Server Problems, Post Here!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by chickeneer, Nov 3, 2014.

1. You got it! I'm on it
  2. Just minor changes to commands, which seem like bugs? but might have been obsoleted on purpose:

/fr on no longer works, now you have to do /fr online, as it expects a number

Side Preview signs no longer seem to work? been to a few museums with the side preview signs, which I know they used to work before, however, it is popping the error for container:chest
    UltiPig likes this.
  3. I'm not sure about the preview issue, but I recently confirmed with chickeneer that /fr on (or /f on) no longer working is an intentional change. You may find certain other command variations that have been removed intentionally.
    Nickblockmaster and Tuqueque like this.
  4. Server down for everyone?
  5. Yeah, everyone just got booted!
    Joy_the_Miner and Sefl like this.
  6. yer , maybe surprise update.... :D
    Joy_the_Miner likes this.
  7. There seems to be an issue I'm noticing lately with shop signs simply not recognizing any inventory in a chest. First noticed it with LogosRising and his ender chest shop sign (while his flowers worked fine). Now, with katydidbuild's tropical fish chests, the signs insist there is no stock, yet there are items inside.
    AncientTower likes this.
  8. Reports about shop sign issues is noted. It is on my list to look into here quickly
  9. A call for help on the reported shop issues. I cannot seem to reproduce the issue with shop signs created in the current version of Minecraft. I can only seem to find issues with old shops. Yes the old ones shouldn't be broken - but am looking for any help on this issue to narrow down the problem.
    GreninjaFroakie likes this.
  10. if you come to +katy on smp8, fish section, you can see some new shop signs that are not working
  11. When you say they are new. Are you saying those signs were made in 1.17? There is definitely a problem with "Some" shop signs made before 1.17 - but I have not been able to recreate an issue with shop signs created in the current Minecraft version.

Edit: I acknowledge some funkiness with buckets of Axolotl, since they do not show what type they are - but they do work with shop signs just fine...
    DrasLeona247 likes this.
  12. Oh, I think the fish signs are old.

But with Logos, a few days ago me and him kept trying to make the ender chest sign over and over again to no avail....and that was in 1.17. You did fix it, however
  13. Yeah. But I didn't do anything special when creating that Ender Chest sign though. The same process as ever. Anwyay. Still investigating :)

Edit: I have found at least one instance of a sign created post update that was broken. But still unsure how they managed to break things... Every shop sign I make has the correct data... So am a bit stumped.
  14. I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but i have noticed that the Frontier wild live map doesn't update when i move to unexplored areas. I have yet to try another server, but just wondering what could be going on.
  15. This is actually expected behavior - the live map doesn't update when you move through land, it updates when the land itself is updated/modified. For example, if you place/break a block, that chunk will load on the livemap.

This also isn't always an "instant" update - it can take time for the livemap to update with changes.
    crystaldragon13 and Krysyy like this.
  16. Exactly, I like to move through secretly! ;) Besides, I use JD's version of the maps - much better.
    JDHallows likes this.
  17. could you expand on this?
    JDHallows likes this.
  18. Fred_TWK and JDHallows like this.
  19. Oh, don't tell everyone!! It was *my* secret!!
    KatydidBuild and JDHallows like this.