Server Problems, Post Here!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by chickeneer, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Not only did I forget I made this, I'm surprised it's still operational and that anybody is still using it!

Almost makes me want to go make some changes to it...
  2. Really, it's something that should be on the main maps pages! Being able to go directly to the servers and outposts....nicely done mate!
    JDHallows likes this.
  3. Shop sign issues.
    When I made :sell only signs for wood logs poptartflavoured was unable to sell items to it. When I changed the signs to include a buy:sell price, the signs suddenly work. Original signs created post-upate as I recall.

Tropical fish in buckets that Dras mentioned were made using the #customname method so the actually fish name was listed. These signs were created pre-update.

Have also had a report of choose signs for free items on Utopia not working day after the update, but have not heard additional complaints.
  4. It is the more global map to go with the global chat. I have a link to it on the shop directory as well. I can assure you that it is well loved.

Interesting note, you cannot share that link in chat as it is blocked by filters (when last I tried, hence using another link to get around that)
  5. Other issue.
    The turtle helmet while being worn, seems to cause a visual glitch on the screen. The water breathing icon on the screen bounces up and down like static.
    Goes away if you take the helmet off or if you are in the water.
    Have not observed this with any other effects.
  6. Hi So advised to report here boats just started sinking on Server 6 today. Any ideas?
  7. yeah, it's a few days that they randomly do that on different servers.
    if you can, place the boat on solid ground, get in, row to the water and it should work fine
  8. Just had another glitch with shop signs. Once again a player could not sell to me. Hashhog assisted. Discovered it is a mod interfering with shop signs "clickthru" mod is its name, i think.
    Needs disabled with shop signs on emc. (and sent ss a pm as well with this news)
  9. Oops, that's almost certainly my fault.
    To disable it for shop signs on EMC, the easiest thing to fix it is to add \d+ to the second line of that mod's config, accessible via the Mods button in the pause screen.

edit: My modpack now ships with this config by default, so this shouldn't be an issue anymore
  10. having repeat, intermittent trouble connecting to the website this hour and now getting connection lost issues from the server.
    trouble again today or is this a me thing?
  11. surprising SMP7 is potatoed
  12. just so people know smp9 is down at the moment
    Kryarias likes this.
  13. Looks up to me. (I know it WAS down, but I think it was up when you posted this?)
    UltiPig likes this.
  14. ah finaly found the thread as it was comming up
    just wanted to post that cause i knew it was down for 3-4 hours

thanks for the info!
    UltiPig likes this.
  15. Pretty sure #sell sign (where the sign owner is intending to buy items) specifically for promos are not working. tried to set up a few with no problems, when you get to actually use it, it is not working (no error code was given either). (I also tested going to a few promo malls and same issue occurred where the shopowners where trying to buy the items

How to replicate
    Sign with
    Name
    1k :1K S
    #

click with any named item (promo)

it will allow you to buy, but not to sell it to the shopowner
  16. Any item that has a cool down can't be "sold" this way. As the items are not the same.
    The # signs will only ever work for items that can stack with each other.

I guess I would want more specific reproduction steps. Give me an example of an item that is doing this
    607 likes this.
  17. I want to set up a shop sign to buy Empire Waffles, and the promo shop I tested was a Cupid bow
    (I bought the such promo from the same shop sign, so it would be the same item, and the owner would have enough money, but the transaction didn't go through)

(And, yes I was testing my own shop signs from an alt account so I could actually try to buy/sell items)

EDIT: Ok, I hadn't tested on an unmodded client, and that worked! Didn't expect it to be such since its Waffle's Fabric Mod folder, but one of the mods for some reason was conflicting with the sell mechanic... Thanks and sorry for confusion
    607 likes this.
  18. Idk. I just testing this issue, and couldn't reproduce. Let me know if I can help further troubleshoot your shop creations...

It is very possible that some shop signs from before 1.17 could need recreated due to internal data changing. But that doesn't sound like what you are talking about.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  19. Are you actually typing out the S? in the line
    1k:1k S

because that might be your bug there. Signs auto fill your name and the B : S around the colon

Never tried making a sign that way, not in game to test it for around 12 hours.
    UltiPig likes this.
  20. So right now, residence permissions are a bit glitched:

Admins on a residence can make other people admin, and also take admin away. Previously, only the res owner could do this, so I'm sure it's a glitch :)
    KatydidBuild, Nickblockmaster and 607 like this.