That moment when....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by WayneKramer, Jul 11, 2015.

1. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but if this was real life and you had 10+ police cars chasing you, it's well past time to give up.

That moment when you don't know what's going to stop someone, apart from 15 police cars and 3 helicopters chasing the suspect... Yes, that does say 26 fps in the top right corner, that number should at least triple with the new machine I'm building...

I was playing LSPDFR and these are images from the game of 15 police cars (including me) chasing someone, look at the minimap specifically, each red/blue dot is a police car, and you guys already know what helicopters are on the minimap, they're the red/blue pluses.

Then that surrounding by the AI...

_Devuu__ and MoreMoople like this.
  2. That moment you realize you've been so unproductive and suddenly become motivated to learn quantum mechanics o_0
  3. Careful now. xD That's something that, once you learn it and understand what it means. You can never unlearn it and your mind might explode. xD
    derp_duckie likes this.
  4. Moment when....

shell was making comments after i put lots of stuff quickly in my vault with shift clicking. if u need 2 put lots of stuff in a chest just hold shift and double click.

also moment when shell is talking to himself again ^.^

5. That makes me wonder: have you started learning quantum properly (discribing particles as a cosin of a complex number and so forth) or have youu just opened youtube? one of them would give you a lot of respect from me. :p
    We3_MPO and 607 like this.
  6. I would just immediately open google and search for the recipe as I wouldn't know what it could be in the first place... :p

And I've been playing Minecraft since 2010... :p
  7. Well, at least that does show you've been playing Minecraft for some time already... new players would just use the recipe book. ;)
    We3_MPO, Jelle68 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  8. Don't worry no respect me me XD. I just suddenly became motivated to learn everything in the world lol :)
    We3_MPO, Jelle68 and 607 like this.
  9. How do you make purpur though? I'm still getting used to end cities and elytras.
  10. That moment when someone asks about one of your favorite blocks! :cool:

It's the coolest stuff! Warning: shell vent incoming! :eek:

Ok, so you start with planting a Chorus plant. What's that? It's something you will find in your inbox within 15 - 20 minutes. Basically: a chorus flower. It's a block which can only be placed on top of end stone, but it doesn't matter where that is. So it could be dark, it could be light, it doesn't care and will grow either way (makes sense if you consider that these plants originally grow in the End).

You'll soon see that the plant is growing. Patience! As long as the "flower blocks" show white specks then they're active and should be left alone. Eventually the process will stop and then it's time to harvest your spoils. (this is also the best part :) ):

Middle: active plant, right: "bloomed" plant.

Now, be warned: do NOT cut off the bottom of the plant. Start by cutting off the flower blocks. So in the screenshot above the plant on the right is ready: if you grab an axe and chop the flower block (in this case the top block) you'll get a new Chorus flower. After you collected all the flowers you can continue to chop the stem (bottom) of the chorus plant. This will get you several 'Chorus fruit' (see the screenshot above: in my hotbar I got 2 flowers and 6 fruit). This is the key to purpur.... Use the flowers to replant and get more chorus.

Now: the fruit serves 2 purposes: eat it and you'll be teleported like an Enderman. It's pretty cool.

But if you cook the fruit (in a furnace) you'll get popped fruit. Combine 4 popped fruit and... you'll get yourself a cool purpur block. And this block is a "full purpose block" (as I like to call it): you can use this for pretty much everything. You can make slabs, you can make stairs, you can make pillars and....

Yes, it gets better: you can make what I personally consider to be the best light source in the game (because it looks so awesome!): if you combine a popped fruit (see above) with a blaze rod you'll get an end rod. Know what? I'll throw some blaze rods in as well 8)

True story: the construction you see above started with 1 chorus flower which someone game me. I planted it (had some spare end stone) and then got stuff. And I replanted more plants, and got more stuff. Then I started building the farm rings you see above and before you know I got to where I am now. But it all started... with 1 flower.

That's my last suggestion: make 2 rings. One approx. 7 - 8 blocks high and the next level 7 - 8 blocks above that. This allows you to reach all sections of your chorus plants:

See what I mean? I can reach those flowers on my level and a few above me, but in the upper middle there are flowers I can't reach from here, that's where the next ring comes into play. You can see this for yourself on my res. btw if you want: /v shelluser (SMP2): go left around my res. and you'll soon see my chorus farm.

Hope this answers your question, you can expect your own "do it yourself purpur kit" any moment now :)
  11. That's true, actually! I also use a recipe book, here's a screenshot of it:

Quite useful, even works on your phone if that's more convenient for whatever reason! ;)

In all seriousness, it's true, I've never used the recipe book to find a recipe... only to quickly craft a lot of an item that I still know the recipe of. :p

Wouldn't have a clue. I haven't been in the end since before shulker boxes and purpur stuff was invented, I don't even really know what an end city looks like... :p I also have never bred minecraft horses and don't even know how that works. :p
    607, Jelle68, Sydney4363 and 2 others like this.
  12. First, you have to plant a chorus flower on end stone, then wait for it to grow. Then you need to chop off the mature chorus flowers so you can replant. After that, you can cut and replant. You'll need to smelt chorus fruit to make popped chorus fruit; 4 popped chorus fruit can be crafted into 4 purpur blocks. Purpur has the same toughness as stone brick, nether brick, prismarine, etc. as it is, like the other things I mentioned, technically a type of brick.
  13. That moment when you spend an hour coding a quiz program only to be told you are wrong every time you are actually right.. and wrong when wrong..

*confused*
    607 likes this.
  14. just hand in the quiz blank you won't have any wrong answers
    haastregt and Sydney4363 like this.
  15. you wont have any right ones either though
    607 and We3_MPO like this.
  16. If you hand it in blank, EVERY answer will be counted as wrong, and you'll get a 0 as your grade.
  17. When you decide to make asteroids but realise that your coding program is wonky and you can’t replicate the movement from asteroids.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  18. Glad it ain't worth nothin more than hopefully catching wind in my memory again XD

Also, dude above me, you code, or was that a joke?
  19. That moment when you forget about your staff heads thread so you make a tiny little edit to bump it
    We3_MPO likes this.
  20. Did I just wake up this thread with my unproductiveness? :eek:
    607 and We3_MPO like this.