[Suggestion] Empire Banking Accounts

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by PenguinDJ, Oct 29, 2015.

?

What do you think of this banking system?

+1 34 vote(s) 81.0%
0 2 vote(s) 4.8%
-1 6 vote(s) 14.3%
  1. 1+ Love the idea:)
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  2. I like the idea, but I have some concerns about it.

You can't prove any scam if a player takes all the money and therefore the victim gets nothing back

Hence why I voted 0.
    iNachos10 and PenguinDJ like this.
  3. Valid point but I would assume there would be a log much like what we have now.
  4. But what exactly would that prove? Player A took 2,000r from the bank. Player A is technically allowed to do that, so no one can do anything about it
  5. I guess it would have to follow along with flags. If you give access make sure you trust em. But as you said, not much can be done.
  6. I use my alt as a bank account but this seems way better would love to see this happen
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  7. I love the idea, and some ideas:
    • Shared bank accounts should be with people you trust
      • If the person you share with gets banned, the bank account is frozen for 15 days, then it is closed.
      • Add a warning: If the people you share your bank account with gets banned, you may lose your rupees
      • Staff or Senior Staff can look at the bank activity post-ban to be sure there wasn't any fishy stuff going on.
    • Another Rupee Sink: You can expand the amount of rupees you can keep in your bank
      • 100k is the default limit.
      • Vouchers or purchase expansions
        • 1m
  8. Eh, not sure if this was brought up or not before, but this could lead to scamming. I like the idea, but it's got some larger flaws.
  9. The player that enters money into into the bank will have to accept the fact that the money is no longer his/her own and anyone may take that money
  10. I like this idea. (+1)

However, the forum rules state that we cannot suggest ideas that have already been considered and denied. An EMC banking system and shared banks are on the formally denied list. So my suggestion should be taken as an alternative that requires little developer time, and therefore might be obtainable.

However to say it again, I would also much prefer a system similar to what PenguinDJ has described :) (and described very well).

[edit] I could be wrong about the 'rule' part. Maybe that's just a soft guideline?
  11. I think its unnecessary
    Captian_Foxy likes this.
  12. A lot of things on EMC are unnecessary. :)
    PenguinDJ and ThaKloned like this.
  13. I have a question of this banking system,

Will there be a setting which will make your account automatically send rupees to the bank account? It would be nice to set this for a ult to automatically deposit so you don't have to log in with your ult and transfer it via /bank deposit. Without a default, might as well do the old system where you have to /pay to your main account.

Now my opinions,
    I feel in a scamming situation, it would be hard for a moderators standpoint to check every withdrawal to make sure they are legitimate. I just feel new players would abuse this system causing player hostility and a loss of members. I know I'm being over the top of this but this is a major flaw when sharing money with others. I'm 50/50 about this because of that flaw and it hasn't been a issue to log in with my ults, paying myself, and holding onto my money.

Sometimes you need to be wise when you have a sell shop. 40-50% from your buying price is usually the way to go. :p

New ideas (If implemented)
    1. Can only withdrawal every 15 minutes with a cap of 150k (Just to make sure there is no insta-emptying)

2. Create a 4 number pin created by yourself in case of younger siblings (Can disable this)
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  14. It definitely would open up new possibilities for stealing, as does anything relating to the economy. This is all about trusting another player, or group of players. There's nothing stopping a player from going around and scamming newbies, and I don't think there's any way around it.

That being said, I find it unlikely that in the scenario above that any player would willingly deposit any amount of money into a bank.

This feature should only be used for trusted friends and community members.
    Toasters are complimentary.
    That's not set in stone, it's just what I had in mind. But the way I suggested it you'd have your main and one other. All players would start with no banks, and would have to create them as needed.

Yeah, that's a problem but I don't see a way around it. Copy-pasted from above:

It definitely would open up new possibilities for stealing, as does anything relating to the economy. This is all about trusting another player, or group of players. There's nothing stopping a player from going around and scamming newbies, and I don't think there's any way around it. This feature should only be used for trusted friends and community members.
    Brought up; look above.
    I think that's a great way to put it. :)
    I disagree. From the OP:

Banking would allow the player access to an account which money could be stored in and accessed by one player or many players. This allows players to store money for bids, prevent mass selling to a shop, draining a player of their rupees, and allows for easier collaboration between shop owners.

And what SkyDragon said.
    Seems reasonable. Will add to the OP. I know someone else suggested a percentage going into an account but I think all or nothing is better. :)
    That's true; but some low-income shop owners wouldn't like to be drained of all their rupees by getting sold beacons or another similar item. :P
    I can see how instantly emptying an account can be useful. Say, for example, you win an auction for an Ore Buster and need to withdraw 300k - you'd need to wait a certain amount of time to do so, which I disagree with.

It could work, but I don't see a need for it. Your account = your responsibility, or so the saying goes. ;)
    Technically duplicate suggestions should be closed, but I disagree in this case for two reasons. One, Krysyy's pointed out a banking option could work, so I decided to bring it up again. Two, I attempted to describe a banking system in more detail than any other suggestion I'd seen. I know a few of them were very vague, and I try to include features/commands/other things rather than just briefly posting a rough idea with no idea how it'd actually work.

It's not like I'm suggesting Tekkit or anything. :P
    ThaKloned likes this.
  15. And the reason I didn't elaborate is because there has already been the same suggestion many times and it was shot down for many reasons already said on those threads.
  16. 5 results are listed for banking suggestions.

ChamelonNYC's suggestion: That is very complicated and is completely different from the OP.

DeathLands' suggestion: This is the closest, but the suggestion is a mere two lines and doesn't go into much detail. Your post on that thread was the same as this one: doesn't have a use, which by the replies on this thread and the others, is untrue.

ErikRodhi's suggestion: Completely different. That's a promo suggestion.

AmusedStew's suggestion: Again, similar but different. Same basic concept of a bank but they are completely different in function.

Terminator908's suggestion: Extremely complicated. Deals with interest, loans, etc, which my suggestion does not.

Sorry, I can't see where you're coming from. As I can't see a suggestion that's very similar to mine, I don't agree that the reasons those suggestions were closed apply here. And, well, I am strongly against people shooting down suggestions without any sort of argument on their side, or in this case one that makes little sense. :)
    -
    -
    (It's a bit unusual, so I figured I'd point it out for everyone: the orange text are links.)
  17. In the past two months adding some sort of group account has been suggested at least three times. I did provide a reason, its unnecessary and it has already been said no to several times. Saying I have no opinion because you don't agree with it doesn'tACTUALLY mean there is no argument :-P

Edit: http://empireminecraft.com/threads/suggestion-joint-bank-accounts-for-organizations.55627/

Second edit: oh look you found them all yourself and then said they weren't the same thing... totally makes sense. They are the same thing...
  18. I do totally agree penguingDJ:
    I have started with more as one big buildings buildings buildings, and Xeliusyen I'm thinking back to those builds I see how useful a bank whould be:
    First, as many of you pretty probably know, I have got a Meggamall (1145 for the people who don't), and a Meggamall cam make you run out of rupees REALLY fast (I believe my record is 210Kr in four hours (two beacons, dc leather, 9 stacks Iron doors and some other stuffs)) so without anything like a bank I was not able to bid on any auctions, witch is a bit confusing, so I made two rupee balances: one at jelle68: my shop balance, and one at ilse32: my promo one. That was very useful, cause that made it no longer possible to bid on auctions and, something I didn't expect: I can now see how much rupees I have got to spend on promos and how much is for making it possible to sell stuff to my Meggamall.
    Second: Back to my builds, I have started with many builds with MitchD2000 (and one with Tomvanwijnen) I do didn't think about it these days but it whould be very useful to just have a separated rupee balance for such a build, so you can always go looking for stuffs to build with, or in the case is of 1144 (a res build) Is am the one that pays, so when Tom sees an item we're looking for, he can just buy it with that rupee balance (at the moment he has just got the password of ilse32 cause we're Frends in real live for really a long time and e live in the same village)

And I don't beleve that "newbeas" will just pay the rupees to a bank, they might be unknown with EMC, but I don't beleve they're stupid...

So +alot from me :D
    TomvanWijnen and PenguinDJ like this.
  19. This could make things really complicated but there could even be a password to access the bank acount. But not for the owner of th bank just the people that were invited.

So like "/bank withdrawal [bank] 4279"
    The it would bring you to a password prompt, and if you enter the password correctly you get the tried to withdraw for the acount.
    iNachos10 likes this.
  20. Mine and that suggestion are different. The basic idea is the same, but the function is completely different. That involves taking money from an organization and donating it; this is just an extra rupee account. IMO that suggestion is complicated where as this one is simpler. It has a completely different use.
    Minecraft accounts have passwords on them, and you need to log in to play on EMC. I disagree with the need for a password. Your account = your responsibility.