The Second New Republic

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by ocelot3101, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Things in common with 1st NR:
    We failed.
    Godwin's Law won.
    EffinBatman likes this.
  2. We became Afrene last night.
    We are a bit less Second Neorepublican now...
  3. Godwin's Law was designed as a critique of people who compare others to Hitler or the Nazis in a personal attack, not people like Jacob who brought up Hitler in a point relating to the greatest world leaders.

Hey now, in my defense (as the guy who started the whole NR thing in the first place), the insanity did not come from my idea of the NR. It came from the people involved with it, people unable to agree and move forward on issues.
    jkjkjk182 and mba2012 like this.
  4. Now we're Afrene.
  5. What about me??? /jk

The idea looks good on paper, but, like Communism, just can't function in practice.
  6. L0tad,if you need me to talk to for longer,I'm on now.
  7. I believe it can, we just need the expertise and leadership. We also need the constitution and law sorted out from the beginning, to prevent fatal arguments.
    I'm more focused on Concordia now. Complex representative democracy with multiple branches of government is out, direct delegative democracy with a constitutional monarchy is the way forward. :cool:
  8. Oh I in no way have anything against the NR, I thought it was an amazing thing from the start, but as you and others have said it moved too fast. The insanity refers to someone else creating the NR exactly and expecting a different result. At the beginning the NR was awesome, I fully enjoyed it, and if it was still here (Minus past arguments) I believe it would be one of the best, if not the best, outposts on EMC.
    mba2012 likes this.
  9. Define "we", and I assume this was decided on the server?
  10. Or a Pm.
  11. Always looking for something of mine to be critical about,aren't you?
  12. I'm sure he's making sure, that since this was a group project, that the entire group decided and not just the leader. He's concerned, not critical.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  13. Lukafolz and Harrtv don't mind,the rest I haven't got in touch with yet.
    Anyway,I'm not bulldozing the town,so it dosen't really matter.
  14. Well, given what this thread has become, and that "The 2nd NR" as an entity is no more, I might suggest asking a mod to close this one up and start a new "Afrene" thread, with updated details. Though if the name is the only thing changing, perhaps not - doesn't matter what you call it if the underlying problems aren't resolved.
    jkjkjk182, L0tad and mba2012 like this.
  15. We are now done with,this will probably be the last post ever made on this thread.
    But remember,we will still live on,in Afrene!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.