[Suggestion] Use Tokens to Buy Unobtainable Blocks

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Cyberazaz101, Aug 16, 2016.

?

Good Idea?

Yes 11 vote(s) 42.3%
No 7 vote(s) 26.9%
Indifferent 8 vote(s) 30.8%
  1. Here are my thoughts on the suggested blocks:

End Portal Frame - Decorative Block: Can be used to make nice planters. Would need to be disabled unless naturally generated/placed by staff.

Seamless Slabs - Decorative Block: Can be used to make seamless sandstone walls. Great for building. Currently unable to be spawned in vanilla, however they were prior to the 1.8 update.

Bedrock - Grief Block: Used by griefers to build unbreakable structures.

Bark Block - Decorative Block: Can be used to make seamless trees

Piston Head Top And Head Blocks - Decorative Block: Can be used to make Crates and Tables. Disappear when updated.

Empty Monster Spawner - Iffy

Fire Block - Flint + Steal = Fire
    607 likes this.
  2. You can't break end portal frames either
  3. Not sure if this has been answered yet, but perhaps there can be some sort of command or special tool (like the WorldEdit tool) that can remove these blocks. You can only break the special blocks that you have placed though, so you don't break through the bedrock layer at the top and bottom of worlds.
  4. Still neutral on this, but what about a Chorus Plant block?

It's a relatively harmless block and can be used almost like a pillar of Cobblestone Walls (similar texture and whatnot), and this block is still available/placeable in Creative.

I'd also like to add maybe the ability to place any picture you want just for the price of 5 Tokens (a picture type and size that would always be the same as long as it was in your inventory, and would be preset with what picture you specified)

Or maybe the ability to add an extra layer to a banner (that already has the maximum amount of layers) for 50 more Tokens/layer (though this might be a bit more difficult to code), and possibly with a cap on that as well (for instance, you can only tack on no more than 2 or 3 additional banner layers to the maximum of 6 or something)
    Cyberazaz101 and Vizsco like this.
  5. It does seem like a decent idea from my point of view, but also not. Many veterans of EMC have tens of, maybe hundreds of thousands of tokens due to nowhere to spend them; these high value blocks could be easily bought in large quantities and would cause some inflation and could potentially harm the economy. -1 from me, but with some refinement it does have the potential for a good idea.
  6. Inflation in what, exactly? If executed like crafter proposed, people wouldn't be able to sell it. Besides, even if they would be tradeable and sellable, I still don't see how that could cause any harm to the economy.
    SirGem and crafter31211 like this.
  7. -1

Tokens are meant to be used for DT. Yes I know there is no DT in sight but that's what they are planned for. If implemented the blocks bought would not be sellable or tradable because then you can basically convert your tokens into rupees and that's also not the intent of them either.

So instead of trying to find new ways to spend tokens why not go find that dead horse named Dragon Tombs and beat that a few more times.

Disclaimer this is my own opinion and not in anyway related to staff or EMC management.
  8. Probably because some of us have been waiting 3+ years for DT and quite honestly are done with waiting and have moved on. These tokens have been around for almost 2 years and all we've been able to do with them is buy fancy shovels, so we're looking for small, non-game breaking, ways of using them.

It wasn't the intent of anyone, if anything, people in this thread have disliked this idea for that reason and crafter came up with a REALLY good idea for stopping people from using this.

This came off as a tad rude to me (although I doubt it was even close to intended that way) so I tried to refrain from being lashing out at all. :) Thanks for your input however.
    crafter31211, 607 and TheDarkModRises like this.
  9. It's never my intent to be rude. Though I am working so I may have made it shorter then I meant to.

I've been waiting for DT myself and I hope that it's coming. But I ignore my tokens. Cause DT is why they were created and what they are intended to be used for.
  10. We shouldn't just limit tokens to JUST dragon tombs. In fact according to the wiki these are what tokens are currently usable for and are planned for in the future.

Tokens can be used to pay for a biome change on your Residence in the Town. For 5,000 Tokens, you can change the biome on any of your Residences on one of the SMP servers. A biome change on Utopia will cost you 10,000 Rupees. Use the /res changebiome command in order to change your Residence's biome.

Example: /res changebiome jungle changes your Residence's biome to the jungle biome.

There are many more features planned for the future, such as Dragon Eggs, unique armor, and more. Tokens will also be the primary currency used to claim land for your Empire in the Frontier!

Right now, tokens cannot be used to obtain items. During the holiday season of 2014 and 2015, a temporary promotion of EMC's Blizz Ard mob existed, and a number of tokens could be manually traded in for the Avalauncher item. More information can be found here.

So tokens are used for more and intended to be used for more than just DT... in fact I didn't see anything about Dragon Tombs on the wiki page...
    Kephras, 607 and SirGem like this.
  11. Well maybe my info is all wrong. If it is in very very sorry. There are reasons why they are not used to purchase items. Im not sure if that Info is in the wiki or a random forum post. I'll look later.
  12. Cool, I'm always willing to have information right rather than assumed. :)
    607 likes this.
  13. I must have missed the no selling part. The inflation part would be due to the large amounts of these blocks entering the economy and messing up rupee and token value, but that's irrelevant now
    607 and crafter31211 like this.
  14. Sadly, there's already been one way to convert tokens into rupees; Enter the Avalauncher. People were buying them for the 10k tokens, then turning around and selling them for 65k-75k rupees a pop. By doing that, it technically established a conversion rate of, on average, 7 rupees for 1 token.
    ChrisFlareon and 607 like this.
  15. Someone finally said it. Thanks lol
  16. Why didn't you say it yourself?
    Although I was considering saying it too, and didn't either. :p
    ChrisFlareon likes this.
  17. ......I'm now contemplating that myself. XD
    607 likes this.