Rules Reminder: PvP/UHC and Illegal Mods

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Apr 22, 2016.

1. I have no clue why we haven't locked this
    ShelLuser, TotoStyle, We3_Nub and 3 others like this.
  2. Faking evidence is extremely easy. Player evidence can and should be used, but you have to be careful about how you examine what you are watching or seeing.

I could easily pull up a single-player world and fake any type of chat log that I wanted. I could even record a video, and fake the username of a player hovering above my alt's avatar. Replicate the environment, set up some command block clocks with "messages" from players, and -- voila -- you've got yourself some prim "evidence" to get that guy banned.

Alright. Now that I've ensured I will never be allowed to submit evidence against someone ever again, :p I'm going to say that, and it should be obvious, this thread was not created for arguments. Staff, I suggest that you either lock, clean up, or move the OP to the rules section, just in case someone wants to view and/or discuss the original topic. We aren't here to talk about who said what, and who did this, and why someone did that. This thread was created to introduce (or re-introduce) some rules that players may not have known about.

*Mini rant is now over*

#teamYouJustLostTheGame
  3. I just have one question for you, why joke about hacking? Obviously we have those players on this server that don't necessarily know the difference between joking and being serious. So if we know these types of players exist, why joke about such topics?
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  4. People, we are meant to be a community. These last 16 and a bit pages seem to dismiss that idea a bit. EMC is not a school playground, we don't need to pick sides or resort to any form of rudeness. At EMC we want people to work together, not push each other away. Some of the messages here are clearly dismissing anything EMC stands for and I am surprised people are acting like this. No one wants to see people arguing about this kind of thing, so for the sake of the community, do not continue.
  5. I got pulled over by a state trooper for speeding some time ago. Its like he jumped out of my trunk and !!!BAM!!! there he was on my tail. I was on the Interstate with plenty of other cars around me and we were all going the same speed, 15-20 OVER the speed limit.

I said to the Trooper, "Everybody is going that speed, why are they not getting pulled over?" I swear that Trooper had the slightest of a grin. "Well, I got you." he said.

It took me awhile to get over that. I was pretty darn mad. But I think about it and its true. We were all going to fast, he could not pull us all over, I was not singled out it had to start somewhere. I was just rubbed wrong that he chose me. Now that cost more than a few rupees I tell you lol. I was kind of crazy in my day. I thank God I did not kill anyone or die and i am alive to tell my tale.
  6. What if your friend does that?
    DH32 likes this.
  7. Same concept. If you report them and there's proof, they'll get banned. If you're being dishonest, it'll turn onto you.
    ShelLuser and crystaldragon13 like this.
  8. I personally have gotten people banned, I would never get a friend banned. I will leave that to nature.
    Rimont and Blondekid42 like this.
  9. Krysyy, got any 2's?
  10. I've had to wave off a few friends, its not nice
    MissFable likes this.
  11. On my phone, gf is more important, but wanted to share 1 thing about credibility and "how things look". I also have had concerns and sometimes wondered about certain staff decisions. From a Senior suddenly stopping an auction (people who know me realize that I'll def. winder 'wth' and speak up) to certain bans, non bans and...

I asked plenty of times. I've yet to be proven right, because so far I could not find any flaws.

I am surprised that no one seems to notice that the staff never went for the cheap approach: mention that we've been here before. No one noticed that Penguins past is kept out? And you think to know how the staff runs things? I beg to differ...
    Blondekid42 and Wither_Addict like this.
  12. Very sad that this had to even be posted. People who can't seem to follow rules NO MATTER HOW SIMPLE just get on my nerves... don't even get me started...
  13. I just have one question... might be related, might not, but here goes:

Will Caden ever be unbanned?
  14. That player's ban appeal is private. Only he will be able to tell you information.
    MissFable, We3_Nub and Blondekid42 like this.
  15. Hmmm.....well how can I be positive in this. Don't say you use hacks.....Dont think about hacks, don't read about hacks, dont think about reading about or thinking about talking about hacks. Period. Its simple. Its against the rules there is no loophole. Period. Don't do this, and don't joke about hacking. Obviously, that has been made clear not to be a joke. So don't do that either. Just obey the rules. It is so simple. I hate to be a nazi and sound like a momma but just do what you know is right! Don't do it and try to find a loophole either. You know the risks so it is definitely not worth it. Just dont do it and we wouldn't have to have these types of topics. That is my motherly advice to you young-ens.
    We3_Nub, Harp4Christ and Sparticals like this.
  16. Speaking of mothers, happy Early Mother's Day- I won't be getting on tomorrow.
  17. Bump for the fun of it.
    FoxyRavenger and We3_Nub like this.
  18. Why I just read all of the posts on this monstrosity of a thread I have no idea. Bad enough it had to be reminded, fought, and argued.

Man this thread in general left a bad taste in my mouth.

Looking over staff action, it was correct. Some comments from other staff members were feeding more fuel to the fire. As for me, I need to allow myself to soak in all the information and let myself cool off before commenting :p