Server Problems, Post Here!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by chickeneer, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Yep.
    We wiresharked her connection and saw tons of TCP Duplicate ACKs, Retransmissions and Resets.
    Just like mine when I had an issue with my internet.

Minecraft is especially sensitive to latency, packet loss and the above issues.
    Loading sites in general, YouTube, speedtests, and many other platforms are more tolerant and manage to stay responsive despite TCP DUP ACKs and retransmissions.

Running a speedtest on my network showed 400Mbps dl 20Mbps ul 40ms ping which is within expected range, however wireshark showed a flurry of retransmissions during the speedtest.

In my case, my ISP sent a tech out, and after using some test equipment on the utility pole, the tech said the signal quality on the main trunk was pretty dirty as well as being the last house on the end of the line.
    He then put in a request for someone to investigate further, and possibly redo some cable equipment in the street.
    Not sure if they did anything but my internet seems to be stable so far, though it has had its cycles of behaving for a while then going bad.
    I never had these issues on FTTH networks, only on cable :\

( FTTH = Fiber to the Home, see also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiber_to_the_x )
  2. Latency issues? Oh boy.

I'll be honest, I'll take a bit of latency issues over what Valve does with their games. People with much different latencies can play, but the "Valve Lag Compensation" can be quite tiresome to play with.

For those of you who do not play Valve's games, essentially, the client renders the models that are not in alignment with what the server says the model's hitbox is actually located. TF2, CSGO, (etc) are great examples of this. Even if you have perfect ping, and even if the server has perfect ping, the person with the lowest ping will cause this to become more issue to be more prevalent than not.

I'm aware that this is totally unrelated to what's going on, but I'll put up with Minecraft's issues than how Valve handles it in their own games, because at least Minecraft's lag/latency issues do not offset the models and hitboxes. :)
  3. I am on SMP9, was trying to build a cobble generator in the wild but the water and lava was acting up.
    1st the water would not flow more than a few blocks so I repalced all the cobble blocks under the flow area which is a straight line.
    Next I put lava 3 blocks above the water but the lave only spreads out 1 block on either side and flows down 1 block leaving an air space between the lava above the water. I tried logg off and back on again but it still the same.
    WHAT IS going on ????

As of 5/11/2021 I still have the problem of the lava not falling down onto the water to create stone. WHY?
    UltiPig likes this.
  4. True!

Though in our experience with this particular issue isn't necessarily so much latency but with packet loss and duplicate ACKs.
    It leads to timeouts (I was being timedout every 60~30 seconds, was unbearable but I had things that needed to get done), animals freezing in place, world stops becoming interactive, chests don't open, towering up to the sky leads to huge gaps in the tower as if you had been flying and placed blocks mid-air, being able to see people chat but not being able to respond to them, people saying I bounce around the world like a pingpong ball, people saying my /ping is 4000ms (while other ping tests show about 35ms~45ms), falling through the earth and other madness...
  5. My issue with the water and Lava not flowing properly is still a problem. I need someone to look at it.
  6. From what you've mentioned above it sounds like the problem is a design flaw with the build, rather than an issue with the server itself. If you can send me a forum PM with the coordinates of the build, I'll be happy to take a closer look for you.
  7. I do have a pending code fix that helps reduce some funky liquid flow issues with ghost antigrief blocks. Maybe go out sometime this week.
  8. wonder if that'll help flying machines with accidentally bmoded air blocks
  9. Ummmmm, Can't remember if I improved that situation. Feel like I have, but not sure.
    I know that specific mention was for water.
  10. sooo... this don't seem to happen every time.. and I am not sure if anyone else has experienced this but there does seem to be a glitch with stacked zombie virus in a shulker. this is the second instance this has happened. once with me and once with another player. after killing momentus he dropped 30 zombie virus which was stacked. was put (still stacked) into a shulker with other items. opened the shulker moments later (not even 10 minutes later) and now the zombie virus is unstacked with some missing of course (because obviously a shulker doesn't have 30 spots available..) and other valuable items missing now :confused: This happened another time a couple weeks ago with another player but they lost a lot more valuables. including DDTT, witches gem, mob heads & vault vouchers. he gathered all the loot gained and went to bring the valuables home after mob hunting and placed the shulker back at home to only find an entire shulker full of zombie virus. (which he does not collect usually.) he only threw it in there with the other valuables just because it was apart of the loot he gathered so why not right? so he then reached out to a mod to investigate and they concluded there was nothing they could do. so he let it go thinking he might've just brought the wrong shulker home and his one with valuables despawned after he broke it or something :(but now it just happened to me as well with my own eyes, so I know he wasn't just making that up. my observation is if the stacked zombie virus is placed in the shulker it unstacks and pushes out everything in the slots after it.
  11. That's good to know. I should take my one stack of 48 remote shop signs out of my full chest, then. I hope you can get your stuff back. :(
    FadedMartian and tamraaa like this.
  12. True! I never thought of remote shop signs. I have never had an issue with those though so far, nor do I know if this issue happens with chests as well. I just know it definitely happened twice with shulkers and zombie virus specifically. But thanks for bringing that up. I'm for sure gonna take precaution with those as well just in case.
  13. am I the only one that goes to fill lava buckets, and when gets back to the res, the buckets that well full a sec earlier, are now empty?
  14. yeah. Don't put overstacked items in shulker chests. Thought I had put in a fix to prevent people from doing that though. Will double check.
    Please message senior staff for support on your lost items. https://pmss.emc.gs/

Buckets have desynced with the server since forever. :(
  15. hey chicken, any updates on the chunk loading bug? its a real bummer :(

i know you've been pretty busy, and i appreciate you!
    pewdiepiggy likes this.
  16. yeah item deletion can happen with anything overstacked pretty much anywhere
    so just give overstacked items enough room to expand and don't store anything valuable near them
  17. Is there a way to fix the live map? It looks like this new issue only affects the wilderness map.

It went from this... (my wilderness base on the map)

...to this in a day or two...
  18. Send me a message with coordinates and I can look into it
    Sefl likes this.
  19. Hey, I just wanted to confirm the issue with stacked Zombie Virus vials. I love it when I kill an enraged Zombie and it drops 7 or more stacked Virus vials. So if I put them in a shulker box with other promos and the box is full, a terrible thing happens. I put the box in my ender chest and come back to town. When I place and open the shulker, the vials are spread out and the other items in the shulker are now deleted. Not so fun. Especially when the box was full of Enraged and Boss drops.
  20. Please send Senior Staff a message about this. Thanks. https://pmss.emc.gs/