The problems of Krysyy, Aikar and how EMC is run.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by _REMOVED_87055, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Wouldn't be losing too much from Stream Team title... I'm last remaining person Jack is gone, Runder, Pecu, Sach, Cheezus everyone is gone I tried bringing new people to EMC with stream and wanted help from Krysyy got 1 repsonse "I thought jack taught you all the way back when"
  2. From my understanding, pages 6-7 were getting progressively better until page 8. People new to the discussion seemed to read the first few pages and skip to post. This ended the beginnings of a resolution where Krysyy was very openly taking the requests of players. In turn, this sparked up the ideas from the beginning pages. I understand that Krysyy performed unprofessional gossip and believe it was very uncool; however, I do not believe that is a very good argument. Unless you are saint-like and have never talked about someone being their back or spread gossip, you're just a regular ol' human. All of the "revolution" and "power to the people" is quite ridiculous in my opinion. Understand that staff is trying to conclude on what the people want.
    TomvanWijnen, 607, Zbid and 4 others like this.
  3. If you really want to try to have a sit down in a flowered field and "discuss" try all the other threads about this that have failed.

Funny enough, all those "progressive" and "discussive" threads have brought up so much hope, yet have failed.

Please realize that the reason why this thread seemed to go in the "constructive discussion" was because Krysyy and her followers were trying to push the exposing information under the rug. Seriously man, if you want a constructive convo try to make another thread and watch nothing get done from the same old boring conversation which has been repeated many times.
  4. And we're back to the personal blaming. I have to sleep before work tomorrow because I've spent nearly the last two days straight actually trying to move forward instead of focusing on the past issues of the last months and greater (don't even recall the 'abusive' mute)...

I get that some of you don't like me personally. I've said things you don't agree with, in private. Honestly guys, this is how staff stay sane sometimes. We vent. If we didn't, we would have actual short fuses. We have our private chat to prevent that. It's PRIVATE and intended for access only to staff members who are seemed mature enough to understand that in-game actions do not change opinion of the person.

Yes, we talk about players as they come up. Always have since before I was in charge. If you make a controversial post, it's likely discussed in staff chat before I actually form my posted answer. Do we discuss every post? No, but we are a team and I make an effort to make sure my team understands reasons of everything I do and if they ever question a decision, they need only ask and I will give as much info as is necessary til they understand.

Back to this case with screenshots, a staff asked a question and I provided an answer, albeit harsher than was becessary. It was then shared with a non-staff and it led to all this and you all do not understand that we can have vent moments and still act fairly. Hence the confidentiality rule for staff. I've made some mistakes in those I choose for staff and I've had leaks before, and they were demoted as well. Most recognize the damage that releasing dramatic vents to the community would do and refrain from that part...

And so we come to where we are now. Yes I said things. They weren't flattering and they were in frustration or in an explanation of a denial to a staff member I trusted, as a confidant that would understand and not go spreading it around. I can't apologize in good faith for what was said because it was my opinion based on interactions with the player and my honest answer to a question asked, but I can apologize for how it was said. I was much harsher with my words than I should have been. I could have presented the information about the limiting factor in a much less gossip tone.

I can't go back and change what has been said and released. I CAN not allow the focus on my personal comments to detract from the progress this thread has made for the betterment of the community as a whole.
  5. I don't think you realize what you did.
    What you said was hurtful, and if you actually understood the situation you would have realized that people were actually hurt more than what you really think.

Go play the victim all you want. You have a valid reason to, but this server is going down. You cannot get back up to where you were from this.

Apologize. Grow up. You're an adult and a community manager.

Don't mention your apology, actually APOLOGIZE.
  6. I'd just like to point out, That you say sleeping and work get in your way of working on EMC. However Work is typically 8 hours a day maybe 10-12 if you have a busy job and do a lot of overtime. Sleeping aswell is 8-10 hours so.. that is what 16-20 hours of your time? Where is the other 4-8 hours being spent. I'd love to know what hobbies or activities attract such extensive times of 4-8 hours a day.

As well EMC should be pretty darn important on your list of stuff to do seeing as you are the community MANAGER and ADMIN of a well populated Minecraft server. After all this server does seem to revolve around high powers since very few Mods and SS are ever active in game. Although I will say past day to 2 days lots of them have been in game compared to recent times.
  7. I just wanna know, is the cake a lie?
  8. What I take from this is that instead of being diplomatic, you would rather extend the argument and create more drama. If you haven't noticed, changes have been made from the "boring conversation". People wanted more staff activity and the new staff application was instituted. People wanted things to occur in different time zones, granted it isn't very large, but dedmon'5 early streaming addresses the issue. Steps are being taken to reverse damage the people observed; however, not everyone can see it quite clearly. What drama Krysyy did was very, very wrong and I acknowledge that, but someone has to be the bigger person and try to discuss. Once we get to that point, both people need to come to a consensual agreement on improvements.
    TomvanWijnen, 607 and Nickblockmaster like this.
  9. I own dogs that get walked. I have a family I like to visit. I have dance lessons. I have friends that come over. I have tv shows I watch sometimes. I have me time to have.

I ALSO have had multiple things behind the scenes going on EMC that I log in and do daily. It's not all visible and a good portion lately hasn't been, but it doesn't get done by fairies, I'll tell you that.
    TomvanWijnen, 607 and SpicyIcyBoi like this.
  10. [Removed From User]
    Starsphere, itskaribu and Otus_NigRum like this.
  11. I find it kind of amusing the response to validate what you said was right (you said it should've been rephrased) However you also said that every staff do it. So with this being said are u saying that two wrongs make a right and that if you don't have anything nice to say you should say it anyways? Just a little bit of my thought process seeing as in you guys saying gossiping and talking behind peoples backs is a human thing... However just because its a human thing doesn't make it any less wrong.
  12. This server is not getting better. This is terminal.
    Make amends while it is still possible.
  13. This discussion has been incendiary as is; Smooshed_Potato is just trying to smooth over the damage. A reminder that we are a community, and while you can feel free to rake me personally over the coals for this message as much as you like, you do need to remain civil and refrain from tossing insults, veiled or otherwise, at your fellow members.

And before you comment with some quip about the administration's failure to live by that same code, frankly, I don't care what was said in the past in terms of how it to relates to right now. Turn the other cheek. All feelings aside, keep the discussion amongst your fellow Empire players respectful. That is the number one rule, and a player shouldn't have to feel nervous about just wanting calm on the forums because they are worried that others will attack them for it.
  14. Okay, since this is increasingly following the wrong path again, I’m going to have to remind myself not to take the gloves off and stoop to the level of some of the more immature, inflammatory participants in this thread.
    On the topic of krysyy’s “gossip”:
    If you think it’s unprofessional, you’re wrong. These types of comments are not only common but also important. I guarantee your teachers, your bosses, your parents, and any other person who’s in charge of other people in your life makes these types of comments in private. You may see it as the “tea” or “rude gossip”, but these types of comments are confidential discussions between higher ups who have both context as well as the maturity to make them in moderation. In some cases, like Kira, they may be sharing important information such as “DO NOT TRUST”, or in others, like shell, they might just be expressions of exhaustion after a long and difficult day of moderation. I’m sure I’ve been the cause of both types of comments with some of the things I’ve done, and I’m not offended in the slightest. There’s a reason that staff confidentiality is important, and this is it. You are all getting completely outraged over a leak, thus proving why these things are kept between staff only.

Actually that’s about the only topic.
    Honestly, I think this thread should be closed. The productive conversation has come to a close, and much of it is now just hot garbage. Anyone who’s seen my recent post in other threads will know that I’ve been making posts at odds with the SS/Krysyy in great quantity, and yet suddenly I find myself having to try to defend them. Why? Why defend the people I was arguing with not a week ago? Because you guys are going way too far. This is beyond trying to fix the server, and this is beyond trying to create answers. Many of you are either airing your past personal grievances or dirty laundry (such as certain tea) and using them to fan the current flames of outrage as personal vengeance, and others are coming out simply because they love the drama, attention, and shouting “VIVA LA REVOLUTION!”.
    When I start seeing children say things like
    to a grown (adult) woman, that tells me something is wrong here.
    Guess I took the gloves off for this post anyway, I’ve been trying to show a little restraint in this course of this thread but I won’t stand for this turning into a group dragging of the CM through hell and back. It’s simply not fair or practical for one person to defend themselves to a dozen people at once, believe me I’ve had to be there before. If any of you have more personal comments to make that are completely in constructive, I suggest you either take them to personal messages with her where she can reply in a one on one situation, cry about them silently together in your group chats, or put them where the sun doesn’t shine. This thread was actually making progress before you showed up and you are certainly not welcome in it if this is how you want to behave.

Edit: changed grown-^#& to be family friendly :p
  15. I have removed your post as a violation of Rule #1 to Keep EMC Family.
    The rules clearly state that "Even censored or abbreviated foul language is not allowed". Please find a more appropriate reaction.
  16. You don't understand the situation.

You don't understand the emotional impact. That's why I am saying apologize.
    Don't back up staff when they say to be constructive and not to attack others and then do it yourself.

I said what I said to Krysyy and I stand by it. A grown woman, someone who is the manager of a community like this deliberately slandered toxicity towards a 16 year old. Don't pull this "We are human" crap. I know we are, but that's not a good excuse for saying what she said.

Krysyy should apologize.
    I was in voice with Kira while this entire situation went down. I know what went down and I understand second hand the emotional impact. This is not right.

And you extendingskies have no place to tell me that I'm not welcome.
    Tayolren and TheBeansyKiraboo like this.
  17. It was heck
    Warlord678, Tayolren and itskaribu like this.
  18. I couldn't agree with you more. What do these people think they'll solve like this? What a bunch of baloney!
  19. Otus scroll back through the thread. Clearly you’re not read up on everything that’s been said. This was my first and only “attack”, and it was to say that you all are acting unacceptably. The staff may be limited to acting with the utmost restraint, which I have a dang lot of respect for, but I am not limited by those standards, and to heck with ever trying to be staff if it means I have to sit by and watch you trash them.

Grow up. There is no emotional impact. My justifications aren’t about humanity, they’re facts that anyone who’s held any position of power or is over the age of 16 knows. If you want an apology for whatever stick you’ve got in unfortunate places, go take it to a DM with her and invite the rest of your outrage crew. Stop posting here if all you want to do is upset people. Be nice to people is one of the rules, and I’ll stand up here in defense of those who have to maintain a professional facade lest they roast you to a medium rare because I find it just.
  20. This is not about me.
    This is about kira.
    I'm standing up for a friend.
    I'm not repeating myself.

Keep wasting your energy on me, because I do not care what you say.
    I know you dont like me, and I know for a fact you'll go tunnel vision and focus all of the blame on me, which I find valid.
    Go for it buddy.
    FadedMartian and itskaribu like this.