Rules Reminder: PvP/UHC and Illegal Mods

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Apr 22, 2016.

1. As are all of us.

You get a different story from each staff you ask.

Aikar says no time for an investigation.

Krysyy says it's unnecessary.

Chickeneer says it's already been done.

Wat
  2. May I add Aikar's quote as well:
    Is it unnecessary? Absolutely. Does it mean we (Senior Staff, not admins; Krysyy and Aikar have a lot more to do than us) won't take some of our time to investigate? Not necessarily.
  3. ^^ Then how does Aikar say there's no time for an explanation? I'd quote you but you didn't actually add any coherent input to quote.
  4. If there was an investigation, Penguin would have been found NOT guilty. The only evidence pulled is him PM-ing me. Like I stated, we have outside means of communication. If he did hack, why would he PM me there?
  5. Because he is quoting it out of context. ;)
  6. Full message for everyone:
    Changes nothing.
  7. Truth: penguin admitted to use of illegal mods and in his coming clean to the community post states that he will probably be banned and he accepts it
    Truth: penguin was banned for illegal mods on all accounts.
    Truth: penguin initially appealed only for the accounts that he claimed were not his.
    Truth: upon learning that his accounts would not be unbanned penguin planned to dispute on all accounts stating that he had not used illegal mods in the first place.
    Truth: when this dispute was denied penguin asked for an investigation
    Truth: staff launched an investigation post-ban and found in the in-game PM's of penguin 3 weeks ago that he admitted to using X-ray on the smp as well as the information where our staff member had informed him of what happens to illegal mod users upon a ban when he asked for this information.
    Truth: penguin remains banned.

You wanted it. There it is.
  8. Aikar was not part of the investigation though. Regardless of whether an investigation was needed. We DID investigate. So your point is moot.
  9. Truth: Penguin was banned for illegal mods on all accounts.
    Lie: Penguin initially appealed only for the accounts that he claimed were not his. He was disputing. Two accounts, his sister's and friend's were banned.
    Truth: Upon learning that his accounts would not be unbanned penguin planned to dispute on all accounts stating that he had not used illegal mods in the first place.
    Truth: When this dispute was denied penguin asked for an investigation. Shouldn't an investigation be conducted BEFORE a ban is placed? Even then, an investigation should be conducted BEFORE an appeal/dispute is accepted/denied?
    Truth: Staff launched an investigation post-ban and found in the in-game PM's of penguin 3 weeks ago that he admitted to using X-ray on the smp as well as the information where our staff member had informed him of what happens to illegal mod users upon a ban when he asked for this information. He can contact me at any time on Skype. If he were to do this, why would he use EMC chat where he can be caught?
    Truth: penguin remains banned. Please wait until Monday when Penguin posts the behind the scenes video of this whole thing. You will be amazed.
    Patr1cV, Rundercaster and PenguinDJ like this.
  10. Truth: the above post. :)

(I added the red brackets myself, because meh)
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  11. PenguinDJ likes this.
  12. This is one of the things that is not making sense. You make it sound like you know for a fact that it was PM's between you and him that were found.
    Either 1) you are assuming they are, and not PMS between Penguin and someone else
    Or 2) you know for a fact that they are between you two and you are lying about it

I don't know which one it is honestly, I just find that tidbit a little odd.
  13. Here is part of the code we used to ban Penguin.
    Code:
        @CommandAlias("ban|kb")
        @CommandCompletion("@allplayers:7")
        public static void onBan(final Player player, String[] args) {

14. I doubt any thing he brings to the table now is out the window. We tried to keep it private in the convo he started but you two choosed to make it public. Pleaing that penguin was falsely banned because his planned or whatever it was backfired on him. My best advice to you and penguin is to stop arguing here and take it to back the convo before something worse happens.
  15. This thread in my opinion is just a few people trying to troll a staff member for as long as they can get away with it. The way I see it, someone got bored and now we have 8 pages of this nonsense.
  16. Because it happened and I remember this. If you/Krysyy can supply the date of this PM, I'll give you logs.
    We have no problem with keeping it public. Let me know.
  17. Because that's what you two want at this point to incite drama within this thread/community. Am I wrong?
  18. There is no need for you to say that, honestly this passive aggressive bullcrap needs to stop. You as a staff member need to actually help solve the problem, not continue it. Oh cool you included the code, that doesn't solve anything. Aren't staff supposed to be the mature ones in this? I guess not.

Aren't you supposed to be working on the update?
    (Counter passive aggression)
  19. With the risk of getting people mad at me. I have played on other servers and in all cases admission of using illegal mods is bannable. I have seen it many times but I have never seen an argument that when a player has said it that they were just making it up. Just saying.
  20. .

But what I'm getting at is how do you know that the PM's are between you two and he didn't tell someone else? That's where my curiosity is ringing it.

I'm not going to ask for the logs because it is not my place to, that part just wasn't making sense to me.
    crystaldragon13 and We3_Nub like this.