The Second New Republic

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by ocelot3101, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (Puts on his best French accent)
    "Your poor gra-mmar is like a gi-ant slap, in my-uh face!"
  2. I am truly sorry about that, but I was just too angry to focus on grammatical and spelling errors and the such, that and I suck at English. :)
    mba2012 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  3. Just wanted to let you know Blackwood is now a province of Estona
  4. Do you think I care about your expansion?
  5. Please don't be rude.
  6. Mabey someone else in this thread might care :)
    RainbowChin, jkjkjk182 and L0tad like this.
  7. No,Estona is complaining about Lukafolz and I talking about Snowv on their thread,but they find it acceptable to post about Blackwood on my thread?
  8. I never complained about that I was just asking to not talk about our nation outside of our thread. How did you think I was talking to luka?
  9. Dude, chill out, RELAX .... Breath in one two, out one two
  10. ok everyone chill and eat a snickers bar, we all get angry when were hungry
    devon699 likes this.
  11. I believe the commercial is "You're not your when you're hungry..." :p
    SteamedEcko and devon699 like this.
  12. Nether, you get forgetful when your hungry, have this:

0005_SNICKERS_Bar.jpg
    wildbeast23 and devon699 like this.
  13. Thanks but I prefer Twix, besides this thread isn't about chocolate candy. :p
  14. lol
  15. Well guys, look who it is. Its been roughly two months, and seeing as I'm not longer mad at the decisions made by the staff, and seeing as how the community has calmed down, I might start to come back to EMC, and for my first post back on the site, I'll give my opinions on this.

If you want my TL;DR opinion on this, its "PR disaster."

This outpost suffers from a few things, but it seems the biggest problem is immature leadership. We have a leader who has no PR ability and no problem solving ability. The leader cannot communicate with the community in a mature fashion, and due to this, the Second NR will never rise, so either it needs a new leader, or the current leader needs to grow up a bit. Listen to what l0tad is saying. He was like you when he first got into the wild. Immature, unwilling to listen to the community, and a littler temperamental. But now he has become a good leader in the wild, showing both the ability to listen and to compromise on his ideas. The leader of this outpost is like how l0tad used to be, and if he wants this outpost to take off, he needs to drop his overinflated ego and listen to what others in the wild community have to say.

Another problem we have here is the outpost itself. Look, you can keep adding territory to the outpost, but unless you actually have people wanting to fill it and use it, it has no point in being part of the outpost. The idea of a large governing body in an outpost also just isn't efficient. Sure, it might look good on paper, but you are using this idea on EMC, a Minecraft server with a lot of people who might not fully understand government. (I don't mean this in a bad way, I just mean that government isn't an easy thing to conduct.) Governments in outposts can work on a small scale, such as having the community as a whole vote on ideas, or having a mayor who gets voted in every month or so by the outpost's community, but a full scale democracy with a parliament, senate, and a Prime Minister just isn't worth trying to put together on EMC, or most Minecraft servers for the matter.

If you want more of my opinions, feel free to ask. And I'm sorry if I sounded harsh, but this outpost has some serious problems, and the leader needs to step up or let it crumble under its weight.
    smile3, 72Volt, L0tad and 11 others like this.
  16. It has also come to my attention by WildBeast23 that the leader of this outpost has been saying some rather snide remarks about Estona and possibly other outposts, such as "We declare war on Estona."

Really, you want the wild community to respect you while declaring "war" on other outposts. My god you don't understand how respect works. You don't just ask for respect and get it, you get respect by earning it, and being absolutely rude to others and their outposts is not how you earn it, so like I said before, grow up a little bit or find a new leader.

I hate seeing outposts fail, but if you can't gather yourself up and actually lead this outpost as a respectable person, this outpost will fail, and I won't feel bad about it. The outpost you are basing your own on failed because of corruption and rudeness, and so will yours if you cannot get it together.
    smile3, L0tad, EffinBatman and 7 others like this.
  17. You know,I'm actually so amazed at that speech I will listen to it.
  18. Staff member asking here "what does going to war with other wild community mean?" If I think I know actually means Griefing/Stealing, setting traps and Pvping is against Emc rules. If player is caught doing so will be permaban.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  19. Umm If I'm causing sad faces by mentioning it on other threads I won't take part as much
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.