The Second New Republic

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by ocelot3101, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Some of the best leaders in the world were dictators.
    You need an option C
    Neither.
  2. Who were best leaders in the world who were dictators?
    And it's been decided,we are now Afrene.
  3. Hitler
    Stalin
    Their countries prospered.
    They both made bad choices
    But they also made a lot of good ones.
    Also, good job listening to the communities thoughts on a third NR.
    L0tad likes this.
  4. Hitler,was NOT a good leader.
  5. Stalin and hitler aren't exactly the best leaders. They were, however, very smart, and knew how to "brainwash" people and manage their country.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  6. Oh yes, I see, because bringing his country out of one of the biggest economic depressions of all time in which it became cheaper to burn money than to buy wood is a terrible idea.
    I see.
    Everyone makes mistakes.
    Yes, they were terrible people at heart, but they both had their high points as leaders.
  7. Hitler was someone who I count as absolutely horrible,he was not a good leader.
  8. He was not a good person, but he was a great leader.
  9. Although I tend to agree with most of the things you've said, holding up two of the most infamous dictators in modern history as good examples of leadership is not a wise move when trying to make your point. They may have had some positive effects on their respective countries, but they did so at the cost of millions of innocent lives and are historically regarded as monsters.
    *EDIT: And trivializing genocide with a phrase like "Everyone makes mistakes" is... just, no. Taking the wrong exit on the highway is a mistake. Forgetting to mail a bill on time is a mistake. Ordering the deaths of thousands is not a mistake, it's an atrocity, and it would be unwise to confuse the two.

If you want examples of great authoritarian leaders, try someone like Josip Broz Tito. His leadership over Yugoslavia during the Cold War could be regarded as a model for any would-be "benevolent dictators" to follow. On the whole however, dictatorships are generally only good for the ones doing the dictating.
  10. Edit: I got schooled by Dwihgt
  11. Hitler was insane, paranoid, and quite an evil person. What he did was absolutely horrible and one of the larger coffee stains on Earth's shirt.

That being said, he did what he thought was best for his people, and the way he went about it showed he had an amazing mind and ideas. For someone who was not a good leader, he sure did lead his troops to doing some amazing things in his eyes.
  12. I'm thinking we should split off all these discussions about Hitler and dictators off into another thread. Maybe one where we discuss which head of state, current or historical, is best at running a country? :p
    L0tad and mba2012 like this.
  13. We'll leave you to do that :p
    L0tad likes this.
  14. You're right - I should have said not all leaders are good at heart.
    L0tad likes this.
  15. I have say something here. Hilter was a poor strategist and undermind his military staff decisions. One of his 'wise" decisions was to invade Russia in the winter without proper equipment and stay in Stalingrad after taking heavy loses. Another one was moving large number of German troops from Normandy. Last one I'm going to say here declaring War against United States few days after Peral Harbor. He didn't have to do that because most Americans didn't want get involved in other European war and end result of that action he woke up a sleeping giant the American industries. Now his military staff like Erwin Rommel Aka The desert fox was a brilliant man was and still respected by many military forces.
    ZBSDKryten, 72Volt and Kephras like this.
  16. And thus I get schooled by Dwight as usual :p
    72Volt likes this.
  17. Congratulations people, Godwin's law has come under effect.

Look, can we just kill the name New Republic at this point?
    jkjkjk182, L0tad, mba2012 and 2 others like this.
  18. It always happens Legit, and no matter how much you kill something it will always come back.

The NR has become the exact definition of insanity.
  19. How about the "Butchered to death Republic"?
    jkjkjk182, L0tad and mba2012 like this.
  20. Sounds good to me...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.