiming in the wild (Frontier) will probably significantly reduce the stress on the town.

More people should mean more income for EMC and more computing power. I suggest to all long-term active members to support EMC at least with like $3 per month - that's $36 per year.
    IMO, it would be best to have a supporter category with just "reserved slot", derelict protection and perhaps supporter chat for $36 per year - and to strongly advise (long-term) active members to get at least that rank.

A town growing is something you need to take into account, something that goes together with having a border / corner res. I see that as a natural process - so it is neither "fair" nor "unfair".
    ShelLuser and Nickblockmaster like this.
  4. Great! I'm Getting a new next-door neighbor!
  5. You can if you want too. :p
  6. This is highly expected of you. It would be a shame if for some reason you didn't do this.

The outer edge of town. One new ring of residences so the town will be a 41x41 square vs. the current 39v39
  7. Hold up, if Utopia is the 1st server then that means that SMP9 is the 10th server ;-;
  8. This is no longer a town, but turning into a City! This is what EMC needs to do, expand.
  9. Or iron supporter for $5 monthly. :p
    I k ow many people think iron supporter is pointless, but it isn't. I might even go iron, you get map hide and a reserved slot. Don't know what else to ask for ;)
  10. I have to agree with penfoldex up there that it would be funny if you guys would set up something like is seen in the main picture before laying out the new areas. But I can also see that such object moves could very well take more time than the expansion itself ;)

I think its great to see that the Empire is expanding.
    penfoldex likes this.
  11. Aww... I just got my second residence at smp3 because Utopia was full :/ might unclaim it, there isnt anything on it anyways c:
  12. If you're going to claim a new residence somewhere then it will help to check the server overview page, according to that list there should be 9 residences available in Utopia right now.

Now, I know you said that there's nothing on your residence yet, but if there was then you can ask senior staff to move it for you. They can even move residences across servers. Although it does cost rupees it might be easier than having to rebuild stuff :)

Hope this helps.
    607, Chocolove132 and Nickblockmaster like this.
  13. Awesome! :) I think I might be introducing another player soon! Like in around 2 weeks or so! :)
    Lockdown32 and ShelLuser like this.
  14. NOOO. I like to live on the edge so no other res cover up my res in the 3D map :c i'll need to change it then
    ShelLuser and EfficiencyV like this.
  15. I get map hide. :rolleyes:
  16. We've done this numerous times in the last few months because the derelict system cannot keep up. Cleaning up utopia this last time only gave us back 10 residences which are disappearing like smoke if they aren't gone completely. Some servers, like Utopia, smp1, and smp2 (at the least) keep filling up so the admins reached the decision to officially add the residences. It's a decision that we feel is necessary to support incoming players without decreasing the derelict time once again.
    The other option was to make 2 towns per server side-by-side and make each server have 2 spawns, merging currently existing smps and opening new towns. We decided that was too much upheaval and many more people would be upset than the plan we ultimately decided on. All plans are not just decided on a whim. These discussions have been going on for months before the trigger was pulled.
  17. Staff,
    Please do something similar to one of the below options to be fair to the people with reses on town corners and edges:

1. Leave a ring of grass at least 64 wide around town before you add a ring of reses.
    This will keep all corner and edge reses similar.
    There could be connecting town roads if you felt it necessary.

2. Give All corner and edge of town reses a free move to the new adjacent res.
    So corner reses will get the new corner, edge reses will get the adjacent edge.
    Players have like 1 week to say yes they want to move for free, or else they stay where they are.
    After the 1 week and the moves, the remaining reses are open to everyone.

There is no reason to give free or discount moves to people that are Not town corner or edge reses, because they are not directly affected, as we are.

Please do something that is close to fair, please.
    And please do not listen just to people that are not even directly affected by this.
    Changing town corner reses into regular reses is a big deal to those res owners and it is Not good.
    Uber_Corq likes this.
  18. Your view of fair is slightly slanted. What if a person picked a res near the edge of town because they like the look of the edge res? What if new players who are auto claimed a res in the suggested wide ring don't realize they are purposely isolated from town? There are countless other reasons about why others besides edge res owners are affected by this as well.
  19. This will likely not be the last time the town is expanded. I understand your aversion to this decision, but offering free res moves to players on the edges and corners that will only end up in the situation again in a few months is unfair in itself. If we offered a free move to those on the edge due to their surroundings changing, we should also offer it to any player that doesn't like their neighbors' residences, etc. The Empire towns are growing and the players have made it clear in the Empire survey that they do not want the residence derelict system lowered at all for voting, thus players continue to vote and keep their residences. Therefore, something still has to be done and adding smp10 is not going to be it.
  20. Can we rename the Town to the Empire?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.