[Suggestion] Add Live Map for End Dimension

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Tuqueque, Apr 14, 2017.

?

Yes?

Yes 29 vote(s) 87.9%
No (comment bellow reasons!) 4 vote(s) 12.1%
  1. I know I know... Tuqueque how dare you break the rules of no resuggesting something that has already been suggested, well, this thread is from 2013, and the only reasons that I could see were grief being a problem and there isn't a staff statement there. Now with the antigrief update, and greater concience between /waste and /wild to gather resources, it would be very usefull to have livemap for the end.

I don't see any harm done with adding live map, since it doesn't ruin the challenge of finding the portal and fighting the dragon.

How it would help? By telling people which cities have been explored(raided).
  2. Good question, how dare you?! <gasps>.

More serious though... Apart from your well founded argument (which was enough to convince me; sometimes there is a possibility that staff overlooks something, and then a small 'bump' or resuggestion could help) I also took the liberty of checking the 'Already suggested' wiki pages on Server and plugins, Site and forums, and Miscellaneous. And nothing mentioned there either so I think you should be good.

Same. In fact: it would probably even help players out more who are looking to build in the Frontier End, especially with all those islands we now have. I know some players really enjoy that spooky environment, and well: the Frontier is for building afterall so it makes sense to have some way to get an overview.

And I doublechecked: DynMap should easily support the End as well so...

+1
  3. The people who vote Yes are voting for it to end right? Just to make sure I didn't vote for the wrong one because I don't want it to end.
    Equinox_Boss and Tuqueque like this.
  4. +1

There actually was a live end map for a short while after the waste end was first introduced with 1.9. I was very excited, but it quickly went away for some reason. Rug, pulled. :(
  5. No, it's about a live map for the end. The dimension The End. It doesn't have a livemap at the moment.
  6. Welp I read this entire forum post the wrong way
  7. While it would be neat and useful to have, I think a Live End Map is partially unnecessary -- not completely.

-

* Mojang introduced "Escape Portals" to the Outer End in 1.11 to help players get back home, without killing themselves.

* An additional massive Live Map would require more system resources for the server(s) that run them.

* It takes away some creativity, regarding communication of where landmarks are. I strongly support people to solve problems on their own, not directly giving them all the information.
    For example: after one flight through an End Wastelands, I hanged maps showing the area I covered and their cardinal quadrant(s). This is to suggest others to not spend time in this region of The End, since they'll only find pre-conquered cities.
  8. Since EMC was 1.9 for more than 6 months before 1.11.2 came out to EMC, many of the /wild end was generated without these portals. Giving the players a livemap would help them get "not lost"(Getting "not lost" is one of the main uses that the live map serves, in my opinion) by showing where these portal begin generating.

EMC is play your way, and I believe that is why EMC provides the livemap in the first place... If a player wants to challenge themselves, they can easily negate the existance of the livemap and play in a "more" legit way. If they don't want to go through the trouble, they can go to the livemap and get help from it.

Wastelands reset, and although there are many players like you that are kind enough to do this, many people won't read those maps, or remake them for the new /waste reset(which will come next week(probably a month) acording to krysyy in some post I read recently) Giving /map for the end, will save you that trouble, and will be readily available for every smp, anytime :)

--As far as the resources go, well that is the only negative thing with this implementation, although im not sure how resource expensive are live dynmaps
    We3_MPO, Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  9. All in favor of just removing live map altogether? I have included a meme to explain my thoughts on the matter.

I am personally against the idea, that doesn't mean we won't ever add the live map for the end.
  10. +1 for sure
    We3_MPO and TuqDufRhySmp8 like this.
  11. i will never use it but i can see other people using this +1
  12. +1 and -1

cause (in my opinion) that would be "OP" cause you could find end cities verrry well
    ShelLuser and TuqDufRhySmp8 like this.
  13. Is not that hard to find end cities... End cities have a spawn pattern, you just need to find one (which is relatively easy since many are near the teleports from the main island to the outer ones) and travel north-south(iirc) to find more.
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  14. +9001 we NEED this
  15. Finding raided end cities, yes. Most untouched end cities won't have been generated yet, so they wouldn't show on the livemap.
  16. +1.

Even though chickeneer expressed his opinions about this suggestion.
    TuqDufRhySmp8 likes this.
  17. well, its only my opinion, if you dont like it, it wont bother me, ill still carry it out
  18. The live maps only show places people have been to, so the rest of the end will be a black area.