Residence Update Log! The latest changes in the Empire Town!

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by Maxarias, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Changed texture packs and added another willow tree, some torches, and a sign up front.

padde73 and ThaKloned like this.
  2. Tango's Cow Carousel.

Been a while I guess... a fellow SMP2'er asked about a cow farm: a contraption which can automatically cook cows to get beef. And because I was looking to get my mind of things a bit I figured I could just as well try to build it. 5 blocks wide, 7 or so blocks deep and 9 high. Tango Tek design (which means it's usually pretty good).

And the result.... (pictures courtesy of Aya)

Now, this works but it does require tweaking. First I recommend using Utopia for this because this device was build to hold approx. 100 cows. Which would fully eat up your entity limit (see /entc) on a normal residence.

You also need to remember to enable animaldamage (/res set animaldamage t) otherwise your cows will simply thank you for the hot lava bath while complaining about the small spaces.

Also: the original design uses a hopper timer with 3 stacks of blocks. Thats way too much for EMC usage, so I would recommend 8 to 16 blocks at most. Right now I'm experimenting with 4 blocks which seems to do the trick quite nicely.

So how does this work?

You stand in a spot and a dropper is feeling you wheat which you then feed the cows (so they'll breed). When the system detects enough cows (gold pressure plate) it will activate a hopper timer which, when running out, will power a piston which opens the hole into the kill chamber. Only baby cows can enter there.

Then the idea is for them to grow up, enter the lava, and drop their stuff.

It's definitely a good design but it has a few flaws: sometimes cows can glitch out of the device:

Even so... this thing is relatively easy to build, it works pretty good (Aya & me now have around 80 cows and 1 stack of beef and also several drops of leather) and what I enjoy the most is that even though it was made with "AFK" in mind it's actually my experience that it works best if you're NOT afk.

Because at some point your cows will be saturated, and if you keep feeding them you'll also feed babies which will then end up as normal cows before they get moved into the kill chamber.

One tip: when looking back I'd rather have build this underground instead of above ground, that would make it much easier to access.
    Windylava, 607 and Sydney4363 like this.
  3. That almost looks like a trail of blood. :p It also looks like there's a spatter on the calf's hind leg.
    Sydney4363 likes this.
  4. That looks pretty sweet in that texture pack! Nicely done :)
    padde73 and xGGirlx like this.
  5. Thank you! :) It's the OzoCraft texture pack in that pic.
    ThaKloned and padde73 like this.
  6. Finally completed the floors of my new (soon to be opened) Megamall on SMP2 @3559

Here's the completed exterior

Walrice, Jelle68 and ShelLuser like this.
  7. So I want to welcome a new addition to SMP2 Downtown and a welcome back to an SMP2 legend of the build. She's been back from death more times than Miley Cyrus's career; Ladies and Gentlemen I introduce to you all the Space Needle!

Welcome back Space Needle! Come visit at 3561 with great views of Downtown SMP2!
    SSRC - Smp2 Supportive Re-Investment Corporation
    Tuqueque, Gawadrolt, RichRayM and 2 others like this.
  8. That's not too surprising, as Jesus has only died once. :p But perhaps you did mean this build came back twice? Then Lazarus or Jairus' daughter would have worked as well. ;)
    Anyway: looks great! :)
    Windylava likes this.
  9. LOL this is why I should stay where I am better acquainted
    607 likes this.
  10. I have a plot on utopia that I am not sure what to do with it. It currently has a villager town on it. I think I might dig it all out and make my own place for harvesting with very large farms.
    607 likes this.
  11. So I was doing some organizing at my outpost and brought about 4 stacks of hoppers back to town and someone elses bow, which I returned to their donation box... realizing I have no donation box and 4 stacks of hoppers I figured it was time to fix that... then this happened.

607 and Sefl51 like this.
  12. Also, if you haven't visited my res in the past month-ish my res is no longer what looked like a griefing explosion of random blocks. I actually did something with it:

When you first get to my res you might end up dropping from above, the effect is pretty cool if you are looking down, pictures don't do it justice. Looks much better at night:

I love my custom trees:

My town workshop, doesn't compare at all to the lab at the outpost but its town, I don't need to do much:

Of course, what is a natural looking res without a pond?

13. I guess it's up to us to fill them all!
    Gawadrolt likes this.

14. Added 20+ little nuggets of wisdom to random places all over my res
  15. I logged in yesterday for a while. Got to go see berry_44's house in the frontier and there was a new player in c chat asking for help making himself a house. Soooo, while berry_44 kept bugging me to go play some mini games with her hehe, I spent about 15-20 minutes building jake_lion his own house in town. Complete with a custom spruce tree and a little bit of landscaping by berry_44.

16. this is so much fun to watch, perfect music :D I can't believe this thread hasn't been replied to since 2019 O.O
    607, UltiPig and FadedMartian like this.
  17. Before I bumped it, I was thought 2019 was a year ago or something. :p Also, I'm glad you like the video! I'm going to post more in this thread to inspire others to do the same... and then I'll visit those residences and make videos showcasing them -- if there's enough to see for a few minutes of footage. :)

The music is Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 8, Op. 13 "Pathétique" -- Not only is classical music superior ;), but it's public domain and free to be used by anyone (as long as it’s an original performance).
    607, Tuqueque and Gawadrolt like this.
  18. Spent most of the day working on the walls to my Black Crypt project.

Kryarias, 607, MoreMoople and 3 others like this.
  19. Before and after screenshots of a room at my house on SMP8. :)

Atels, Kryarias, 607 and 3 others like this.