The Second New Republic

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by ocelot3101, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You have not touched it yet,so it is still mine.
  2. Untrue.
    I have touched it, and made changed such as appointing new advisors.
  3. My recommendation to everyone is to forget this ever happened, and just leave the place alone. If you own something their, either use it as if it isn't in an outpost, or move out. I think it's now going to be up to a mod, or someone who can work out this situation, to tell us who has rights to the land.
  4. or, tnt the place
    L0tad, Mrlegitislegit and EffinBatman like this.
  5. Staff has decided that I'm not allowed to run this, so bye.
  6. For a minute there this place almost sounded like a place I would like to live in...
    but its nothing like the NR still.
  7. As old Will Shakesword once said - "Much Ado About Nothing" :rolleyes:
    mba2012, L0tad, penfoldex and 2 others like this.
  8. Yes :p
    L0tad and penfoldex like this.
  9. As it was dissolved,which honestly gave me lots of time to think,I've been thinking.
    How about a vote?
    If you want a 3rd NR,say Option A.
    If you want a random blob of community,say Option B.
  10. Do that and it's /report wildbeast23 TNT Griefing
  11. Misuse of the report system, in his current state he can't even place tnt.
    NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. Try again in several months. All you are going to get is yes's from those who were slightly content with the outpost, and nothing else due to the rest of us having serious concussions and severely broken hands after reading "3rd NR" so soon.
  12. Kit, perhaps it is best you take a break form this. As we have seen, the NR concept will not work, ever. Its dead, and we would prefer to keep it that way. That being said, go to town and take a break form the wild. Open a shop or something cool. In a few months, you may get some new ideas. There will be more opportunities to start outposts then.

That being said,I think we should assign a caretaker of the area that NR claimed. Either a person or another outposts that will maintain it while we figure out what to do with it. I say outpost wise, Estona or the GER. Eventually, I would like to see it become a "gateway" to a new area in the wild where outposts can cluster together (I plan on building a rail line out west to help with crowding and encourage more people to go out to the wild)
    SteamedEcko likes this.
  13. I was saying if he did that I would SERIOUSLY do that.
    And did ANY of you notice Option B?
    And it was a VOTE for crying out loud,you were all telling me to have "votes",so what is it now,be Mr.Dictator?
  14. You presented it as an option, and it would very easily because reality if it was popular opinion, it is a vote. When you vote on something, you weigh both of the options. He thought about an NR3, and that is not what he wants, so voiced his opinion. I don't think you get how this is supposed to work. Anyways, I vote it becomes a sub outpost of a larger one for the time being, or we just demolish the place if all the residence agree. No point in having a ghost town :)

You need to let other people voice their opinions, you are not the only one that matters. The fact that you cant let someone speak kinda makes you abit of a directer anyways. The irony is killing me right now, and this pool of blood form the face desk when I saw NR3 :)
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  15. Only a OPTION...
  16. Yes, but look at politics. When a candidate says something to the extreme, lets say (not trying to make a political statement) , but they will stop people from going the the internet, everyone will jump on him. A vote is asking people for their opinions, he voiced his, you have a problem with that. You need the chill out abit, and perhaps learn abit about how a proper democracy is supposed to work.

And also, I noted option B, but either the uproar you created with option A outweighs option B, or just no one like option B or A, and want something elce to happen. That is the unspoken option C in politics, "other". Just wondering, what country are you in, so I can relate its politics to what is happening here. I am not sure if my analogies make sense to you, but they are based on the American system.
    jkjkjk182, Leopard_Knight and mba2012 like this.
  17. Well,3rd NR might end up coming after 3 billion readings of the original thread,.
    But not for a LONG time,and it's still only a tiny chance in a LONG time.
  18. The original thread won't help. If you want to learn anything about to to run an NR like outpost on EMC, you need to listen to the advice that we've been giving you all throughout the duration of this thread.
  19. Agreed.
    Righty-o,off to go and read some things about Politics.
  20. If you are dead set on trying this agen, it might be wise to get a mentor on EMC outpost politics. It takes a good deal of reading, and studding to find out how the best way to run it is. Me and 72Volt wrote the book on the subject, and study the original NR thread. The trick it to find out ways that don't work, and try to avoid them. I would be more than willing to show you how to properly run an outpost government, but not like the NR, as show, that idea is dead.
    Leopard_Knight, mba2012 and smile3 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.