Replacing the bedrock bridges. What block?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Krysyy, May 9, 2018.

1. Alright serious inquiry, It's got to match the style of the spawn. If it doesn't well, it would look ugly. I imagine the build team has a great talent for blending and understanding of the concept of the outpost spawns. (They Built them in the first place)
  2. There IS a unprotected spawn out in the wild with tons of beacons... doubt we need more free beacons(by accident) in the /wild...

^saying that incase there is a bug which lets people break road =P
    We3_MPO likes this.
  3. just giving credit where it is due
    FadedMartian, We3_MPO and khixan like this.
  4. smp8's bedrock paths actually don't connect to the spawn itself, so we can go hog wild. I agree that if the path leads directly to the spawn, it should blend. I also like the idea of the path to the End being End themed, or a path to a desert being sandstone themed, etc. One size may not fit all ;)

Here's a sample of what I posted a wall of text about. Access points, lighting, safe for horses, etc. This is just to illustrate the stuff I meant. Not suggesting we use it.
  5. If this becomes a competition...

We have a winner! lol I really like it. You could have used more fences, you know... since this is probably going to get world edited in =P I can also see this being adapted to different biomes, as you said
  6. Definatley Stone Slabs! They are very versatile and different looking... says so right in the Empire Blog :)
    khixan, Jelle68, SkeleTin007 and 9 others like this.
  7. Like bedrock and unspawnable blocks, barriers are not a survival block. And for those of you who think of end portal (frames), don't even get me or the staff started on that...
  8. I actually like that idea! And maybe also terracotta if it leads to a mesa, jungle wood/leaves and mossy blocks for jungles (same with roofed forest/savanna but dark oak/acacia instead of jungle, respectively), (packed) ice for polar (snow-covered) biomes, etc.
  9. Could someone post a picture of one or more of these 'bedrock roads'? I recall seeing bedrock in the wild before, but I don't remember how it looked. Is it just a 3-wide road of bedrock, without anything else?
    cubefragment, haastregt and We3_MPO like this.
  10. But they all have to have pressure plates too, and be tuned correctly so they play a song when you walk down the path
    bboybrian, khixan, Sazukemono and 4 others like this.
  11. I think dirt would be a great building block for this
  12. Sure! This is a bedrock road near the smp3 center outpost. :) (note: the rails on the left side aren't included normally, those were player laid) (walking path of 3 wide)

And there are also some roads that are one block narrower (walking path of 2 wide):

:)
    khixan, 607 and We3_MPO like this.
  13. ALL STAR BY SMASH MOUTH, YES!
    khixan and Sydney_43 like this.
  14. It'd be cheap and natural, and grass could even spread on and people could bonemeal so tall grass and flowers grow on it, but people could decide to plant large trees (dark oak, 2x2 spruce, or 2x2 jungle) in the way is the only problem with that...
    607 likes this.
  15. Ain’t in the build team for nothing I see...
  16. Uhhmm... I had some free time... Tom showed this thhread at me... so I guess... this happened...

I was kinda feeling modern as you can see... If you actually want me to, (kryssy) I can also try to make something that fits in... I just like modern too much I guess...
    The problem I have with this design is that, from the outside, it looks a little bit overdetailed. from the inside: it looks a little bit underdetailed. I tried to find a balance...
    I also tried making it be as simple as I could and just make look somewhat decent... There also is the option of going totally ham with the design and make something inspiered on Hadid or Koolhhaas, I think that would defeat the purpuse of a simple bridge though... We don't want it to look too good... it would make it way to hard to build around it.

Lastly, if I had to choose a block: either stone brick or stone slabs. Those things bland with basically anything,
  17. Personally, I like the bedrock roads.
    FadedMartian, Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  18. dirt is better imo
    Sydney_43, Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  19. Hmm... tough question actually.

I don't have an outspoken opinion on this (because I don't visit often enough) but still: maybe an expensive (protected) block such as quartz or something more expensive? Maybe a combination of the sort?

Reasoning: new players may try to break it, notice it won't work (not even outside the protected area) and then hopefully they'll consider the obvious. Of course... that should already be obvious enough but... that's why this isn't an outspoken opinion / suggestion.

But I do applaud you guys for wanting to get rid of the bedrock. It's not bad but... I dunno, normal blocks are better IMO.